Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Its not about being able to get an addon

This probably falls into the category as flying.

They want to bring back some sense of scale to the game.
    Being able to see everything removes that control
    Um, it's exactly about getting an addon or using something outside of the default UI.

Besides, what scale of game are they bringing back? The one in vanilla? Because this option has been available and used since at least TBC.

You're really not making much sense.

One is an interface option/addon
    the other is about portrayal of scale, depth, size in the game. obviously something they want to bring more focus into.
    Big things should look big. you shouldnt be looking over their head

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynbolt View Post
    Spoken like someone that has actually no experience raiding in this expansion :^)

You'd already know that raiders are communicating with one another at the top level quite a lot, and actually react to things quicker because they have the ability to zoom out further.

All this change does is make the lives of melee miserable (infinitely so in legion with the plethora of pet specs thriving), and nauseate people from motion sickness.
    You don't need max view distance to play the game properly or effectively, sorry. That's just a crutch on your part and that is someone who has used the command for raiding in years past.

You're playing an 3rd person viewpoint MMO, not an RTS, if it were up to me, everyone would be playing Resident Evil 4/5/6 3rd person style for a real challenge.

Melee will be fine and if you get motion sickness from playing a videogame, you probably shouldn't be playing that game, sorry.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2016-06-26 at 05:10 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    I never altered the max zoom.
    That screenshot he used looks fine.
    #firstworldproblems
    Of course the misleading downhill forced perspective screenshot would look good, that's the point of misdirection.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynbolt View Post
    Spoken like someone that has actually no experience raiding in this expansion :^)

You'd already know that raiders are communicating with one another at the top level quite a lot, and actually react to things quicker because they have the ability to zoom out further.

All this change does is make the lives of melee miserable (infinitely so in legion with the plethora of pet specs thriving), and nauseate people from motion sickness.
    You're correct, I didn't raid in Warlords. I did highmaul then bailed because BRF sucked, and HFC didn't change that - on top of the expansion sucking the life out of the game.

I can see what you mean, but honestly I feel like it's blown way out of proportion. I guarantee you when the expansion drops people aren't going to be dying or stuck on content because of camera issues.

Extra camera distance? You think you want it, but you don't.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Just in case anyone was curious I had a chat with a rep about refunds if you suffer from any kind of motion sickness. It's not good news.

Blizzard live chat Rep. 14:56:32
    Hey there! Game Master *******, at your service.

Blizzard live chat Rep. 14:58:09
    I see you have questions about possible refunds for Legion, depending on motion sickness?

you 14:58:05
    Yes

Blizzard live chat Rep. 14:58:56
    Alright! I have answers.

Blizzard live chat Rep. 15:01:57
    It's possible to refund Legion like other games, though like other purchases a time limit applies to the refund window.

Blizzard live chat Rep. 15:02:58
    The time limit for the presale is within 14 days of purchase, or 90 days if the boost is unused.

you 15:03:04
    Well, when me and my friends had pre purchased, this change was not announced

you 15:03:23
    And it prevents us from playing properly

Blizzard live chat Rep. 15:07:10
    I see. As the game itself is not out yet I cannot make promises as to whether that feature will remain in Legion or revert to the prior max camera distance.

you 15:08:01
    Yes however my question is whether refunds will be avalible if this goes live, sorry for the confusion.

Blizzard live chat Rep. 15:09:21
    I understand, Like normal purchases, there is a time limit to refund Legion regardless of the circumstance.
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Fordragon View Post
    Just in case anyone was curious I had a chat with a rep about refunds if you suffer from any kind of motion sickness. It's not good news.
    How the hell is reduced camera vision related to motion sickness? Also, you sound like a whiny brat in that dialog. Boo-hoo, camera distance was reduced. What next, demand a refund because Eviscerate was nerfed to 70% of AP per combo point, or because you can only turn helm on/off at transmogrifier now?

Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    I've recently played some Guild Wars 2, and among the big pile of troubles it has one of the most striking ones was the zoom being awfully restricted.

Now with WoW going in this direction, I can't help but think this is a joke. I've played with zoom beyond the limits of the slider for many many years, and it feels awful to have to play zoomed in so close.
    They absolutely are going out of their way to FUCK with us. Maybe this is a console system compatibility move.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Fordragon View Post
    If you and your friends really get motion sickness from the camera being a bit closer than what you're used to, then perhaps you shouldn't play games at all.

You're overexaggerating, making it seem as if it's the end of the world.

I'm often shocked about the things in this game that people give a shit about, but it's completely crazy the stuff that convinces people that the sky is falling and everything is ruined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultimately, they're making a decision that they think is best for the game.

Do we think it's agreeable?

Perhaps not.

But they want the game to be seen, experienced, and approached in a certain way. Simply continuing to allow players to circumvent that via console commands entirely defeats the purpose. I also happen to think that this change means a certain number of things may change... Namely how encounters are constructed. A smaller field of view will, naturally, dictate smaller general reaction times because you'll potentially not be able to see things coming until much later.

Should this mean that those mechanics will be amended accordingly? I'd like to think so.

In the end, I understand why people will feel frustrated. But it looks to me that Blizzard want their players to "feel" part of the action, and this change (along with the action camera) is in that direction. Players are arguing that nothing is gained via this change, but the designers don't outwardly gain anything from it either and pissing people off for no reason is pointless.

I think it's going to be fine.

Seriously. What the fuck is you guys problem? This is the max camera distance after the change.

Most bosses are way smaller than this building so explain your shitty argument that BOSSES ARE TOO BIG I CAN'T SEE!

What the fuck else do you need to see? Seriously? I am baffled. I will be the first to say I have been FURIOUS with Blizzard's decision making over the last 3 years but this is literally a giant nonissue. You are freaking out over NOTHING. Chill the fuck out. I bet some of you are the same people who bitch about your camera clipping with the environment too. Nothing pleases you. Half of you don't even play the game or haven't in years. Why do you care?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Big things should look big. you shouldnt be looking over their head
    This video has Bellular showing how that works with a drogbar:

The worst change in the legion. It hope they will reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    I'm often shocked about the things in this game that people give a shit about, but it's completely crazy the stuff that convinces people that the sky is falling and everything is ruined.
    People hate change. That's just the way of the world. That's why BREXIT shocked the planet so much ..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Removing Momentum Glyph is a far worse change.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    This is Warcraft the MMO, not the RTS-game.
    If this is the worst change in Legion then Legion will be the best expansion they have ever made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Screenshot in the blue post is 1680x1050. Hope I'm not breaking their rules by using a 16:9 monitor with an additional ~18% pixels. I mean, obviously, people shouldn't be expected to know about different monitor resolutions other than their own, so technically I am.

Ridiculous overreactions, whiners are so predictable. Blizzards reasoning for this is 100% understandable and makes sense. After all, it's their game and they will, and should, have a certain amount of control over how their game is viewed and played.

What baffles me the most are the people who are "not buying" their explanation. Why in the world do you automatically assume that they're "lying" to you and hiding the "real" reason for the change? Are you that paranoid? Grow up, for Christ's sake. The WoW devs aren't these evil psychopaths who only live to break your heart and toy with your feelings, you realize that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    How the hell is reduced camera vision related to motion sickness? Also, you sound like a whiny brat in that dialog. Boo-hoo, camera distance was reduced. What next, demand a refund because Eviscerate was nerfed to 70% of AP per combo point, or because you can only turn helm on/off at transmogrifier now?
    Its not related at all, its just something else to bitch and whine about as usual.