About Legion Cinematics

Hey there guys, do you remember back when wod was about to launch they released their in game cinematics to the public (since they would have been datamined anyways)? im just wondering if the same thing will be happening with legion, when will that happen?

(really excited about those cinematics)
    Last edited by Doomaz; 2016-06-26 at 07:25 AM.

All we know is that they won't be adding the 3 from DH intro zone until the launch of Legion, so it's likely that they won't be adding the other 9 from the other places until launch either. And yes you read that correctly, 12 cinematics in total that we know of so far. (That does not include the mini in-game cutscenes and the upcoming animated shorts of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    All we know is that they won't be adding the 3 from DH intro zone until the launch itself, so it's likely that they won't add the other 9 from other places until launch either.
    oh, you've counted them, makes me even happier that there are so many

Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    Yeah. I listed all of them and where they are in the comments of one of Nobbel's videos, trying to go back and find it to copy paste here.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, can't find the comment for some reason, there's hundreds of them and I'm getting tired so I'm just gonna go off by my memory.

There's 3 in the DH start zone, we don't actually know where 2 of them happen yet, it's likely part of the Black Temple scenario that happens prior to Mardum and Vault of the Wardens parts that they haven't implemented on the beta yet (might not add that until launch either, or they scrapped it). The third one happens before the second part of the intro zone.
    There's 1 at the end of the Broken Shore, might be 2 if they are faction specific, we don't know yet.
    There's 1 after the Broken Shore in Orgrimmar (not in Stormwind, this is why I think there's only 1 version at the Shore itself.)
    There's 2 in the Light's Heart questline, and we are yet to see the ending of the questline so there might be more.
    There's 1 in each zone (Val'sharah, Stormheim, Highmountain, Azsuna).
    I've heard there's a second one in Val'sharah, and if true that brings it up to 12 but I never came across it myself. Not sure if there's one in Suramar as I haven't done any quests there on the beta, gonna save it for release.

Now, because it's beta, it's likely that some of those aren't actually cinematics but rather in-game cutscenes and they just happen to use the same placeholder as the normal cinematics, however based on what happens in those certain places, without mentioning any spoilers, I think they're the epic Wrathgate style cinematics.

Edit: There might be a second short one in Stormheim now that I think about it, if there is - it's probably Alliance only.
    Also, I don't know if you've seen any of the spoilers heavy questlines but some of the more recent ingame cutscenes that they've added look AMAZING, the new animations and action camera make it look and feel like actual cinematics so whatever some of these that I've listed end up being - they'll be badass.
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2016-06-26 at 08:00 AM.

yea, plenty to look forward to, i just hope they will reveal these themselves soon enough

broken shore enbding and the voljins "funeral" are the ones im most excited about. to see what sylvanas did to save the ppl and that led to varians death appearently, and of course to see that voljin just retreated to heal (once more )

EDIT: yep ive seen the illidan quest line, while those in game rendered cinematics look great, i much prefer the wrath gate type ones, u know - garrosh electric chair and velens sacrifice

All we know is that they won't be adding the 3 from DH intro zone until the launch of Legion, so it's likely that they won't be adding the other 9 from the other places until launch either. And yes you read that correctly, 12 cinematics in total that we know of so far. (That does not include the mini in-game cutscenes and the upcoming animated shorts of course)
    Well they're releasing Demon hunters early, I'd hope they won't hold out those until Legion.

There's 3 in the DH start zone, we don't actually know where 2 of them happen yet, it's likely part of the Black Temple scenario that happens prior to Mardum and Vault of the Wardens parts that they haven't implemented on the beta yet (might not add that until launch either, or they scrapped it). The third one happens before the second part of the intro zone.

I'd assume one at the very start of the zone (remember, every race normally has some small introduction when created and logged in for the first time), one at the BlackTemple/Warden transition and one at this pool were Altruis and Kayn are fighting each other.
    Last edited by Phunkle; 2016-06-26 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FraterN View Post
    Well they're releasing Demon hunters early, I'd hope they won't hold out those until Legion.
    I doubt it as the pre-patch includes everything thats related to Legion, just that its locked until the 30th august. DH will obviously get unlocked sooner for people that pre-ordered, same with their cinematics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Real cinematics like the ones we have in wod may be for the end zones and big questlines like when Turalyon gives his message during the fallen star quest.
    The skyfire burning animation in stormhein and others like it can be done with in game cinematic. Thing is, those are getting pretty good lately, remember the Grimrail Depot?

I don't remember them releasing the WoD cinematics. And tbh I don't know why you'd want to see them on YouTube without context. You're only spoiling something for yourself that would have otherwise been an awesome moment while playing.

All we know is that they won't be adding the 3 from DH intro zone until the launch of Legion,
    Um... Demon Hunters are playable either two or three weeks after the pre-patch goes live...

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I don't remember them releasing the WoD cinematics. And tbh I don't know why you'd want to see them on YouTube without context. You're only spoiling something for yourself that would have otherwise been an awesome moment while playing.
    Blizzard released on their own because dataminers would get them anyway, probably didn't bother to encrypt them.

Also, for the most part you can guess the content for the cinematics anyway, so no real point in encryption from my POV.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    There was a post on their website http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/159...tics-9-19-2014

This isn't what the Devs said. And your math isn't right. The Devs said there are 6 cinematics that you won't be able to see until August 30th. But there are also 3 during the Demon Hunter intro and 1 during the Broken Shore. That either means there are 6 total and for some dumb reason we can't see them while were actually playing the pre-patch. Or more likely, there are 10 total, and 4 of them we *will* see before the August 30th launchdate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    This isn't what the Devs said. And your math isn't right. The Devs said there are 6 cinematics that you won't be able to see until August 30th. But there are also 3 during the Demon Hunter intro and 1 during the Broken Shore. That either means there are 6 total and for some dumb reason we can't see them while were actually playing the pre-patch. Or more likely, there are 10 total, and 4 of them we *will* see before the August 30th launchdate.
    There's no math. I have the beta, I've seen where the placeholders are, there's 12 of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FraterN View Post
    Well yeah, obviously, we'll get the DH cinematics early in the pre-patch when they unlock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Real cinematics like the ones we have in wod may be for the end zones and big questlines like when Turalyon gives his message during the fallen star quest.
    The skyfire burning animation in stormhein and others like it can be done with in game cinematic. Thing is, those are getting pretty good lately, remember the Grimrail Depot?
    The reason why I don't think Skyfire burning in Stormheim is an ingame cutscene is because the Horde airship being destroyed in Jade Forest was an actual cinematic, short but a cinematic nonetheless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Um... Demon Hunters are playable either two or three weeks after the pre-patch goes live...
    That counts as launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I'd assume one at the very start of the zone (remember, every race normally has some small introduction when created and logged in for the first time), one at the BlackTemple/Warden transition and one at this pool were Altruis and Kayn are fighting each other.
    Yeah that sounds likely, the DH will probably have an actual cinematic when you first log in instead of the usual fly-over cam with narration.

That counts as launch.
    Um... Demon Hunters are available before Legion's launch... (You know... Like I said in my previous post... "Two or three weeks after pre-patch"...)

Yeah that sounds likely, the DH will probably have an actual cinematic when you first log in instead of the usual fly-over cam with narration.
    Curious to see what the intro-cinematic might show. If they really go for a pre-rendered cinematic I doubt we'll see just some Mardum footage. But then again, the moment before DH arrive on Mardum is Illidan calling them inside of the Balck Temple to rush towards the portal because shit has hit the fan.

since i havent seen full playthrus of the zones, just the important questlines, what do you think the voljin death cinematic will show us? and what will be the broken shore ending like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    I doubt it as the pre-patch includes everything thats related to Legion, just that its locked until the 30th august. DH will obviously get unlocked sooner for people that pre-ordered, same with their cinematics.
    I got the Digital Deluxe Version of Legion so will I be able to get Demon Hunters early?

- - - Updated - - -

since i havent seen full playthrus of the zones, just the important questlines, what do you think the voljin death cinematic will show us? and what will be the broken shore ending like?
    Probably let's just say Varian dieing (It's already confirmed), not sure about Vol'jin.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I got the Digital Deluxe Version of Legion so will I be able to get Demon Hunters early?
    Yes. But not because you have the digital deluxe edition, but because you've pre-ordered.