10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    I'm ashamed to be British. I don't class myself as a Brit anymore, I'm EUROPEAN. I hope that europeans won't meet me on my travels and be like disgusting a Brit accent.

Dumbest fucking decision ever. Old, ignorant, nationalist pigs in my opinion that voted Leave. OR just plain stupid and had no idea what they were voting for.

Broken Kingdom.
    Its only broken because of all the millennials crying on twitter about it, the kinds of university kids who haven't ever lived through anything.

The london mayor should resign effective immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    When are you moving to the Europe mainland?
    They won't. Sitting there and bitching about "racists" and "nationalists" on the internet is so much easier!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    We need a PM to set the vision, explain the goals, and give us targets. Right now the Leave camp have already dropped basically all their pledges for what they said they were going to do. No money for the NHS, no changes to immigration, and they want to remain in the EEA. So we need to ask what the fuck did we leave for?
    Well just think about Greece and Syriza...

The promises are always great. As long as you believe you don't have to keep them. In fact, if they want to stay in the single market, they will have the current rules - but worse conditions. Pay more money, have no vote. They only promised you that the EU will accept all the terms they want to have.

Oh wait - how did this work out for Syriza and thier voters? They accepted pretty much all conditions in the end, all they did was to blame others why they had to accept pretty much all conditions in the end...

Maybe the UK could get slightly better results - if they could persuade ALL 27 members (every single one of them - that's crazy) to accept their conditions. How is this supposed to happen?
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2016-06-25 at 11:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Again you argue something that has no bearing. The phrase notification is used over 90 times throughout the document. Notifying someone is a standard procedure which is not limited to members leaving.
    You do know there are produced legal briefs who say that they could do it?
    It would in essence be a nuclear option, as it would open the door to ejecting members via art 50 - but apart from setting a really bad precedent, saying that Cameron's speech where he explicitly said, that the vote must be respected - could constitute notification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the ounce still falling?

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    It would in essence be a nuclear option, as it would open the door to ejecting members via art 50 - but apart from setting a really bad precedent, saying that Cameron's speech where he explicitly said, that the vote must be respected - could constitute notification.
    C'mon this is the EU we're talking about.

There's no way you could notify them of anything without filling in a form.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post

Oh wait - how did this work out for Syriza?
    But the UK stronk! - Not like Puny Greece!

Deleted
    I've read that too. It doesn't have to be an official letter.

But then again - there's no reason to assume this would happen. It could be a last resort though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    I've read that too. It doesn't have to be an official letter.

But then again - there's no reason to assume this would happen. It could be a last resort though.
    there is EU parliamentary elections in 2019, so the last day for the negotiations will be in the start of 2019 - The last day for the UK to hand in its notice is before the 1st of January 2017, after that point, they will be made to.

Deleted
    But the UK stronk! - Not like Puny Greece!
    Have fun persuading all 27 EU members xD.

I can't picture any scenario where the UK could persuade every single member to give them (much) better conditions than norway. It's more likely UK won't be in the EU single market for years. Or accept the conditions they were fighting so hard against. There could be very few exceptions though. Perhaps those Cameron reached in february.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2016-06-25 at 11:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    And should it suit the UK, that supposed notification could be dragged through the European Courts one last time by the UK delaying it for years if necessary.

The UK will notify when it chooses.

and they want to remain in the EEA
    Really? That doesn't make any sense. Aside from not having to apply EU law with regards to fisheries or agriculture, and of course not having to join Schengen or the Eurozone - which the UK didn't have to do anyway as it has a permanent opt-out - most of the rest of the EU laws must be applied, without having any representation in the democratic institutions of the EU. Including the free movement of people, which seemed to be a major case for the Leave campaign. So that makes zero sense. The fee payed into the EU is smaller of course, but relative to the fact that you get nothing back from the EU as you do being a member state (Cornwall and Northern Ireland, among many other places, gets a lot of regional development funding from the EU for example) it is probably slightly more expensive to be in the EEA. And given that the UK, unlike any other member state, had another special case in having a permanent rebate on your membership fee which ment you payed £4.9 billion less than you should have without it every year, the cost if you take into consideration what you get back would likely increase for the UK. And since all this money being sent to "Brussels" was a big issue for the Leave campaign I can't imagine they'd want that either. I will be shocked if what they want is to be members of the EEA. Oh, no wait. Being shocked would've required me to believe that the outcome of this referendum was the result of rational thinking and adherence to facts. So ok.. guess I was wrong, it makes perfect sense..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Is the ounce still falling?
    It has held stable around 1.36-1.37 USD for about the day.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    It has held stable around 1.36-1.37 USD for about the day.
    thats good news.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And should it suit the UK, that supposed notification could be dragged through the European Courts one last time by the UK delaying it for years if necessary.

The UK will notify when it chooses.
    I'm sure the UK will notify when it chooses. The Commission has been very clear that the UK remains a member with all benefits and obligations that holds until the day it is out. But the only reasons for the UK delaying, unless they changed their minds about leaving, would be to negotiate the terms of departure before notifying. That's not going to happen. The rules are the rules, they are clear and they exist for a reason. If the negotiations were supposed to be indefinite the EU countries would not have made the rules in the treaties out to be "2 years of negotiations and then exit", they would have made the rules "negotiations and then exit". So, per the rules, the negotiations will begin once the UK triggers Article 50. So there is zero reason to not do it if you are to leave. Sure if you are to restructure your government before, that is a reason. But after that, no reason to "delay it for years".

You can probably count those cases on the fingers of one hand. The only instances I recall are those where the deportation is effectively a death sentence. We don't do the death penalty in this country. In more recent cases, assurances were obtained from the government to whom we were deporting them which were accepted by the European Court, and the deportation went ahead.
    Its not all about where sending them back is effectively a death sentence.

Somali rapist Mustafa Abdullahi, 32, who was jailed for 10 years after holding a knife to a pregnant woman’s throat as he attacked her, also managed to avoid being booted out.

Judges ruled deportation would breach his rights to family life despite his not having a wife or children. Judges said that because Abdullahi’s mother and other relatives lived here he should not be thrown out.
    There's also been cases where they have a wife and children and use that as a reason not to be booted out. This type of abuse of the act wasn't a large number thankfully.

p.s Here is the page I quote from. http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/635...man-Rights-Act

I can only hope now that we're out of the EU we can improve this Human rights act.

15+ Year Old Account
    thats good news.
    Im not so sure, they lost a lot of money, that is like 13 cents they have lost when trading in from the dollar. From it being the third most traded currency in the world, it is a lot.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    When are you moving to the Europe mainland?
    Oh I'm not. I've got an Australian partner and we're moving there end of the year so tbf it doesn't bother me that much.

But I'm concerned for my family. English people just know how to fuck things up. Full of pride, nationalist pigs. I stand by it.

Germany and France give more. What about the billions that were given to Wales? Or the Billions our science research was given from the EU last year? All about throwing money at other countries but nothing about what we get back.

PROBLEM with this country is, the average fucking Brit reads The Sun or the Daily Mail because The Guardian etc have too many big words and don't have four spaces between each word to help the uneducated. The Sun and DM are toxic, biased liars. They need to stick to the tits on page 3 and celeb gossip.
    Last edited by mmoc10e316d81f; 2016-06-25 at 11:44 PM.

Deleted
    The referendum pledge was in 2015 IIRC. 55% of Scots were too chicken to take a chance in 2014.