Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/PjCwX

I suggest looking at the Galleon parts of this image set.

This is -without- the UI on most of the screenshots, and a no doubt limited Beta UI at that.
    Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    No, you're underestimating it. Here's a few more comparison pictures, because they're super fun to throw in:

http://i.imgur.com/ioUPUSu.jpg

vs

http://i.imgur.com/EOk0rtb.jpg

See that tauren and the campfire and the hut and shit on the right side of the screen? POOF. It's fucking gone, just like magic on the second picture. That's the fel and void fire patches on Xhul'horac that are firmly planted behind your raid entirely gone from your field of vision so you have no idea if it's safe to run out or you are running into an incoming shadowfel explosion. That's the tiny fireball on gruul that just sneaks up on you from nowhere. That's the big-ass void fiend on Hellfire council that's found a blindspot so it can hit you before you even get time to react.

It's fucking terrible.
    Does insane max distance make encounters easier? Oh hell yes it does, no argument. You know what else would make encounters easier? Transparent textures, drawing on screen, etc. Arguing that the change is bad because it makes encounters harder is a REALLY bad argument - because it's not up to you to decide how hard the encounters should be.

Oh, and I agree that melee with massive bosses looks ridiculous, but zoom is a really shitty solution to this problem. A bandaid solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Um you do have a choice which models you use. Are you new here?
    Yeah, I'm sorry, I must be new cause I've never seen any screenshots or videos where people would use custom made models. Can you provide one please, since you are clearly a veteran?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    I agree that melee with massive bosses looks ridiculous, but zoom is a really shitty solution to this problem. A bandaid solution.
    So ripping the bandaid that has worked for almost 12 years is not a shitty solution?

It's also not that it makes content more "difficult" because any "difficulty" added with this change is purely artificial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Deleted
    As a melee, fuck you blizzard.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It was always a choice, but it had two problems.
    The first issue was the lack of accessibility of the full option to most players.
    There is in my opinion too much stuff hidden behind CVars.

The second more subjective one is that the maximum was too much.
    Blizzard are addressing both, with the second one being something that it is impossible to please everyone with.
    If they had raised it even someone would have complained it wasn't enough.
    For anyone caring enough to see more of the world, the presumed "lack of accessibility" could be found with a simple google search. Furthermore, in raiding environments, information about that and other "hidden" facts were tossed around whenever you asked stuff. People who want extra camera distance are not "cheating" on people who don't use it. Getting more information about the game world (either pvp or pve) isn't cheating. If i find i want a different perspective in a game i actively look out for options, whther "hidden" or readily available.

One of the reasons i never bought starcraft 2 (hell i havent even finished the free campaign) is the small visible area. Same with Diablo and HotS. A single camera view is too limiting for my personal gaming experience. Especially when i had a choice in WoW for years. Removing choice is never a good thing.

Although i'm far from believeing conspiracy theories, all those "design" choices, the pruning, the simplification, adding mini games in the game and now this...
    one can't help but really consider the idea that WoW will be turned to a console game. Every day, a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    As a melee, fuck you blizzard.
    As a tank, same sentiment.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just gonna leave my tear collector here. Back in 24 hours to collect.

So ripping the bandaid that has worked for almost 12 years is not a shitty solution?

It's also not that it makes content more "difficult" because any "difficulty" added with this change is purely artificial.
    LOL what is not an artificial difficulty? Arbitrary hit points number? Arbitrary rate at which abilities are triggered?

I don't see the issue with this.
    Yes, I play zoomed out, with most raid bosses at the cvar max, but with the new action camera options, we'll be able to
    see the whole bossmodel anyways. And that's what I wanted. I always wanted to have my character closer and that's now possible.

This is the worst idea I've ever heard them implementing lately... I can't believe it that they didn't even ask first. Make a poll or something, it's super obvious that nobody would agree to this.
    Can't even type a reply on the forum for them to see, cause it always says "No characters were found". I hope we get the message through them just like with the Reins of the Crimson Water Strider when they wanted to nerf it in Legion so they can see how horrible this decision is and maybe revert it back. They can even put that hidden option into that drag bar. It doesn't need to be hidden.
    I always played with the max distance camera, if I could I would have zoomed even more....... especially in raids. I mean COME ON BLIZZARD.....
    Why do games keep forcing us into close cameras I can't understand. I HATE Dota (for example) 85 % just because it's such close camera and it was a very strong point that I loved about WoW, that it allowed me the freedom of zooming out. I can't believe they are going to remove this, its so disappointing!!!!

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    IMO the old zoom looks bad. I don't play wow to see my character the size of an ant. It looks like a shaman using far sight.
    THEN DON'T. Let others in their ignorance and stupidity (/sarcasm) to do so, if they desire. If you don't like max settings of (whatever), you have a choice to throttle, slide down. Why should people be limited in their options, i cannot understand.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxianLP View Post
    I don't see the issue with this.
    Yes, I play zoomed out, with most raid bosses at the cvar max, but with the new action camera options, we'll be able to
    see the whole bossmodel anyways. And that's what I wanted. I always wanted to have my character closer and that's now possible.
    Apparently the issue is that some players need to see the whole dungeon during the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL what is not an artificial difficulty? Arbitrary hit points number? Arbitrary rate at which abilities are triggered?
    Answer my question, is this it self also not a shitty solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    THEN DON'T. Let others in their ignorance and stupidity (/sarcasm) to do so, if they desire. If you don't like max settings of (whatever), you have a choice to throttle, slide down. Why should people be limited in their options, i cannot understand.
    Because using full zoom out gives advantage, which means everyone HAS to do it, which means that's what Blizzard has to design their encounters around.

It is like they are going out of their way to fuck with their players.

People are way too bored with the game and bitch and whine about everything, i doubt anyone would notice the difference otherwise. Sometimes i did zoomed out more that the game allowed by adjusting the slider how ever it was like 0.00001% of my play time and i play since 2004. I feel sorry for blizzard and the gaming industry in general, you have this generation of whiny people crying about everything.

Answer my question, is this it self also not a shitty solution?
    It's not meant to be a solution. It's just removing bandaid. A solution would be better encounter design that wouldn't require players to choose between full zoom or clipping through bosses ass.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I'm just gonna leave my tear collector here. Back in 24 hours to collect.
    Also have to notify the FDA I am sure they will be interested in the unhealthy amounts of salt in this thread..

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinetha View Post
    Here's the thing though. There is no reason for this camera change, but making smaller enemies and bosses would be a solution to it. HOWEVER, this limits the kind of content Blizzard can make. No more giant, intimidating bosses. No more massive battles where you feel like you and your raid group are facing off against a gigantic beast of a boss. All because of Blizzard's decision to limit view distance? Seems stupid to me.
    Agreed. It also limits the overview of a battle, which would allow Blizzard MORE freedom in building raid mechanics and raid boss abilities and hinders the building of raid strategies. No general has ever fought a battlefield without a map overview of where the troops are supposed to be. Limiting Overview=Limiting war intelligence. And that's what max camera is all about in WoW.

Does insane max distance make encounters easier? Oh hell yes it does, no argument. You know what else would make encounters easier? Transparent textures, drawing on screen, etc. Arguing that the change is bad because it makes encounters harder is a REALLY bad argument - because it's not up to you to decide how hard the encounters should be.

Oh, and I agree that melee with massive bosses looks ridiculous, but zoom is a really shitty solution to this problem. A bandaid solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I'm sorry, I must be new cause I've never seen any screenshots or videos where people would use custom made models. Can you provide one please, since you are clearly a veteran?
    You can choose to use the old character models. Rendering your entire argument irrelevant.