Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    73.98%
    Highly doubt that 3/4 people even kn ow about it before today let alone have been into their config file to change it :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Highly doubt that 3/4 people even kn ow about it before today let alone have been into their config file to change it :S
    Not to be argumentative, but I know some pretty casual scumbags that knew about this for years. It's rare that I meet another player from any walks of the game that is not aware of the feature.

I mean that's my personal experience, so it's not a valid comparison to the player base as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    And how is it good design that to get the "best" option you have to do research outside of the game?
    How is it good design to create boss fight that REQUIRES addons?? Blizz devs openly said that they create boss fight with addons in mind!!! So your argument doesn't make any sense in a game that have bosses that are WAY too big and you can only see 10% of there model as melee or tank and the boss takes 85% of the screen!

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    This isn't an RTS. You aren't playing as a general, you are playing as a soldier, and an average soldier doesn't usually have a luxury of bird's eye view of a battlefield.
    Of course not. But even Starcraft 2 doesn't let you see the whole game map on your screen (only minimap).

But i am playing as a General. I played as a Horde/Alliance Commander in WoD and playing as the next Hero, wielding an Artifact Weapon in Legion.

Raid Leaders NEED to play as generals. Only they could do it in the middle of a fight and not stranded on the hilltop of whatever when fighting a boss.

And please, in a fight where 10-30 people are fighting a boss, you can't just diminish me as a grunt. I'm one of the HEROES that has made a strategy, has direct info on the battlefield and knows what happens there all the time.

However, this is not lore related. It's about limiting a choice. And that's bad. People who like limited choice could slide down. I don't like being "slided" down by Blizzard. When i entered Beta, after toying with the Wardrobe, the first thing i asked was how to increase the camera distance. After setting the slider at max. Blizzard's choice doesn't suit me anymore.

You think you want it but you dont

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Of course not. But even Starcraft 2 doesn't let you see the whole game map on your screen (only minimap).

But i am playing as a General. I played as a Horde/Alliance Commander in WoD and playing as the next Hero, wielding an Artifact Weapon in Legion.

Raid Leaders NEED to play as generals. Only they could do it in the middle of a fight and not stranded on the hilltop of whatever when fighting a boss.

And please, in a fight where 10-30 people are fighting a boss, you can't just diminish me as a grunt. I'm one of the HEROES that has made a strategy, has direct info on the battlefield and knows what happens there all the time.

However, this is not lore related. It's about limiting a choice. And that's bad. People who like limited choice could slide down. I don't like being "slided" down by Blizzard. When i entered Beta, after toying with the Wardrobe, the first thing i asked was how to increase the camera distance. After setting the slider at max. Blizzard's choice doesn't suit me anymore.
    Sure, you are still an individual participating in combat, not a commander that directs action from afar. You want to be able to see the whole battlefield and direct your troops? Okay, fine, but then it would only make sense if you are not personally participating in a fight.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

i did it because as melee i was tired of my screen being filled with giant feat, constant bright flashes and animals.

but its nothing that major.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-06-26 at 08:03 AM.

Which makes me think you didn't understand anything about my argument, because I'm still wondering what the hell do old models have to do with encounter difficulty.
    You said "Changing max camera is devs deciding how their game should look like. You have no more say in that than you have in what models to use."

I can choose what models to use, old or new. So I do have say.

The argument about whether players new about the max distance console command or not, & just whining for no reason is irrelevant!!! The biggest issue is during raids, & how negative this will effect encounters with huge boss models. Are they planning to reduce boss models? Doubt it! With this implemented are they planning on adding transparent effects in the game to help aid the camera issues? Lets fucking hope so bcoz it'll fix some issues with this change for sure. The argument being made is silly, if something as simple as transparent effects were added in the game years ago, then bosses like Tectus wouldn't have been so frustrating. So if they're not going to address something so simple graphically that has been in games since late 90's 3rd person games, then of course this camera change will be fuckin annoying.

You guys that seem to be ok with this change are not consistent raiders, so in actual fact your say is also irrelevant.
    Last edited by maverick1625; 2016-06-26 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    If I weren't unsubbed I would unsub for this.
    They're already discussing reverting it anyways. They'll cave. I haven't seen this many people pissed off about something since real name on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Worked for flying didn't it? Also, they (as a company) need to expect a certain amount of vitriol if they insist on pushing through half thought out ideas that make no sense or contain any value other then being a pain in the ass.
    no it didnt work for flying now did it? They said way early on that they were going to keep flying out for most of the expansion and maybe bring it back later around the end when it was no longer as relevant...and they did + you had to earn it. The last bit of which is something they are including for legion.

Not sure why a bunch of people are throwing such a childish hissyfits over this...

They explained why they where reducing the Maximum camera distance, and it makes sense.

It is a Game Setting fix they can apply, that won't cause any balance issues with the classes that will bring everyone else to a more equal playing field.

This is part of the feedback process of the Beta. If you feel that the Camera Distance is important enough for a boss fight, mention what boss fight you are on as what roll, and the reason why. If they agree, or have a conflict decision for it they will adjust fights or scenario's around it.

If a boss is too fat to fit on your screen, that may be part of the fight design process for teams to work around and coordinate.

The Game is designed around the Default game client without addons. Players are meant to follow the game clients limitations and workings to do what they need to do.

The Game client is not made to be cheated with Console Commands or Addons in order for you to do something a little bit easier.

When Blizzard finds something the players are using too much, that gives too much of an advantage they remove it. It is not a new concept. That is how addons, such as the Augmented Reality Addon, became blacklisted. That is how Exploits get fixed.

The change they are applying, removes the ability for players to use a certain Console Command that gives them an advantage over other players. They've been routinely doing this with expansion releases over the years. This is just one of the few that they have bothered to mention that they are removing.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    no it didnt work for flying now did it? They said way early on that they were going to keep flying out for most of the expansion and maybe bring it back later around the end when it was no longer as relevant...and they did + you had to earn it. The last bit of which is something they are including for legion.
    Gotta love how the average player of this game has the memory of a parakeet

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, you are still an individual participating in combat, not a commander that directs action from afar. You want to be able to see the whole battlefield and direct your troops? Okay, fine, but then it would only make sense if you are not personally participating in a fight.
    I am an individual participating in combat, along with (9-29) people, in a small battlefield, where intel is easily gathered and relayed. Which is also essential to know not only for raid leaders, but for each individual as well to perform the strategy implemented. If you find the information relayed as too little (as a player) you seek ways of augmenting it. Blizzard has just removed one of those ways. Which was useful to the ones who ACTIVELY SOUGHT it. Not to the ones who didn't use it because they didn't need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick1625 View Post
    You guys that seem to be ok with this change are not consistent raiders, so in actual fact your say is also irrelevant.
    That's how I'm starting to feel.

I'm a raid leader who also plays a tank so this entire change is disgusting to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    It did. They said flying was gone. Never coming back. We freaked out and they brought it back but you have to unlock it.

Deleted
    As a raid leader I'm pissed, I'm zoomed out to the max because I need to see what people are doing. Even more important during progress, where I need to see what we are doing wrong.
    Even when not leading, I'm healing and I'd like to see everyone in range anyway so I can see what they are taking damage from so I can decide on who gets priority and what heal to use.

This is an overall bad change and they are trying to sell it as an improvement. Sure in the end I'll learn to live with it, but it will never feel like an improvement. It's a dick move, noting more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Not sure why a bunch of people are throwing such a childish hissyfits over this...

They explained why they where reducing the Maximum camera distance, and it makes sense.

It is a Game Setting fix they can apply, that won't cause any balance issues with the classes that will bring everyone else to a more equal playing field.

This is part of the feedback process of the Beta. If you feel that the Camera Distance is important enough for a boss fight, mention what boss fight you are on as what roll, and the reason why. If they agree, or have a conflict decision for it they will adjust fights or scenario's around it.

If a boss is too fat to fit on your screen, that may be part of the fight design process for teams to work around and coordinate.

The Game is designed around the Default game client without addons. Players are meant to follow the game clients limitations and workings to do what they need to do.

The Game client is not made to be cheated with Console Commands or Addons in order for you to do something a little bit easier.

When Blizzard finds something the players are using too much, that gives too much of an advantage they remove it. It is not a new concept. That is how addons, such as the Augmented Reality Addon, became blacklisted. That is how Exploits get fixed.

The change they are applying, removes the ability for players to use a certain Console Command that gives them an advantage over other players. They've been routinely doing this with expansion releases over the years. This is just one of the few that they have bothered to mention that they are removing.
    while iam pretty much uncaring about the issue as its not that big of a deal. Iam not sure some of your points are around.

This zoom out does not provide that significant an advantage over others for it to be talked about like this in either fashion. its not an exploit, it is not on level with the AR addon, It is not a cheat.

Infact its on the opposite side of the spectrum. If it can be taken down then it lowers the standards to such a level that anything and everything can be considered an exploit or advantage or cheat. its the bottom of the barrel, which makes everything above with even bigger influences/advantages with a certain amount of people who use them against others who dont, free game to remove by the same logic.

Not that it is, but using the reasons you put forward would make it so hypothetically.

Its just that blizzard was no longer comfortable with the edited max zoom and changed it. in the end nothing is really lost or gained. it was a meaningless change to remove a meaningless advantage.

Well except for raiders who want to avoid literal headaches and eye strain where its hard having awareness with 75% of your screen now filled with chaos.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-06-26 at 08:15 AM.

HAHAHAHAHA Are you for real dude? Like seriously. You're clearly not a consistent raider, so don't be talking shit. I stated an example earlier, Tectus in Highmaul. Was the wonky camera on that fight part of the game design? I don't fuckin think so, but if they had transparency effects when the camera hit a solid object it wouldnt be as much of an issue, BUT they DONT. Seriously the players who find no fault with this change make me laugh, bunch of plebs who play the game at a low skill lvl. There's no advantage with the max camera command, most every top end raider uses it.
    Last edited by maverick1625; 2016-06-26 at 08:13 AM.

Except Blizzard devs openly said that they design there game with addons in mind! and it's been like that since like 10-12 years now!!! don't defend a change that has nothing to do with the reason they gave! The only reason they changed it is because max distance cam fucks with the new action cam option that they implemented.
    it's been 12 year that we could use that max cam distance and for 12 years it was not a problem in making the game competitive but now they realized that it's breaking immersion and it's making the game not fair???