Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sivas88 View Post
    I dont mind the change. Zooming it out past the slider defiantly gives you a tactical advantage (however small, though lots of mythic raiders here claiming they HAVE to have it). If they just made the slider go higher instead then everyone would be forced to use the max zoom to remain competitive. I don't need a top down view of the entire room to beat a boss and you don't either. I think most people are just salty they are loosing the small advantage it gave.
    If you don't want the advantage, that's your choice. Shouldn't limit us, and in the end as I explained on the previous page, the end result will be raiders that needs this functionality to perform at their peak will just use scripts to quickly change the hardcoded variables in the configs of the game to get the old zoom back every single time they relog. It's tedious and meaningless but it'll become a necessary step every time we switch characters to have what we consider a "fulfilling" game experience. We'll still retain the "advantage" one way or another, it's blizzard's choice if they want it to go from "google a console command to permanently unlock max zoom" that they say "most people don't know", to "use a script every time you relog to set your max zoom for that session, and deactivate zoom buttons so it doesn't reset and thus giving you no chance of zooming in at all" that only the extreme minority will use, requiring far more input to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    So forcing everyone to play the way you prefer is okay?
    Forcing everyone to play the way devs intended is okay. In fact, that's what you do from the moment you start the game.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

So forcing everyone to play the way you prefer is okay?
    They're not changing it because they think you should have to play the game a certain way, they're changing it because its not fair atm to the people that don't know about hidden variables. To make if fair they had to get rid of the option or increase the slider and I'm guessing most players don't enjoy having the camera miles away from their character.

10+ Year Old Account
    This reason this is dumb, is because now having a 1440 or 4k resolution now provides you with an advantage that can't be solved via a simple slider or console command.

Oh and incoming hacks.

- - - Updated - - -

They're not changing it because they think you should have to play the game a certain way, they're changing it because its not fair atm to the people that don't know about hidden variables. To make if fair they had to get rid of the option or increase the slider and I'm guessing most players don't enjoy having the camera miles away from their character.
    Have you seen the pole on the front page?
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    No, in a game that has competitive aspects, you will not be allowed to play "however you like". It's something you should have understood by now.
    EVERY SINGE COMPETITIVE PLAYER KNOW ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There is no disadvantage here any1 that decide to become better at the game will ask how to do that and will find out way to fast and adjust it......how the fuck are we gonna play against big bosses as melee??? when the camera gets inside the boss and we can't see shit and when the cam only show us the boss leg that takes 85% of the screen?????? such change only hurts players and don't benefit anyone!!!!

Forcing everyone to play the way devs intended is okay. In fact, that's what you do from the moment you start the game.
    Took them long enough to realize that, when everyone already got used to playing the game in a way that WAS available from the start.

Question is, why does it matter if they enjoy having the camera miles from their character? That's not an issue. Just don't set the slider to "max" and you'll have the exact same experience. Extending the slider wouldn't have hurt their enjoyment any.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    This reason this is dumb, is because now having a 1440 or 4k resolution now provides you with an advantage that can't be solved via a simple slider or console command.

Oh and incoming hacks.
    Hacks are already in, don't worry.

Oh great, from this point forward I'm going to be fighting legs on my screen instead of a giant boss, ain't that immersive!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like they want wow to die.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    How to tell MMO-C is dumb. They sit here arguing whether or not this provides a competitive advantage in their argument for why it should be removed. If Blizzard wanted to remove this because of a competitive advantage they would have simply increased the slider so there was some "hidden" console command. There, fair game. They aren't doing that, which means the reason for this change is something else. They claim that to be as a result of a "design choice" yet I didn't know their design intent was that I can only see Archimondes toes and he takes up 50% of my screen if I'm a melee.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Took them long enough to realize that, when everyone already got used to playing the game in a way that WAS available from the start.
    Different aspects of the game change with every expansion. Plus, most players today have not been playing from the start anyway, so it's a moot.

But now they removed a feature and some people don't enjoy their camera in the bosses knees with 100 spell effects in their face. To make it fair the feature should've stayed, and if people didn't want to use it that would be on them. Now everyone is forced to play in a certain way whether they want to or not.

Quote Originally Posted by THE313 View Post
    EVERY SINGE COMPETITIVE PLAYER KNOW ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There is no disadvantage here any1 that decide to become better at the game will ask how to do that and will find out way to fast and adjust it......how the fuck are we gonna play against big bosses as melee??? when the camera gets inside the boss and we can't see shit and when the cam only show us the boss leg that takes 85% of the screen?????? such change only hurts players and don't benefit anyone!!!!
    You are way exaggerating the extent of the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Action Cam is awesome dude.
    I have no issues with the Action Cam at all, just stating it's a feature implemented to make the game look more appealing on consoles

Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    Have you seen the pole on the front page?
    Honestly the poll doesn't even make sense if you've never heard of zooming out past the slider before. The title is "The latest Legion build reduced the amount you can zoom out with the camera." It doesn't say anything about the hidden variables unless you read the whole thing. And the poll itself sounds like its asking if you use a camera zoom that's farther than default slider position, which I'm sure almost everyone does. I'm just saying I wouldn't take it as proof that 75% of the player base uses the hidden vars.

10+ Year Old Account

http://imgur.com/a/PjCwX

I suggest looking at the Galleon parts of this image set.

This is -without- the UI on most of the screenshots, and a no doubt limited Beta UI at that.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-06-26 at 07:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

No, you're underestimating it. Here's a few more comparison pictures, because they're super fun to throw in:

http://i.imgur.com/ioUPUSu.jpg

vs

http://i.imgur.com/EOk0rtb.jpg

See that tauren and the campfire and the hut and shit on the right side of the screen? POOF. It's fucking gone, just like magic on the second picture. That's the fel and void fire patches on Xhul'horac that are firmly planted behind your raid entirely gone from your field of vision so you have no idea if it's safe to run out or you are running into an incoming shadowfel explosion. That's the tiny fireball on gruul that just sneaks up on you from nowhere. That's the big-ass void fiend on Hellfire council that's found a blindspot so it can hit you before you even get time to react.

It's fucking terrible.

I dont mind the change. Zooming it out past the slider defiantly gives you a tactical advantage (however small, though lots of mythic raiders here claiming they HAVE to have it). If they just made the slider go higher instead then everyone would be forced to use the max zoom to remain competitive. I don't need a top down view of the entire room to beat a boss and you don't either. I think most people are just salty they are loosing the small advantage it gave.
    If you're a mythic raider and weren't using it you were just plain stupid and gimping yourself for no reason. You're welcome to do that. I'll continue using it through addons though. Maybe you should stop using weak auras and dbm too.

i think we are witnessing a console port in making, with the legion ability changes and such it doesn't feel so far off anymore

Changing max camera is devs deciding how their game should look like. You have no more say in that than you have in what models to use. If raiders had the option, they would replace all models with rectangular blocks with hp bars.
    Um you do have a choice which models you use. Are you new here?