Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I would be fine with it if Blizzard stopping being so anal about mob scaling and just toned it all down to normal humanoid levels. I mean archimonde is not actually that large. he is the size of every other draenei, maybe a bit taller or whatever. It's retarded when we're forced to zoom out to fight a mob the size of a skyscraper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never played with my camera further than the default UI allows by default and I've been playing for over 7 years.

I've a hard time to grasp why it's such a bad thing.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I used it for screenshots but also on some raid bosses who had awfully big AoE that required to unzoom at maximum to see everything correctly (like Durumu...)
    I wasn't hyped for Legion (I play BM hunt since Vanilla and they ruined it...), I'm even less hyped now...

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    If this is engine-related: Fine. Enjoyed it while it lasted.

If this is trying to force players to adhere to the same restrictions: Better disable any mod that gives other players an advantage and make them all UI-only.

Seriously fucking tired of players demanding you install mods or download third-party shit anyway.
    This is exactly what they should do. If they want an even playing field disable all third-party addons because that gives other players advantage way more then in-game visuals themselves. Blizz is failing hard.

I took advantage of it in the past but I won't lose any sleep over this though. Always felt like cheating since my perspective became brid eye instead of character eye. Sure it was nice having that advantage but if losing it does that much damage I likely am not as good as I think I am.

I wouldn't be surprised if they announce they're removing 3rd person camera and will be teaming up with Facebook to make it Rift exclusive.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garbage change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    I would be fine with it if Blizzard stopping being so anal about mob scaling and just toned it all down to normal humanoid levels. I mean archimonde is not actually that large. he is the size of every other draenei, maybe a bit taller or whatever. It's retarded when we're forced to zoom out to fight a mob the size of a skyscraper.
    Archimonde is that large. He is considerably taller than other draenei, and has been since we saw him in Warcraft 3. The issue is that, because he is humanoid, his model stretches up instead of across. So you only end up seeing his ass + legs as a melee, instead of his whole model. Some other huge models, like the Iron Juggernaut, fit on the screen because their models stretch horizontally.

This is a case of them making their bed and now they must lie in it. Most of the shit the Legion has to throw at us are very tall humanoids, so I'd be expecting a lot of demon ass this expansion.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That excuse is ridiculous. If blizz felt that it was giving an unfair advantage to have "hidden" settings why not just let us slide out farther with out console commands. More likely it is a side effect from their screwing around with max view distances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldriss View Post
    within 2 weeks of the change no one will even notice it anymore so whats the point in getting so mad
    As a tank, I noticed it every day back when you couldn't zoom the camera out as far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reasons change is stupid:

- Same argument could be applied for monitors with a range over 16:9
    - Slider could be adjusted instead
    - Melee/Tanks and Raidleaders get shat on
    - You see less of the world while they just massively increased the drawing distance
    - Poll says 75% of people were using it. Lets take an option THAT popular away from players. kk.

I mean, there's probably more. But if this isn't enough to tell you this change is the dumbest idea in the history of blizzard since the realid names on forums.. I am genuinely sorry for your loss.

I don't usually rage on forums cause there's really no point in it. This truly annoys me.

Just make the default option further away, don't take away options. Playing a Tauren or NE - something with a larger body model - makes a significant difference in what you see and how quickly you react in a raid environment. Any environment, honestly. And god forbid you be melee.

I main a Blood Elf priest. It won't affect me as badly as my Tauren Warrior bf, but I can promise blizz I will still notice a difference and it will be a negative one.

Wait.... why blizzard?... I just can't understand these guys anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Reasons change is stupid:

- Same argument could be applied for monitors with a range over 16:9
    - Slider could be adjusted instead
    - Melee/Tanks and Raidleaders get shat on
    - You see less of the world while they just massively increased the drawing distance
    - Poll says 75% of people were using it. Lets take an option THAT popular away from players. kk.

I mean, there's probably more. But if this isn't enough to tell you this change is the dumbest idea in the history of blizzard since the realid names on forums.. I am genuinely sorry for your loss.
    Also lets ban eyefinity and 4 k monitors cause they give advantage over ppl that cant afford it. Next stop play wow as overwatch.

Sad face.
    Indeed, I use the max zoom out as a tactical advance. I start use it back in MOP in the Mogu 1st raid.
    Sad face. But the game continues.

Deleted
    To all the players that have been "playing this for 5+years and never had to use it, why are u crying?". Just imagine if they took w/e cameradistance u're used to and cut that distance in half and then see how much u would enjoy the game...

Deleted
    zzz yet another punishment for legit players because of hackers

I do not agree with this change at all or the reasons given. I don't play zoomed as far as I can, but definitely further than max allowed by slider. I am constantly zooming in and out depending on the situation (I play melee). This irks me quite a bit.

Deleted
    Whoever had this idea please simply jump infront of the next car you see - thanks from everyone.

LOL one of the highest rated comments in the thread is someone telling watcher to go fuck himself. That sums that up.