Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It America divides again (It won't) it will not be along state lines or even regional lines. The cultural and political divide is between the cities and the countryside. Rural Texans have more in common with rural North Country New Yorkers than either have with NYC or Austin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Not that it will ever happen, but...

Any chance they could take Florida with them?
    I'd second and third this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    So as a person who actually lives in Texas, yeah no I rather not have some "nationalist " rich white jackass screw over not only this state I love but the country I also love cause they think they'll be great. Texas has a lot of problems just like with every other state, but there is no reason for them or other state to leave. This isn't am immigrat issue since Texas is literally one of the main states that boarders Mexico,
    So unless they want to start a war, no don't do it, don't let the history high get to your head Texans or other states, that is the U.K history, not ours so stop it there.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a variety of legal issues surrounding the...

(checks Eagles-Cowboys record from last few seasons)

Do they need help packing their bags?

Separation is no big deal. Quebec tried to leave Canada many times until they turned to the Constitution and it said No way in hell!

- - - Updated - - -

resident Tab Pigg told the station, saying the East and West Coasts "run everything."

"No one knows we're even here," Pigg continued.
    Sounds like a whiny middle child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    No way can any state in the United States leave.

But honestly who gives a fuck. I would actually love for them to leave and see what happens when they're gone.
    The US would seize the oil and perhaps blockade the guilf out of spite. Probably place a trade embargo on Texas too.

Texas would experience a massive brain drain as many tech/medical/research firms pack up.

Illegal immigrants would flock to Texas to fill that advantage of Texan migration to the US and Texas not having the manpower to secure its southern border without federal backing. The Cartels would also take seize the opportunity to establish footholds within Texas.

Texas becomes a failed state. North Korea invades and the US is forced to glass the entire state.

The End.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I think it's bad idea to allow anything like that to happen. No need to get balkanized.
    but what about democracy and self-determination of peoples?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    but what about democracy and self-determination of peoples?
    People will ban water if they thought it was a good thing.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax

pfft...One hurricane will shut Texas up.

I'm ok with this if they take Florida with them.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    let texas become their own country then , america doesnt have to deal with crazy people from the south

Quote Originally Posted by chrykoolaid View Post
    let texas become their own country then , america doesnt have to deal with crazy people from the south
    If you think TEXAS is the source of the crazy people from the south.. whooo boy, never go anywhere to the east of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Texas can't become its own country and US will never let it combine with Mexico.

Plus I'm sure Native Americans would be fucking pissed anyway. Not only would Texas have to pay off the US government, but they'd have to pay off restitution to Native Americans as well.

Also what Shadowferal said. Texas can't handle rain or floods worth shit.

If Texas doesn't like being part of America, they can pack up and all move out to Mexico and see how they like it. I'm sure there's plenty of legal American citizens/farmers who wouldn't mind some land to call their own, even if it is used-up Texas.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    If you think TEXAS is the source of the crazy people from the south.. whooo boy, never go anywhere to the east of it.
    texas by far is the most racist state in the us

Have you been to every state?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Not by a wide margin. Try the south-east states.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    The United states constitution allows for secession by majority vote.
    No it doesn't. There is neither currently nor has there ever been a constitutionally permissible way for a state to secede from the Federal union.

A few years with Trump or Hillary as president and people are going to be moving to Texas and BEGGING for secession.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Source

From Brexit to Texit? Renewed calls for Texas secession after EU vote

Now, obviously this is not quite the same thing as the UK leaving the EU. There currently is no lawful method for a state to just decide to secede from the union... but Texas has previously played with this idea in recent years. What do you think of Texans that want to their state to break away from the United States?
    The States are sovereign entities within the Union, so if they choose, they're free to secede at any point, and the ruling within the Texas v. White case is just nonsensical BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Wont happen. The secessionists are the loud minority. and by minority I mean, like maybe 2% of the state. The vast majority know it would be economic suicide. Also, AUstin has gone on recrod saying they plan to secede form Texas if Texas secedes.

AUstin will build a bridge to the US, and make Texas pay for it
    Texas has one of the largest economies on the planet, and if the United States did balkanize, the southern portions would rank within the Top 10 globally for economies.

- - - Updated - - -

As it relates to this argument, legality and illegality are irrelevant to the discussion.

Isnt states bond by the constitution or amendments or something from seceding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.