Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    In my opinion gladiator stance was a very fun addition to prot warriors and it was awesome that it gave them the chance for prot to partake in pvp without being a pain in the a$$ to fight against. Which brings me to this, why don't all tanks get a similar treatment?
    Truthfully, I wouldn't mind just having a transmog option that made my pally look like he was wearing a sword/shield even if he was wearing a 2 hander.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's been popular enough to be honest, I'd be more surprised to see it expanded than removed.

The spec was created for tanks to DPS with a shield that is all.

Most tanks don't need it. DK and Monk almost to the damage of a DPS in tanking spec. I get the feeling that DH will be simular. Pally and druid not so much but those classes can also play all 3 of the holy trinity. So that's an advantage the others don't have. End of the day I think it's OK as it is now.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I miss Blood dps.
    Same. DK hasn't been fun since they took that away. Even though it wasn't the highest DPS spec, it was was the one that I found the most entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Same. DK hasn't been fun since they took that away. Even though it wasn't the highest DPS spec, it was was the one that I found the most entertaining.
    Actually Blood was the highest ST dps at certain points of Wrath w/ armor pen. TOC comes to mind.

I do hope Gladiator Stance becomes baseline in Legion, or at the very least a minor glyph to replace Battle Stance... It's an awesome spec, especially in comparison to Arms/Fury from a design point of view.. The main reason it is not super competitive/desired is down to balancing and minor design choices.

As for other classes, well Blood/Frost/Unholy were originally all Tank and DPS specs. Bears already had that treatment when they split Feral into Guardian/Feral... I don't think the idea really fits for Prot Paladins and Monks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Actually Blood was the highest ST dps at certain points of Wrath w/ armor pen. TOC comes to mind.
    In ICC too, Blood DK with ARP build was really strong and for me the most fun to play.. Though not that popular by the end, our DK's were Frost/Unholy at least.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Bad idea as Glad stance was a bad idea.
    I mean what is the point of turning a TANK into DAMAGE DEALER?
    SnB idea is... ok! But as for Glad Stance it should have been an Arms option (fits class/spec fantasy very well) to equip a shield and do competitive damage and not prots.
    Question is... should it be done (if it would meant to be... somehow) monk/fury way ie you can equip whatever weapon type and it would have at best visual change, or should it alter your skills/spec feeling a bit, i mean there should be a reason to use shield for instance: increased survival at the cost of damage.

Reality is before SnB ever existed Ferals have had this playstyle and blizzard didn't like it. I was personally very sad when they split feral into cat/bear as it just doesnt feel right in any way but is dictated by both PvP and PvE balance.

DKs, i liked blood dps, feelt like an "melee-directdamage" verion of aff locks to me, ie insance self healing while dealing damage type of gameplay. Dont see it much different from a Frost dk today with bit different colored spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Except Blood was almost never used as the tank spec. Most people played frost or a frost/unholy hybrid for tanking. Blood was the dps spec in Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    They took one of the ideas of Gladiator stance (DPSing in a tank spec), and gave it to Druids as a required talent line in their "affinities". So, if you're a bear that wants to cat, you pick Feral Affinity, or you can lazer chicken as Balance affinity.

What I believe a lot of people miss about Gladiator stance, which is DPSing with sword and board, has gone away as a result of artifacts reeling in weapon style choices in Legion.
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Except Blood was almost never used as the tank spec. Most people played frost or a frost/unholy hybrid for tanking. Blood was the dps spec in Wrath.
    Weird, most people I knew tanked as blood during wotlk (including myself).

The necro is real!

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I miss Blood dps.
    I miss the first incarnation of the dK when you could tank or dps with all the specs (if I remember correctly).

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Weird, most people I knew tanked as blood during wotlk (including myself).
    In wrath they had this odd idea that all three DK specs would, in theory, both be able to DPS AND tank, though likely with different talent builds. I didn't play DK so I'm not sure how effective this approach was. Given that in Cata (or was it MoP? I think it was Cata) they scrapped it and went with blood tank and the other two pure dps, I"m guessing the answer is 'not well.'

I was a bit surprise, I would have expected frost to be the tank spec, but maybe I just associate frost with defense because of mage.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Bad idea as Glad stance was a bad idea.
    I mean what is the point of turning a TANK into DAMAGE DEALER?
    SnB idea is... ok! But as for Glad Stance it should have been an Arms option (fits class/spec fantasy very well) to equip a shield and do competitive damage and not prots.
    Question is... should it be done (if it would meant to be... somehow) monk/fury way ie you can equip whatever weapon type and it would have at best visual change, or should it alter your skills/spec feeling a bit, i mean there should be a reason to use shield for instance: increased survival at the cost of damage.

Reality is before SnB ever existed Ferals have had this playstyle and blizzard didn't like it. I was personally very sad when they split feral into cat/bear as it just doesnt feel right in any way but is dictated by both PvP and PvE balance.

DKs, i liked blood dps, feelt like an "melee-directdamage" verion of aff locks to me, ie insance self healing while dealing damage type of gameplay. Dont see it much different from a Frost dk today with bit different colored spells.
    I don't think the idea was to change the tank into a dps. The idea was to allow someone with a shield to be able to dps. I support the idea, bashing someone with a shield is an effective attack, especially if the shield has spikes....

No need for it now. Tanks do about 80 percent of the damage of an equally skilled and geared DPS. Even more onAOE.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I'd rather a shammy tank spec first. Like nature intended.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Funny how you have no idea the context of what you quoted. Probably because this shit was necro'd like a motherfucker. Why don't you go back and read the person I was responding to. It was in regards to dps.

Furthermore, Unholy was hands the down the best tank spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I don't think the idea was to change the tank into a dps. The idea was to allow someone with a shield to be able to dps. I support the idea, bashing someone with a shield is an effective attack, especially if the shield has spikes....
    thats why i said it would be much better idea to give snb gameplay to arms which it fits thematically and well.... thats a dps spec allready

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    thats why i said it would be much better idea to give snb gameplay to arms which it fits thematically and well.... thats a dps spec allready
    I like that idea. It seems to me, over the years, Blizzard has struggled to "flesh out" both war dps specs. Giving arms a shield would solve that problem and would match with the idea that an arms warrior is a skilled tactician.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I'd rather a shammy tank spec first. Like nature intended.
    Yeah, I have been waiting for it as well. Seems like it will never happen. Legion, with the re-imagining of classes would seem like the perfect place to do it, too.