Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Everyone should voice their hatred for this on the post that has a blue post on it. Otherwise they're just going to make the argument about people hating it on a 3rd party site is only a portion of their playerbase. Quick reference to the thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745744692

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    I literally just said that I play a melee in mythic, are you stupid?
    yea but u used addons which didnt matter much what distance u have from boss and the surroundings, so lets move addons all together cause they give advantage.

I zoom out relative to what I am doing. They make these raid bosses gigantic and I'd like to be able to see them and not their toe nails. Boss abilities should be happening miles away if you don't want people to have larger areas of view. If I'm in a claustrophobic area like Grim Rail, ill zoom it back in (I greatly despise that instance as an elemental shaman. No, i don't want my earthquake on the ceiling.) Im also no sure how it "provides an objective advantage" when anyone can use the console command. Either people know and don't use it or they don't know at all and can easily ask or look it up. They make their game large and pleasant to look and and then constrict our ability to look at it on a grander scale.

Look you guys are mad because when killing iron fel reaver you now have to turn around and look to see if there is any bombs behind you. REALLY? so you are mad because you have to turn around now so you can see the debris that's falling on Mythic blackhand ?? come on guys. The only reason to keep it the old way is so lazy players can see the whole raid room all at once. so yes this is dumb for both pvp and pve you shouldn't be able to see the whole bg map or the whole raid room. AND stop comparing this to addon's having WA tell you about your buffs isn't the same as seeing the whole raid room and not having to turn around to see whats happening and where. All blizzard had to say is you should have to look around in a raid fight sitting half afk in a mythic fight isnt what our goal for raids was. oh and im 13/13m and i watch simpsons while we raid manny and archy each week you dont need to see how many clouds are above manny. But if you like your guy only being the size of a ant on your screen because you play a cow im sorry they are taking this from you they are ugly to look at.

Thing is, in recent memory, the default UI controls max zoom out is barely usable to full extent since most boss rooms walls and ceiling block the zoom.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been hotfixed back to normal on the beta.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    yea but u used addons which didnt matter much what distance u have from boss and the surroundings, so lets move addons all together cause they give advantage.
    The addons I use have literally nothing to do with the camera distance, there is not a single boss in HFC or any other raid where you need extra camera zoom to see everything you need to see.

If you need this to be able to play then you are shit at the game and should probably go play minesweeper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    By far the most idiotic and stupid decision ever made. And his arguement.......... i have no words. If they want to kill of raiding and raiders in general and make wow into facebook game they are doing a great job. Now ill wait the thread with 1000 pages and complains about ppl having headaches and illness by the 4k graphics of wow (sarcasm off)especially if u are tank or melee.
    Your comment makes me facepalm. The maximum camera distance the default UI allows (by setting the slider to far) is absolutely plenty for raiding. Without using a single console command I can zoom out until my character looks tiny in the distance. Stop blowing things way out of proportion as you seek things to rant about.

This effects everyone, but especially hurts melee and tanks. This change is absurd and their reasoning is even dumber.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Your comment makes me facepalm. The maximum camera distance the default UI allows (by setting the slider to far) is absolutely plenty for raiding. Without using a single console command I can zoom out until my character looks tiny in the distance. Stop blowing things way out of proportion as you seek things to rant about.
    You must play ranged, for melee and tanks is it enough....sure...doesn't mean it's not garbage though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only be happy for this change I guess. In my 11 years of WoW, I never knew this was a thing. I'm a pretty good raider as it is, but I can't imagine how easy it would be with super far zoom out. It looks unfair tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderi View Post
    It's to make the game more immersive and to give stuff size again. This goes along to help make the action cam better for those who will use it. They have made this great expansive game and for people to be zoomed out to the point where there character is a mere pixel on the screen seems a bit dumb, doesn't it?
    Ironically the increased size and scaling of bosses are exactly why this is used by a ton of players. No one wants to sit and stare at a raid boss' feet all the time.
    Signature and Avatar made by Visenna
    Twitter:@Hakagan_ | Enhancement Blog: AstralShift.wordpress.com

I dislike this change, though I only use the console command distance during raids, and I just did LFR on the Beta last night without remembering to increase my camera distance and I fared just fine.

I'd probably prefer they just increased the UI-allowed distance to match the console command-allowed distance, rather than trimming anything above the UI-allowed limit, though. WoW's got a great world and seeing more of it is never a bad thing. Also I'm just getting a new computer built to provide better graphics than I currently have so I'm a little disappointed in that sense, too...

Deleted
    #BlizzShitstorm2016 nr. 2016 incoming..... these guys never lern....

I'm usually very critical of Blizzard, but this doesn't bother me at all, even if i used the command to increase the zoom out before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Senftw View Post
    Why didn't they just increase the distance available on the slider if they wanted parity?
    Try reading the blue post next time?

Deleted
    Damn, look at all these top 10 guild raid leaders in this thread.

Let's get real here. You're gonna foam at the mouth tonight, but once it's live you'll forget within a week.

All the things that are still broken in beta - the "World Server Down" errors, the way it doesn't close properly, how my warrior just went from Skyhold to Dalaran, missed Krasus' Landing entirely, and got dumped in a random part of Dalaran, and died - and THIS is what they spend their time and resources changing.

Next time I have a broken shoelace, I'm going to paint my front door orange. Because of all the problems having a broken shoelace causes, according to Blizzard, I should make something so ridiculously unimportant and something that isn't even a problem at all my priority.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Deleted
    As a tank and a raidleader i strongly disagree with this change. I do not agree with their reasoning and dont see why in pve content the choice of seeing more or less is bad. The information i need from seeing "more" will be now replaced with an addon and i can see even less with that cluttering the screen. While addons like dbm telling you exactly where to stand are about, i do not see how this is the thing giving more of an adventage and hence forcing people to zoom out and not see pretty things.

lol such a horrible and needless change. if anything they should have done away with the slider entirely and just made the max zoom baseline. gotta love the reasoning, which is basically we don't like it and don't really care what the players want.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    It's been hotfixed back to normal on the beta.
    Either it hasn't, or they re-hotfixed it to the new "improved" state again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Blegh, I actually only discovered about this ability about 5 months ago. I always wished I could zoom out further. This was a wish come true.

Now I'm not sure I can go back. This has been great for me as a roleplay guild event leader. The increased oversight helps me set up everything a lot better. I don't spend all my time zoomed out, of course. But it's very helpful and neat to have the ability.