Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post

- - - Updated - - -

TL;DR
    They are significantly reducing the in game camera max zoom out.
    And prohibiting addons or console commands from increasing it. So, for example, during the Archimonde encounter, you will be able to see very little of what you need to be able to see to perform the encounter. I really wonder if anyone raiding Archimonde at any level is not using the max camera distance /cvar. Or Mannoroth, or Iron Reaver, or, etc, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    To answer my own question, now that I can get on the ptr...yes, your own Inspiring Presence does heal you.

On an unrelated note, testing prot warrior is painful with the new rage mechanic. Obviously too late for them to change it, but generating rage by taking damage is so very bad.
    Yeah, it is, and it's very odd. Can anyone in the beta confirm that it's healing you at 110? Previous reports had been that it was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardyface View Post
    Yeah, it is, and it's very odd. Can anyone in the beta confirm that it's healing you at 110? Previous reports had been that it was not.
    I'll check in a bit, lemme log in a see.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardyface View Post
    And prohibiting addons or console commands from increasing it. So, for example, during the Archimonde encounter, you will be able to see very little of what you need to be able to see to perform the encounter. I really wonder if anyone raiding Archimonde at any level is not using the max camera distance /cvar. Or Mannoroth, or Iron Reaver, or, etc, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Confirmed, looks like it does now.

"Your IP heals you for 2.7k"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yse View Post

2.7k? Doesn't it depend on your DPS?

2.7k? Doesn't it depend on your DPS?
    It is as it says - 3% dmg. That 2.7 was one of random heals on random mob in Suramar.

Regardless, it's actually working. Questing in Suramar and it's healing me.

- - - Updated - - -

It is as it says - 3% dmg. That 2.7 was one of random heals on random mob in Suramar.
    And it's 3% of damage they deal. My bodyguard was getting healed by it when she's procced.

Don't worry, they'll take it away next build.

Deleted
    Okay. Now, does that heal increase with Versatility? : )

I'd say no, but you never know.

I don't see why it wouldn't. It's a heal that we do, counts for us, so there's no reason it shouldn't. I'll try it later.

Nice. That's something, at least. Will be the go to for solo play unless you're trying to bring down something big with no adds.

It also feels like I'm getting more rage. I could be imagining it. I'm not seeing more rage from abilities in the combat log, and it still seems to be the same 1 rage per 2% health lost. Anyone else feel the same way? Could they have tweaked the formula?

Question is - if that's intended why tooltip was not updated. If that's not intended - why it was changed? I would love to have it, even that silly few %.

Question is - if that's intended why tooltip was not updated. If that's not intended - why it was changed? I would love to have it, even that silly few %.
    I never worry too much about the tooltips. Blizz is laughably bad about updating them. The tooltip for Scales of Earth hasn't been updated for like 10 builds now. It still says it's a chance on critical block of activating, but, unless they've changed it recently, it activates on every critical block.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    I don't see why it wouldn't. It's a heal that we do, counts for us, so there's no reason it shouldn't. I'll try it later.
    Mainly due to the leeching source of the heal. It's passive, not a cast nor a HoT, and the result of your DPS.
    Not sure how that sort of regeneration is classed. i.g: Enraged Regeneration does not benefit from Versatility for example. See what I mean?

It most likely won't affect the healing directly, as it is already affecting it indirectly. Vers will increase the damage you do, and doing more damage means you get more healing. It shouldn't also affect the healing after that, because that would be double dipping, and Blizzard tries to avoid that.

So the heal should always be 3% of whatever the hit was. If it's higher due to vers, it's probably a bug.

To answer my own question, now that I can get on the ptr...yes, your own Inspiring Presence does heal you.

On an unrelated note, testing prot warrior is painful with the new rage mechanic. Obviously too late for them to change it, but generating rage by taking damage is so very bad.
    Actually generating rage through taking damage ain't bad at all. It means we're now able to generate rage & use abilities outside of having to hit our target when taking dmg from external sources. One example is Mythic Archimonde, having to move when tanking the Deathcaller can sometimes be a lil frustrating at times, this just adds a lil extra survivability when moving around at range.
    Last edited by maverick1625; 2016-06-26 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick1625 View Post
    Actually generating rage through taking damage ain't bad at all. It means we're now able to generate rage & use abilities outside of having to hit our target when taking dmg from external sources. One example is Mythic Archimonde, having to move when tanking the Deathcaller can sometimes be a lil frustrating at times, this just adds a lil extra survivability when moving around at range.
    Ok, but what about like..off-tanking? Unless you're the main guy taking the damage you're going to be gimped in what you can do. Although, when I think about it your rage-spending abilities are to mitigate damage, so if you're not taking damage you don't need them. So I guess I answered my own concern.

Ok, but what about like..off-tanking? Unless you're the main guy taking the damage you're going to be gimped in what you can do. Although, when I think about it your rage-spending abilities are to mitigate damage, so if you're not taking damage you don't need them. So I guess I answered my own concern.
    What about off tanking? Are you talking about rage gen to do more damage or use your defensive abilities? If you're talking about damage, I think you need to read into the new talents & artifact talents properly to understand the new play style. I've stated in an earlier post, that even though it might look like we play similiar to live, we don't, as is the same for every other tank class. Certain talents will synergies with certain Artifact talents, & this will effect your build. An example being the Artifact talent "Shattered Bones." This directly synergies with the Ultimatum talent, with when coupled with the Vengeance talent will push more damage through Focused Rage, also allowing us to use Ignore Pain if needed for defense, both with reduced rage costs when you manage the procs. As frustrating as it might seem to game these talents with a procs & abilities, it works.
    Last edited by maverick1625; 2016-06-26 at 08:27 AM.

I've posted on here a few times about it, but I've been testing inspiring presence, on the ptr, a ton. Right now it does heal you for your own damage. The healing % is also increased by versatility, but it's not additive, so 3% vers (which is base) makes your Inspiring Presence heal for 3.09% of damage done. The healing done counts as your own healing so you gain leech heals from Inspiring Presence. I've also seen the Inspiring Presence buff stack, didn't get a chance to see if the healing actually stacks or not. Again this is ptr.

Also been using the pvp 4set on the ptr for mythic dungeons, sadly can't be used in raid but the rage gain is massive. I can actually stand in fire to gain huge chunks of rage. Not to mention i can tank a dummy with my back facing it for like 30 stacks for the lols.

Deleted
    Euhh... okay. Regarding Ignore Pain stacking on PTR (same on beta?):

With Never Surrender the cap is x 6 base IP (100% HP) ... so x 3 fully boosted IP (0% HP). Never Surrender's boost affects how fast I fill it, but cap is static regardless of %HP.
    With Indomitable the cap is x 3 boosted IP.
    With neither the cap is x 3 base IP.
    In all cases the cap shifts with mastery/AP procs.

This intended or bug?
    Last edited by mmoc61098086ac; 2016-06-27 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salix View Post
    Euhh... okay. Regarding Ignore Pain stacking on PTR (same on beta?):

With Never Surrender the cap is x 6 base IP (100% HP) ... so x 3 fully boosted IP (0% HP). Never Surrender's boost affects how fast I fill it, but cap is static regardless of %HP.
    With Indomitable the cap is x 3 boosted IP.
    With neither the cap is x 3 base IP.
    In all cases the cap shifts with mastery/AP procs.

This intended or bug?
    Unless they changed something in a recent build (which I'm pretty sure they didn't), Ignore Pain's cap is simply 2x its value on cast.