Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    You dont change lead actors for the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    you should try finding the source for the exact image then?
    I have, as could be seen from my previous statement where I quoted that part.
    More importantly I looked at the images. They don't look similar.

They specifically stated that they used CO for the movie because it is easy to drag it along - there is no similar need for a single image; and they have made STM images with other atoms before.

Thus since the image and the movie look different I don't see the proof that they used CO for the star trek images. You are just offering insults - not proofs.

15+ Year Old Account
    The object that is the like most a perfect sphere is our sun that we can observe, that is not created synthetically.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    They dont look like anything. You cant see them.

They only look like that on the image because it's how the electron microscope "feels" them. The actual method is more like a blind person touching stuff than taking an image so they look like spherical blobs cause their electrons are creating a field around the atoms with which the microscopes sensor interacts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Amazing, but it is misleading - since the orbitals are not solid spheres but various shades of probability; and there are no significant gaps in the orbitals as shown in
    I thougt this was given ^-^
    im cool pls respodn

Maybe you should ask why ping pong balls look like these molecules.