Disparaging comments towards Anime should be infractable.

People are silly and think that animation means automatic childishness. They make fun of us because they don't understand us.

They don't like to deal with anything that is outside of their norm and so they try to victimize us simply for liking something that they consider "weird". When someone spots your Anime avatar they might try to use disparaging comments in an attempt to derail the discussion. People like that are ignorant and inflammatory because: what's the difference between an Anime fan, a Star Trek fan and a Jersey Shore fan? None, in the end we are all in the same kind of thing.

So I request of thee, MMOC, tighten thy iron fist on these hooligans so that we may appreciate and discuss our favorite past-time in peace.

nah, pointing out avatars and using them to criticize people is a cornerstone of internet shitposting.

Must...resist...giving in...must...not...

10+ Year Old Account
    We're the internets punching bag, the balance must be kept.

Shit-talking any forum user will get you infracted. Just report the post, mods can't be everywhere at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    You honestly think Anime is the only nerd thing people take issue with? Haters will always have something to hate.

It depends on what attracts people in an anime, the big tits and big eyes, or just the storytelling? I reckon people assume the former and perceive anime lovers to be bunch of weirdos, hence the hate.

I know that it might upset you, but there's no need to cry...........like an anime fan on prom night.

how did they fuck that game up so badly?

The guys over at MLP sure know how to take a whining without making threads about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have no power over my furry paw.
    Spoiler: 

In all honesty, let them have a go at it, it's not as it's actually going to mentally hurt someone by using disgraceful words towards a form of art that someone likes/loves.
    As long as the avatar (and signature for that matter) is not vulgar (as in complete gore/nude/f*cking and the like) or anything violating the rules (Signatures + Avatar), then I, for one, am perfectly fine with it.

Then again, I couldn't care less for whatever happens on the net. After browsing it for around 10 years, I've found out 90% is pure b*llsh*t, 9% drama and 1% where people get along.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You are bit thin-skinned, right?

I have lived with "Comics are for children" for all of my youth. Really...grow some...
    Good ol' @det, haven't changed that avatar in the last 7(?) years. Seriously, ever since I first saw your name and avatar, I have sincerely not seen it swapped. Then again, I did have a MMO-Champ break for two years after discontinuing WoW, until I got hooked back at the end of MoP.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Giving their opinion about anime is ok.

When they do it in a ignorant fashion.... it's probably inside the rules too.
    But when they insult the people who has a positive opinion about anime/mangá - that's when the ban should occur!

We should add retro game bashing to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    I know that it might upset you, but there's no need to cry...........like an anime fan on prom night.

how did they fuck that game up so badly?
    1) Wanting to please the fans too much and 2) not enough waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You are bit thin-skinned, right?

I have lived with "Comics are for children" for all of my youth. Really...grow some...
    Used to be. Times change and sassyness is way more fun anyway.

Where I grew up video games and comics were generally considered okay, while anime definitely was not.

Edit: How do I do the ---Updated--- thing? >.<
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2016-06-25 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    People are silly and think that animation means automatic childishness. They make fun of us because they don't understand us.

They don't like to deal with anything that is outside of their norm and so they try to victimize us simply for liking something that they consider "weird". When someone spots your Anime avatar they might try to use disparaging comments in an attempt to derail the discussion. People like that are ignorant and inflammatory because: what's the difference between an Anime fan, a Star Trek fan and a Jersey Shore fan? None, in the end we are all in the same kind of thing.

So I request of thee, MMOC, tighten thy iron fist on these hooligans so that we may appreciate and discuss our favorite past-time in peace.
    I don't bash many people and don't really care about anime watchers but to declare yourself as an "us" in regards to anime is kind of odd and might be why you get picked on. I love all sorts of cinema, tv shows, short films etc. but no one genre is my "us" labelled into and you shouldn't either. You enjoy the genre of entertainment, just enjoy it... don't make it an identity.

Seriously... there are haters for everything on internet. Choose something and you can find someone who dislikes it. Anime, mlp, furries, whatever! Pick one!

If a post offends you, you can report them just like has been suggested earlier.

They know it's not for kids, they just don't care because it's funny.

Deleted
    "Anime is for kids"- meanwhile I sit here and watch anime where people get ripped to shreds with dying screams

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    It depends on what attracts people in an anime, the big tits and big eyes, or just the storytelling? I reckon people assume the former and perceive anime lovers to be bunch of weirdos, hence the hate.
    Must...resist..."look at all this plot" gifs...

Ah hell I'll post just one:

Last edited by Justpassing; 2016-06-25 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not going to punish people for disliking something or having a different opinion. If someone's post is not constructive or insulting just to be insulting, report it and the mod team will review.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |