Quote Originally Posted by Madeupname999 View Post
    A Labour activist is chastising Jeremy Corbyn for not doing enough to get the traditional white working class out to vote by saying his 'Polish' friends are in tears because of this.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-...endum-36629976

Whether you like it or not Immigration was central to this poll and it was to nearly all of my family who voted and to see this brain dead activist blame Corbyn for not trying to convince his traditional white working class voters to come out and vote in favour for the very thing they wanted against IE cheap labour from eastern Europe just shows how out of touch these activists are. I swear most of them live in a some sort of middle class bubble!

Bottom line is the white working class voted overwhelmingly for brexit including my City of Birmingham which is prolly the most multicultural city in England. Alot of my Asian friends voted for brexit so its not racism its just common sense that we just dont want any more cheap labour coming to Britain and thats just a fact of life!
    If you can't compete with Poles. Stop crying, work better or get into a different field of expertise. People shouldn'[t be barred due to place they were born from.

Deleted
    Hey guess what, we could have vetoed it and France was most likely to anyway.
    No you cant under EU rules contries can not veto trade agrements

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If you can't compete with Poles. Stop crying, work better or get into a different field of expertise. People shouldn'[t be barred due to place they were born from.
    Tell that to all those who voted brexit!

Oh wait you did and they said nah we will just vote in the way that benefits us

thats the glory of democracy people will always vote for there own interest and quite rightly so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Apologize if this has already been covered in the previous 480 pages, but why is this a big deal? I mean US stock markets fell like 3% Friday, its worst day since 2011!

From what I can tell the withdrawal means:

1. Britain can now tighten its immigration restrictions.
    2. Potentially renegotiate trade agreements, my assumption is they won't because they're so tightly integrated already.
    3. Doesn't have to contribute to the EU anymore, which is basically a net wash because they get a fair amount back in benefits.

So really, the only impact is on immigration, and currently net immigration was only positive 300k last year (.5% of the population), and half of all immigrants already came from outside the EU, so even that impact seems small.

What am I missing?
    We HAVE to renegotiate the deals as the ones that apply to EEA/EU members cease to include us upon exit.

Quote Originally Posted by trilesch View Post
    No you cant under EU rules contries can not veto trade agrements
    http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/in-...s/index_en.htm

Decision - EU governments and MEPs decide
    After the text is legally revised and translated, we'll give it to:

governments of the EU's 28 Member States
    the European Parliament
    And then a final decision comes with a double democratic guarantee.

EU governments and MEPs will decide between them whether to back it - not the Commission.
    - - - Updated - - -

Tell that to all those who voted brexit!

Oh wait you did and they said nah we will just vote in the way that benefits us

thats the glory of democracy people will always vote for there own interest and quite rightly so
    Except it won't benefit you. Free movement of Labour won't be halted;
    https://twitter.com/SimonNRicketts/s...74762575929344
    https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/stat...15177650868224
    https://twitter.com/DanHannanMEP/sta...32399388303360
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2016-06-26 at 02:27 AM.

My Nan who didnt care if the Dow jones went down 500 points, she didnt care that Britain wont be as powerful on the world stage against Russia etc, she didnt care that nobody in Europe can freely travel to Britain now BUT what she did care was she can now see her doctor without having to wait weeks for an appointment so she voted out for her own self interest.

Now SHE WENT OUT AND VOTED BUT DID ALL OF YOU? Seeing all these millennials crying cause they lost the vote but they prolly didn't even bother to register makes me laugh so fucking much.

The old vote won this because the youth vote couldn't be fucking bothered to vote but now they are bitching oh the irony!
    Last edited by Madeupname999; 2016-06-26 at 02:26 AM.

Deleted
    Wish i could post the link to prove you cant but alass i have posted enough yet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I just mean I imagine they'll be substantially similar to the ones already in place.
    there's rather a lot of them and it won't come for free to be included or to draft new ones. It's not uncommon for individual deals to have taken 2-10 years to have been negotiated and refined. If we end up acting like the other EEA members then there will be a price for just being bundled in to the existing ones. This will likely cost what we were paying before and they could perhaps even extend extra criteria if they thought we now had to buy into that (e.g. Shengen area, for which we negotiated an exception while a full member). So really we will at best get no additional benefits, no savings, and no longer have any veto or voting rights. Potentially a bunch of lawyer types will make some money out of it. Kinda funny when the main basis of the protest vote that had nothing really to do with the EU is rooted in "anti-elite sentiment".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    GL with that

They are committing political suicide

Deleted
    My Nan who didnt care if the Dow jones went down 500 points, she didnt care that Britain wont be as powerful on the world stage against Russia etc, she didnt care that nobody in Europe can freely travel to Britain now BUT what she did care was she can now see her doctor without having to wait weeks for an appointment so she voted out for her own self interest.

Now SHE WENT OUT AND VOTED BUT DID ALL OF YOU? Seeing all these millennials crying cause they lost the vote but they prolly didn't even bother to register makes me laugh so fucking much.

The old vote won this because the youth vote couldn't be fucking bothered to vote but now they are bitching oh the irony!
    Your nan's meds, if not UK produced are now more expensive. The NHS budget is finite.

I'll let you work out the rest.

Millennial here, voted. The NHS won't be seeing improvements either;
    https://twitter.com/Davewwest/status/746214185692889088
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7099906.html

Quote Originally Posted by trilesch View Post
    Wish i could post the link to prove you cant but alass i have posted enough yet
    I just linked you the European Commission which says that the Council and Parliament both get a say in it. Here's the Council's powers;
    http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/council-eu/

4. Concludes international agreements
    The Council provides the mandate to the Commission to negotiate on behalf of the EU agreements between the EU and non-EU countries and international organisations. At the end of negotiations, the Council decides on the signature and conclusion of the agreement, based on a proposal from the Commission. The Council also adopts the final decision to conclude the agreement, once the Parliament has given its consent (required in areas subject to co-decision) and it has been ratified by all EU member states.
    It doesn't get any more authoritative than that.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2016-06-26 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Your nan's meds, if not UK produced are now more expensive. The NHS budget is finite.

I'll let you work out the rest.
    But she voted and the youngones didnt DONT YOU FUCKING GET IT?

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    democraty doesnt work 48% now needs to do what 52% wants only because of 2% ? srsly.....
    As opposed to the 52% doing what the 48% wants instead?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad leavers won. Remainers live in a fantasy world in every category except capitalism and arguably the internet.

Last edited by PC2; 2016-06-26 at 02:43 AM.

Deleted
    In addition, I note that the draft TTIP mandate does not mention criminal measures. Criminal measures were the reason that the EU member states had a veto on ACTA (Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement). With ACTA, the member states negotiated the criminal measures. After the negotiations, the Commission proposed ACTA as a mixed agreement to Council and Parliament. A mixed agreement has to be ratified by the EU and the member states. This gives the national parliaments a strong position.
    The draft TTIP / TAFTA mandate notes about the negotiations that the Commission will negotiate, in consultation with the member states in the appropriate committee of the Council. No role for the member states in the negotiations itself.

The consequence of this approach is that the Commission may, after the negotiations, exercise its competence, and make an EU only proposal for adoption by the Council (after consent by the Parliament). The Council shall decide with a qualified majority to ratify. No member states ratification is needed, no strong role for national parliaments.
    Basically, if the Commission negotiates some goodies for the German industry, and some goodies for some other big EU member states (having most votes in Council and Parliament), a majority for the proposed agreement is as good as certain, however bad it may be for the interests of smaller EU member states, for the public interest, democracy, access to medicine and human rights.

Basically, if the Commission negotiates some goodies for the German industry, and some goodies for some other big EU member states (having most votes in Council and Parliament), a majority for the proposed agreement is as good as certain, however bad it may be for the interests of smaller EU member states, for the public interest, democracy, access to medicine and human rights.
    The mandate is very broad. If the Council authorises the Commission to negotiate, the smaller member states will have lost their grip on the outcome. They may like to take a good look at the mandate.

this a post from a MEP
    Last edited by mmoc08f05f8b16; 2016-06-26 at 02:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daljo View Post
    As opposed to the 52% doing what the 48% wants instead?
    The major issue is that disproportionately the 48% are the ones who will be paying for it. And at increased cost for no positive change to anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    All these young people complaining about old people ruining the vote, will one day be old people ruining the votes themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    thats the cycle of life, but times changes.
    What does that even mean?

Yeah basically. And the fact they are calling for a redo , and the revication of old people's right t vote, is fucking pitiful. I can't wait till this generatin gets old and our kids start reversing all the fucked yo laws we start passing. It will be easy to do since the elderly won't be able to vote.

They'll save that one for last.