Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Yeah basically. And the fact they are calling for a redo , and the revication of old people's right t vote, is fucking pitiful. I can't wait till this generatin gets old and our kids start reversing all the fucked yo laws we start passing. It will be easy to do since the elderly won't be able to vote.

They'll save that one for last.
    Securing rights for the elderly is very important. They've always been a scapegoat for many people but everybody is going to grow old if they live long enough. It's quite frankly disgusting that so many of my fellow young adults have contempt for the older generation(s).

I blame the lack of a stable family unit - in Europe in particular the 'typical' family is held in great contempt. I never had one, personally (which I lament often) but what family I do have and get along with I admire and respect greatly.

Deleted
    For those that say "OMG 2 million votes!" - you might want to try out signing the thing from abroad, with a fake email address and a fake name. I was able to do it - so you can you.

It's easy as hell to bot it using services like guerrilla or other temporary disposable email provider - I'm thinking about setting a vote there to reinstitate having black slaves in the UK, maybe we can go up to 5 million in a few days.

Edit:
    As it turns out, you can use the same email address to sign it several times. *facepalm*
    Last edited by mmoce1e4d9dec7; 2016-06-26 at 04:25 AM.

Apparently there's a good chance that house prices may drop - which is being painted as a bad thing despite the vast majority of the population having been locked out of buying their own house for quite a while now. I doubt that they will drop immensely, either - but even falling a little should help ease the stress and burden of purchasing one. There's also been a housing shortage, too - with many young people still living with their parents as a result instead of getting out there and starting their own family.

Which, in turn, ties in with the low birth rates that are often cited as a 'valid' reason for immigration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Securing rights for the elderly is very important. They've always been a scapegoat for many people but everybody is going to grow old if they live long enough. It's quite frankly disgusting that so many of my fellow young adults have contempt for the older generation(s).
    Maybe if said older generation weren't a bunch of selfish leeches trying desperately to gain as much from public assistance while drawing the ladder up behind them.

I blame the lack of a stable family unit - in Europe in particular the 'typical' family is held in great contempt. I never had one, personally (which I lament often) but what family I do have and get along with I admire and respect greatly.
    Sounds like a crock of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    So why has it been listed as a reason to support immigration, then? Then again, given your blatantly ageist statements throughout this thread I fear it's not really worth engaging you further.

As mentioned, you'll be old too, someday. The opinions of all age brackets are equally valid. Especially when there's going to be a constant flow of old people. Not to mention as time has passed and living standards have improved in first world countries the life expectancy has increased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    For those that say "OMG 2 million votes!" - you might want to try out signing the thing from abroad, with a fake email address and a fake name. I was able to do it - so you can you.

It's easy as hell to bot it using services like guerrilla or other temporary disposable email provider - I'm thinking about setting a vote there to reinstitate having black slaves in the UK, maybe we can go up to 5 million in a few days.
    And yet, strangely enough, this has yet to happen.

Nor does it detract from the merit of the argument, that a decision of this importance should require at least a supermajority in favor of leaving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    So why has it been listed as a reason to support immigration, then? Then again, given your blatantly ageist statements throughout this thread I fear it's not really worth engaging you further.

As mentioned, you'll be old too, someday. The opinions of all age brackets are equally valid. Especially when there's going to be a constant flow of old people. Not to mention as time has passed and living standards have improved in first world countries the life expectancy has increased.
    Please do elaborate how being 'pro-family' and having to have a constantly increasing population to support a market economy are synonymous.

It's not 'old people' I'm concerned with; it's specifically the Baby Boomers and their anglophone equivalents.

Here’s What the Brexit Did to the World’s 400 Richest People

http://theantimedia.org/brexit-worlds-400-richest/

BREXIT: A Win For Liberty, But How Big?

Maybe if said older generation weren't a bunch of selfish leeches trying desperately to gain as much from public assistance while drawing the ladder up behind them.

Sounds like you have drunk your kool aid and asked for seconds. You act like young people are going out and buying houses and having families left and right and all is well. Like thre is no truth at all to the statement you quoted.

I don't expect you to b full on board with whatever conclusions people come up with. However, I do expect you to at least admit that the facts that sprouted those conclusions actually exist.

Fact: young people are still living with parents and find it hard to afford a joke and family.
    Fact; the government in the west want to Promote birth rates to keep a steady workforce.
    Fact: immigration is a solution for that birth rate problem, as well as helps drive down wages via competition.

Now; how you deal out that, whether you even see it as a problem, or what have you, that is on you. However, acting like it's just made up bullshit is ignorant as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Sounds like you have drunk your kool aid and asked for seconds. You act like young people are going out and buying houses and having families left and right and all is well.
    I don't, which is precisely why I argue vehemently for making this things significantly easier.

Nor are any of them actually related to membership in the EU.

Deleted
    I mean, it was the older generation that voted into the EU in the first place, only to find it has turned into something far different to what they were promised. Their experiences and views on the matter hold much more merit than a bunch of *insert dime a dozen degree here* students do.

Gets to a point that blaming evil old people becomes dull and a sign of much needed growing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PleaseHold View Post
    I mean, it was the older generation that voted into the EU in the first place, only to find it has turned into something far different to what they were promised.
    It really hasn't, from an educated standpoint - moreover, their present reasons for leaving aren't exactly informed either.

Their experiences and views on the matter hold much more merit than a bunch of *insert dime a dozen degree here* students do.
    Their 'experiences' mean jack shit, quite frankly.

Deleted
    It really hasn't, from an educated standpoint - moreover, their present reasons for leaving aren't exactly informed either.

Their 'experiences' mean jack shit, quite frankly.
    Care to elaborate more? Or has this honestly turned into "Old people are dumb because..."?

10+ Year Old Account
    Care to elaborate more? Or has this honestly turned into "Old people are dumb because..."?
    What they 'were promised' was significant socioeconomic benefits - which Britain has received in spades since it became a member of the EU. They chose to leave because of a much of ill-informed promises on the part of Farage and UKIP which they have already backtracked on since, as it turns out, the '350 million pounds' doesn't exist and immigration isn't going to change as a result of Brexit.

The reality is that the British seem to be incapable of electing a competent government and are blaming the EU as a scapegoat for their domestic ills. You see exactly the same sort of shit happen with US membership in the UN or NAFTA.

Deleted
    What you really mean to say is "I think people didn't vote what I wanted so it's null and void."

And then present with Internet facts about how people didn't know what they were voting for, how there's a massive "Brexit hangover" and how a vote that can be rigged by a few guys from 4chan shows how millions of people want a revote which would completely nullify having one in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

immigration isn't going to change as a result of Brexit.
    You're wrong on that though since EU cannot force UK to accept refugees if they leave the union.

Deleted
    I mean, it was the older generation that voted into the EU in the first place, only to find it has turned into something far different to what they were promised. Their experiences and views on the matter hold much more merit than a bunch of *insert dime a dozen degree here* students do.

Gets to a point that blaming evil old people becomes dull and a sign of much needed growing up.
    Blaming old people for losing, ever thought it's probably the other 29% for being too lazy to vote or try to understand what it was we were voting for?

10+ Year Old Account
    What you really mean to say "I think people didn't vote what I wanted so it's null and void."
    No, what I really mean to say is exactly the same thing I've being saying.

Referenda are a feel-good joke of political procedure, and the Brexit vote was nothing more than Cameron trying to score points but ending up shooting himself in the face. There is no 'moral right' to be had in the Brexit discussion existing in the first place.

And then present with Internet facts about how people didn't know what they were voting for, how there's a massive "Brexit hangover" and how a vote that can be rigged by a few guys from 4chan shows how millions of people want a revote which would completely nullify having one in the first place.
    Again, if there is such a clear popular mandate for Brexit then you should have no issue scraping together a supermajority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    Blaming old people for losing, ever thought it's probably the other 29% for being too lazy to vote or try to understand what it was we were voting for?
    Who says the 29% wasn't going to split evenly or even have a majority vote for leaving?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're wrong on that though since EU cannot force UK to accept refugees if they leave the union.
    Amusing considering they weren't doing this to begin with.

Why would you put something like this to a general vote anyway? As if the average person even understand what the hell they're voting on or the consequenses.

Oh wait... what is the EU? #google

fucking lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why would you put something like this to a general vote? As if the average person even understand what the hell they're voting on or the consequenses.

Oh wait... what is the EU? #google

fucking lol
    Yet again, plebiscites should not be a thing.