Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    2.6 million is not impressive considering the 16 million who voted remain.
    It is impressive for an online petition whether you like it or not.

I don't agree with it and it won't happen, those are separate issues.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    It is impressive for an online petition whether you like it or not.

I don't agree with it and it won't happen, those are separate issues.
    Are you kidding, being online makes it less impressive.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    2.6 million fascists and counting

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    We can't negotiate anything until we formally say we're leaving.
    With the EU sure, who cares about a stagnating continent that leeched 500million euro a week when the rest of the dynamic globe awaits for free. The UK can take as looooonnnnnnnng or short a time as it likes with the EU if in its interest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    I'm sure the UK will notify when it chooses. The Commission has been very clear that the UK remains a member with all benefits and obligations that holds until the day it is out. But the only reasons for the UK delaying, unless they changed their minds about leaving, would be to negotiate the terms of departure before notifying. That's not going to happen. The rules are the rules, they are clear and they exist for a reason. If the negotiations were supposed to be indefinite the EU countries would not have made the rules in the treaties out to be "2 years of negotiations and then exit", they would have made the rules "negotiations and then exit". So, per the rules, the negotiations will begin once the UK triggers Article 50. So there is zero reason to not do it if you are to leave. Sure if you are to restructure your government before, that is a reason. But after that, no reason to "delay it for years".
    I like to look at the bigger picture when it comes to this situation and the reason why the eu want uk to rush is because they have laws in the pipe line for closer unity what some say will affect future referendums. But this is the killer for the eu the french elections are coming up and the french anti eu national front party is set to win according to current polls and with the labour laws that current govement have forcied onto the french workers it looks set for them to win easy. So germany then looses its strongest supports and the uk gains an big ally helpings negotiations to be more favourable. David camerons resigning is not just him holding his hands up in defeat his buying the much needed time to get us closer to those french election.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    2.6 million fascists and counting
    You really are dumb.

Deleted
    How many of them are eu workers aswell who never got a vote in the ref i wonder

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why does the 2.6m petition matter? Obviously all of those voted to remain, which is fine. But a result is a result. I didn't vote either way, as I honestly have ZERO time for ANYTHING politically motiviated as its a complete and utter waste of time, just my opinion.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    You really are dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Why does the 2.6m petition matter? Obviously all of those voted to remain, which is fine. But a result is a result. I didn't vote either way, as I honestly have ZERO time for ANYTHING politically motiviated as its a complete and utter waste of time, just my opinion.
    But the people who voted remain were right. So a new referendum makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    While true the problem is right now most of the stuff the remain camp said was going to happen, well it's happening. At the same time the exit camp have already backtracked on nearly all the stuff they have been saying.

Now not saying there should be a revote, but I can understand their issues.

It's huge for online standards man especially concerning how fast they got so many.

Deleted
    the only reason why i voted to leave the EU was so we didnt the TTIP forced on us

Sounds like no one on this message board supports "leave".

Then who voted "leave"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heresy View Post
    The numbers are being manipulated though. There are auto-signature scripts going around.
    It takes your name, postcode and a verification email to sign it. They have access to the electoral roll so they can tell if someone is just making up bullshit. It's not completely bombproof but it isn't as if huge amount of spurious voters could be added to it by one person from one location. If a multiple signatures did somehow appear from one ip address then they would look deeper especially if all those names were only ones from the public roll.

Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    https://twitter.com/STVColin/status/746137808818020353

Quote Originally Posted by trilesch View Post
    the only reason why i voted to leave the EU was so we didnt the TTIP forced on us
    Hey guess what, we could have vetoed it and France was most likely to anyway.

Anyway recent poll done in Scotland (24th-25th) puts Independence supporters at 59% when including undecideds. Removing them it's 65% in favour of Independence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Anyway recent poll done in Scotland (24th-25th) puts Independence supporters at 59% when including undecideds. Removing them it's 65% in favour of Independence.
    Scotland and its huge agriculture got most out EU to a point where subventions were their only way to keep it up.

A Labour activist is chastising Jeremy Corbyn for not doing enough to get the traditional white working class out to vote by saying his 'Polish' friends are in tears because of this.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-...endum-36629976

Whether you like it or not Immigration was central to this poll and it was to nearly all of my family who voted and to see this brain dead activist blame Corbyn for not trying to convince his traditional white working class voters to come out and vote in favour for the very thing they wanted against IE cheap labour from eastern Europe just shows how out of touch these activists are. I swear most of them live in a some sort of middle class bubble!

Bottom line is the white working class voted overwhelmingly for brexit including my City of Birmingham which is prolly the most multicultural city in England. Alot of my Asian friends voted for brexit so its not racism its just common sense that we just dont want any more cheap labour coming to Britain and thats just a fact of life!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trilesch View Post
    Isn't this like discovering you have a gangrenous leg, asking for a saw, and removing the wrong limb?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    With the EU sure, who cares about a stagnating continent that leeched 500million euro a week when the rest of the dynamic globe awaits for free. The UK can take as looooonnnnnnnng or short a time as it likes with the EU if in its interest.
    You do realise that we're still part of that 'stagnating continent'? We've not floated off into the Atlantic.