Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilrathos View Post
    Technically they both cheated since they aren't supposed to have on any armor at all.

From http://wow.gamepedia.com/Mak%27gora.

As described in The Shattering and Bloodsworn the rules for Mak'gora are:

Each participant is allowed one weapon.
    A blessing of this weapon by a shaman of their choosing is permitted, but not required.
    Body armor is forbidden.
    Each participant must have at least one witness.
    If both participants refuse to fight one another, they are banished from the clan.[6]
    Traditionally, it is to the death, but under Warchief Thrall's rule it became a non-lethal combat, similiar to Warsong's Mak'Rogahn. Participants can choose to forgo this change.[1] However, even when operating under the old rules, the victor can choose to spare the loser's life.[5]
    Those are traditional rules.
    There have been a few mok'goras with magic and armor used
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Someone with the word "dank" in their name, and only 20 posts asking a trolly question...lets make this 56 pages long!

I feel like I'm alone in this, but if they somehow brought Garrosh back it could be interesting. He had a lot of potential for story and could've had some cool stuff happen around him.

So your waist, feet, and forearm are not part of your body? It also states that participants can forgo the no killing rule. If Thrall hadn't gone off to "play" hero then Deathwing would have won. Don't let your hate for Thrall blind you to the bigger picture of what was happening lore wise. Garrosh was a genocidal maniac that needed to be put down one way or another. I just wish it had been the players that buried Gorehowl in his skull.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    he's dead, he went from our timeline now to the alternate timeline in the past with the help of Kairoz on Timeless Isle. did you not quest at all? This is explained pretty well in Nagrand, and especially during the opening legendary questline in Nagrand.
    Correct, and this is also where not reading the Warcraft books probably puts many gamers who don't read them at a disadvantage with understanding in-game plot/lore. If you read War Crimes by Christie Golden (which I highly recommend) the gap between the end of mop in-game and the start of wod in-game makes much more clear sense. In fact cough cough it also sets a clear foundation for what happens early in Legion.

That said, I'm sure there's a creative way he can brought back. As a Dr. Who fan, most of the bad guys have died about a dozen times and there's always some loophole. It was just an illusion that he died, his ashes were reformed, he teleported away just before he died, or some funky creative explanation. Twisting Nether is always handy for that since nothing can technically die there per lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    In WoD we see Garrosh die in a fight with Durotan right.

But that is not only in the past, but the past of an alternate timeline....

So where does that leave Garrosh in our current time going into Legion?

Will be pretty cool if he comes out of hiding and helps us.
    Garrosh died in a fight with Thrall....

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Those are traditional rules.
    There have been a few mok'goras with magic and armor used
    Oh it doesn't bother me that Thrall used the elements or that they were using armor. I'm just pointing out the flaws in Dekas argument since he is hell bent on pointing out that Thrall did this or that while Garrosh apparently followed all the rules to the letter.

It can't happen due to the fact that, in the Draenor timeline, Grom's mate died during his campaign against the Ogres. (Lords of War: Part 2)

10+ Year Old Account
    According to those rules magic doesn't seem frowned upon, as weapon enchantments are permitted and no rule states disqualification. Note these rules were set by orcs, who had no knowledge of things like arcane or fel. The idea of someone leveling mountains with a wave of their wrist would likely be fantasy to them.

Based on the rules provided int he movie for Mak'gora.

Thrall is a cheating cunt.

Ontopic: Nope Garrosh MU is dead but I am sure there is a AU Garrosh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    According to those rules magic doesn't seem frowned upon, as weapon enchantments are permitted and no rule states disqualification. Note these rules were set by orcs, who had no knowledge of things like arcane or fel. The idea of someone leveling mountains with a wave of their wrist would likely be fantasy to them.
    While not cannon...

The actions of Gul'dan in the movie state different
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Skilrathos View Post
    Oh it doesn't bother me that Thrall used the elements or that they were using armor. I'm just pointing out the flaws in Dekas argument since he is hell bent on pointing out that Thrall did this or that while Garrosh apparently followed all the rules to the letter.
    I'll be honest I hate Thrall and will say just about anything to cast him the villain. I really do think he cheated but I'll just say that so you understand where my perspective comes from. I blame him for Garrosh's fall and hate him for playing off like he has no blame, giving us over to a troll! I wish he would just die already and free the Horde of his worthless self serving mary sue wanabe ass.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Based on the rules provided int he movie for Mak'gora.

Thrall is a cheating cunt.

Ontopic: Nope Garrosh MU is dead but I am sure there is a AU Garrosh.

- - - Updated - - -

While not cannon...

The actions of Gul'dan in the movie state different
    1. Movie universe
    2. Warlock and shaman are different
    3. There have been duels with magic used
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    1. Movie universe
    2. Warlock and shaman are different
    3. There have been duels with magic used
    Even if I give up all points it doesn't change the fact that Thrall's rule for a Mak'gora was never to kill your opponents. He is a hypocrite, setting rules down left and right that don't every apply to him. I have no idea how or why anyone like Thrall, in any realistic world he would have been eliminated a long time ago by the other Horde leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekas View Post
    Even if I give up all points it doesn't change the fact that Thrall's rule for a Mak'gora was never to kill your opponents. He is a hypocrite, setting rules down left and right that don't every apply to him. I have no idea how or why anyone like Thrall, in any realistic world he would have been eliminated a long time ago by the other Horde leaders.

Thrall didn't make it so you can't kill the your opponent he changed it so that you don't have to kill your opponent and made that a default during Mok'goras but they have the option of having it be to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Thrall didn't make it so you can't kill the your opponent he changed it so that you don't have to kill your opponent and made that a default during Mok'goras but they have the option of having it be to the death.
    You where always able to not kill your opponents.

" Traditionally, it is to the death, but under Warchief Thrall's rule it became a non-lethal combat, similiar to Warsong's Mak'Rogahn. "

Thrall chose to make it non-lethal and decided that in his duel with Garrosh that he would ignore a principal he a put into the new Horde.

I really don't understand your issue with Thrall. Let's face it Thrall is the most "Human" of the Horde, he failed already sometimes and still he always comes back to help us! He rebuilt the Horde, the one we know in Azeroth. He freeded the Orcs, enlist trolls, tauren, goblins, undead and the blood elves. He always gaved all he had for the horde, he failled? Yes sometimes he failled but that i what makes him a great character. He's like a normal guys that fails but always get's up again to fight! I don't know also why ppl dislike Vol'jin, he's just a different type of leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall and Garrosh didn't challenge each other, or engage in Mak'gora in Nagrand. It was more of a 1v1, dual to the death, with onlookers standing back (Note that Garrosh has NO witnesses on his side, given that we already killed all of them and more or less surrounded Garrosh by himself.)

So rather then Mak'gora (Which is given by one orc to another to challenge for leadership), it was more of Thrall cleaning up what was left of his mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    I really don't understand your issue with Thrall. Let's face it Thrall is the most "Human" of the Horde, he failed already sometimes and still he always comes back to help us! He rebuilt the Horde, the one we know in Azeroth. He freeded the Orcs, enlist trolls, tauren, goblins, undead and the blood elves. He always gaved all he had for the horde, he failled? Yes sometimes he failled but that i what makes him a great character. He's like a normal guys that fails but always get's up again to fight! I don't know also why ppl dislike Vol'jin, he's just a different type of leader.
    I really liked Thrall up till the world of warcraft story starts, everything since than has made me hate him more and more. As for bring the blood elfs and undead to the horde....the blood elf have already tried to join the alliance and the forsaken want to kill everyone, I would not call bringing them into the horde a plus.

As for Vol'jin I feel he's a hypocrite as well always going on about how the horde is family but when we needed him against Garrosh he was going to leave the horde. You don't abandoned family, not to mention my issues with a non orc ruling the horde in the first place. There are other issues I have with him but this is getting off topic.

The only way you'll ever see a Garrosh return is if he's somehow resurrected or he comes back from ANOTHER alternate timeline where he is born, but even if the latter is true, he does not know the same things our Garrosh did, so he probably would be some zen pussy. But if it ever came to this point, I sure hope I'm no longer playing, cause those are dark days if Blizzard has to stoop that low just to get a barely liked character a return.

10+ Year Old Account

Not really, no. Thrall was deeply respected by Sylvannas, respected by Lorth'emar, and blood-brothers with Cairne and Vol'jin.

Let me see, I had something of a metaphor for Thrall/Garrosh.

Imaginary situation - We have this one guy called Robert. Robert inherits the position of CEO of a failing, near-bankrupt company that was started by a now-deceased older mentor of his, called Oliver. Robert takes this company, and with his own sweat, blood, tears, and charisma, turns it into a multi-billionare company. He is well-liked, and his stockholders agree with the vast majority of his decisions.

Now, back to Oliver - Oliver is an immigrant from France. In France, he left behind several restaurants to his son, Bubba, and went to the US after his wife died, leaving Bubba behind, with no communication between them. Now, Bubba has COMPLETLEY mismanaged the restaurants - most of them have been bought out by commercial real-estate sharks, and he is down to a single one, barely scrapping buy. Bubba leaves the management of this restaurant to his old, aging grandmother, and spends most of his days lazing around the house, moping that his father left him to move to the US, and blaming his complete and utter mismanagement of the restaurants on every single thing besides himself.

Now, Robert, learning of Bubba, goes over to France, and tells Bubba of his father's company, and how well it is doing. Robert, out of respect for now-deceased Oliver, promotes Bubba to vice-CEO of the company. Bubba gets all cocky and arrogant, and as a vice CEO, questions Robert's every decision.

Few years later, Robert decides that he wants to start up his own small-time company, and concentrate more on his family. At this point in time, Robert makes a choice blinded by his overwhelming respect for Oliver - Rather then letting his board of investors decide on the new CEO, he directly promotes Bubba to CEO, and gives his own share of the company's stocks to Bubba, which is close to a majority of the shares.

Bubba, being Bubba, insults and pisses off EACH of the other investors, to the point that all of them want Bubba out of the company. Bubba pulls a fast one, and embezzles all of the liquid assests of the company, and runs off with a number of the R&D team to start his own company. The investors, of course, sue him, and after a long period of lawsuits, land Bubba in jail, completely broke, with his father's company broken. Robert shows up at the jail, spits in Bubba's face, and leaves.

Just so you know, Garrosh is Bubba. He is not some "misunderstood" hero, or a "valiant and perfect" orc. He is a pathetic piece of shit that got his ego boosted by the actions of his father and the deep respect of his father by Thrall, but in the process completely tears down everything his father spent his life working on - Both the restaurants his father built in France, and the company he made in the US.

As for Robert (Thrall), all he did was a single mistake - Out of respect for his deceased mentor(Grom), he gave his mentor's company to his mentor's son. Ain't his fault that his mentor's son was a complete piece of shit when it came down to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.