Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Honestly I'm about done with them. This is probably the straw for me. They're constantly ruining the game for no fucking reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is engine-related: Fine. Enjoyed it while it lasted.

If this is trying to force players to adhere to the same restrictions: Better disable any mod that gives other players an advantage and make them all UI-only.

Seriously fucking tired of players demanding you install mods or download third-party shit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I would say tanks are going to be affected the most by this change.
    Yes, up to a point where it's frustrating to just see a mess of low polyons. That's not fun at all. When you tank Mannoroth mythic against the pillar for example. Without a max distance camera it's horrible.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-06-25 at 11:39 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Tanks and melee. I could barely stand playing a melee before in some of the smaller boss rooms with limited zoom-out, and now I guess me playing a ranged in Legion (if I play at all) is assured.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    If this is engine-related: Fine. Enjoyed it while it lasted.

If this is trying to force players to adhere to the same restrictions: Better disable any mod that gives other players an advantage and make them all UI-only.

Seriously fucking tired of players demanding you install mods or download third-party shit anyway.
    Blizzard is designing encounters around players having mods these days. Good luck trying to kill Archimonde Mythic without all the mods for the beams and to hit the right timings. Blizzard knows we got them, so they design around them. Only way to stop it would be to remove mods all together, and then we would just end up with 3rd party programs anyway.
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2016-06-25 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    The things you people find to complain about. Someone on the forums actually said they were "physically unable to play the game now." Really? Physically unable? Even if you try to use Epilepsy as an excuse, only something like 3-4% of elpileptic people have photsensitivity. Sure it was nice in some areas to zoom way out, I did occasionally, but this is in no way game breaking. The screenshots I have seen are really not that bad. People HATE change and when it comes to Blizzard changing something, people lose their minds. You will get used to it. Why can people not just play a freaking game because it is fun, why does it have to be made and playable EXACTLY like YOU want it to be. People already saying they won't play the game if they can't zoom the camera out...wow, everything there is to do in the game and people threaten to stop playing because of camera distance. Some of you people are unbeliveable.
    Exactly this.
    They managed before.

People don't like the reason, therefore it will never be a good reason in their eyes.
    No argument will satisfy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I play a melee and have been 13/13 mythic for almost a year now, and I have never used the extra camera zoom. Anyone who says you absolutely need the further zoom to see what you need to in raids are either lying or just shit at the game.

Do you seriously need to have the entire boss' model in your field of view? Hell no, why the fuck would you even want that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    You are very bad at summing up things.
    so you are saying i am wrong? the whole community is complaining about pruning (with reason) that it makes the game easier.
    now they remove a mechanic that made the game unintentionally easier and guess what, people complain too?
    how about you l2p and stop whining? typical of casuals.

And if you are a tank/raid leader then you are really looking at problems since you will generally have the boss facing away from the raid and obviously standing in front with everyone else on the opposite side of him.

til its reintroduced one expansion later as a revolutionary game feature lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderi View Post
    It's to make the game more immersive and to give stuff size again. This goes along to help make the action cam better for those who will use it. They have made this great expansive game and for people to be zoomed out to the point where there character is a mere pixel on the screen seems a bit dumb, doesn't it?
    It should be a choice. Should be able to choose if that's what I want or not since we've had it for a long time. Just like the old models, if you want you can choose to use those over the new ones. I don't dislike the new change but if they want to avoid the salt then make it a choice, I personally don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thx dev for pissing on the Pve peoples a bit more ...

Make the bosses bigger and bigger and the max camera distance smaller, the tanks sure gonna love it.

Sucking those manoroth feet is awesome.
    Last edited by Niight9; 2016-06-25 at 11:42 PM.

I mean with the removal of a bunch of interface options from default. I would figure the camera would fit perfect with this model. The ability to make the camera zoom out farther is hidden.

Can we, I don't know, have camera options like in Guild Wars 2? They let you recenter your character, which goes a long way towards making the lower zoom on that game enjoyable. I'm able to look ahead of me and not just stare at 50% nothingness behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Typical, blizz apologist pretending the wow community is a monolith.

It doesn't make the game easier, you're strawmanning hard right now. It makes the game more palatable since you can see more than just the raid bosses ankles.
    LOL blizzard apologist??? if you actually knew me you wouldnt be saying that.
    more like i hate people who complain for the sake of complaining. there's literally no reasoning with them, they just like to complain and see the world burn.

and yes, it does make the game easier. you literally are able to see more things and gather more information of your surroundings than you normally would. that does make it easier. the same thing happened in overwatch where players were asking for a bigger FoV angle which would enable them to see more things around them and therefore enable for higher awareness with ease and make the game easier.
    Last edited by Railander; 2016-06-25 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even as someone who has almost always used the console commands to get the maximum possible distance, I really couldn't care less.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I play a Tauren on a fairly large TV screen. Playing with the extended max camera distance makes my character a decent size on my screen. I am not looking forward to having him take up more of my screen. On my Goblin I do bring my camera in a bit since she's smaller, but my Tauren is huge.

Fantastic, another reason for me to stop tanking in this expansion. I'll be damned if I'm going to try and group mobs, ping pong bosses or do any of the other responsibilities that are required of me when I can't see past the unrealistically large character and enemy models in this game.

No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    so you are saying i am wrong? the whole community is complaining about pruning (with reason) that it makes the game easier.
    now they remove a mechanic that made the game unintentionally easier and guess what, people complain too?
    how about you l2p and stop whining? typical of casuals.
    Yes you are, because

a) Not all players are the same - I for example like the prune since I ran out of easy reachable keybindings already. So some like the prune, others don't.

b) The camera is not just about "easy" it's about overview (you can manage to play against a mob where you just see a low poly foot, but it's not fun) and also about beauty. The first image shows how much of the scenery you see at the higher viewpoint and how little at the lower camera. For tanks and melees it is also about awareness and fun. Playing in a polygonal chaos isn't fun.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    The things you people find to complain about. Someone on the forums actually said they were "physically unable to play the game now." Really? Physically unable? Even if you try to use Epilepsy as an excuse, only something like 3-4% of elpileptic people have photsensitivity. Sure it was nice in some areas to zoom way out, I did occasionally, but this is in no way game breaking. The screenshots I have seen are really not that bad. People HATE change and when it comes to Blizzard changing something, people lose their minds. You will get used to it. Why can people not just play a freaking game because it is fun, why does it have to be made and playable EXACTLY like YOU want it to be. People already saying they won't play the game if they can't zoom the camera out...wow, everything there is to do in the game and people threaten to stop playing because of camera distance. Some of you people are unbeliveable.

Because this unnecessary change limits available information that raiders need in order to progress.
    The ONLY way the extra distance had any form of advantage over another is PVP. So yet again PVE players suffer because of PVP.

Oh, let's not forget those who suffer more than anybody: Those people who legitimately suffer headaches from visual effects happening too close. Medical issues like that are only going to drive off players who CANNOT adapt to this change.

This very much IS a gamebreaker for many folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they fucking retarded or what? Holy jeez.

And between the people argueing that things are easier.. they are not. It's just fucking retarded because it'll force you into an extra handling.. IF you can react to whatever mechanics or ability gets thrown to you at all in the first place. You can die from things you would otherwise not die to, and not because its harder, but because it becomes impossible.

Thats retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Every fucking addon should be disabled according to this logic.
    Amen.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2016-06-25 at 11:51 PM.