Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What could Blizzard also fix that is not broken?

Since they seem to like to fix/change things that nobody complained about. What can we expect next?

How about make the size of the interface size fixed with nice big buttons? All those interface addons give advantages that casual players with no clue don't have. We need to fix that.

Damage parsing tools. They just make people compare and belittle people who have no clue. Let's remove all LUA commands that allow to check the combat log on the fly.

Bag addon tools - with Legion we get a bag sorting tool. People with bag addons don't see it and that's a shame. So let's remove addon functions that change the bags and how they are displayed.

Auction house addons. The casual user has no Tradeskill Master or Auctioneer addon - that gives people using those tools a clear advantage. Let's remove all the LUA functions making these tools possible!

Or we make a bigger step. How about disabling all addons? Then the game is the way the designers want it to be, not some "cheaters" that add new functions and features. Blizzard knows what's best and all quality of life addons are not needed anyway!

Any other suggestions what they could change people like and use for 10 years now and haven't complained about?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Since they seem to like to fix/change things that nobody complained about. What can we expect next?

How about make the size of the interface size fixed with nice big buttons? All those interface addons give advantages that casual players with no clue don't have. We need to fix that.

Damage parsing tools. They just make people compare and belittle people who have no clue. Let's remove all LUA commands that allow to check the combat log on the fly.

Bag addon tools - with Legion we get a bag sorting tool. People with bag addons don't see it and that's a shame. So let's remove addon functions that change the bags and how they are displayed.

Auction house addons. The casual user has no Tradeskill Master or Auctioneer addon - that gives people using those tools a clear advantage. Let's remove all the LUA functions making these tools possible!

Or we make a bigger step. How about disabling all addons? Then the game is the way the designers want it to be, not some "cheaters" that add new functions and features. Blizzard knows what's best and all quality of life addons are not needed anyway!

Any other suggestions what they could change people like and use for 10 years now and haven't complained about?
    You're so hired.

Deleted
    I think re-binding your keys gives you an unfair advantage, and is VERY CONFUSING to new players. Also it's unfair that you can move your camera freely, i mean, you can see what happens behind you?!

Edit: also wtf is this alt+tabbing. It gives you unfair advantage over players who don't know how to read wowhead to see which quest leads to another. Lock the game so you can't alt+tab! ALSO it is rude towards devs to alt+tab away from the game and not see all those graphics they've made.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-06-26 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I think re-binding your keys gives you an unfair advantage, and is VERY CONFUSING to new players. Also it's unfair that you can move your camera freely, i mean, you can see what happens behind you?!
    That's an excellent point. It would also create so much IMMERSION! Mouse turning is also way too fast. The A and D keys are for turning as we see in the original keyboard layout, so this should be the only way to do it!
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

This thread is going places. :x

7+ Year Old Account
    such useful
    so helpful
    not annoying
    totally needed
    much hate
    so angry

need more doge memes? or we good

like we allready have a thread on them removing the camera zoom out macro, we dont need more passive aggressive versions....
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-06-26 at 09:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Just what MMO-C needed! More meaningless complaining!

Seriously. Stop thinly veiling it as a conversation piece, and stop being salty over a limitation that restricts everyone. The game is not going to implode because your camera distance is shorter, you're just going to have to put your big boy pants on and adjust as we all will.
    Does that mean I like it? Not at all, in fact it sucks. Do I understand why they did it? Absolutely, and anyone who can get out of a whiny, self-absorbed brainstate should be able to. Limitations exist simply for that reason and every game employs varying degrees of limitation for the sake of adjusting difficulty. Often, a game is made more or less difficult by how much information it allows you to have, and this is Blizzard saying that they want players to have slightly less view distance.

Either adapt or quit. This is very unlikely going to be something they're going to budge on, and a thread like this serves no purpose but to show how personally you take Blizzard changing their game for what they believe is the better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Either adapt or quit.
    Maybe you should quit if you didnt understand how game design works by now.

Blizzard is completely not in touch with their own game, making arbitrary and wrong decisions daily - be it in class design or now more recently with max. cemara distance settings. The community doesnt cry or meaninglessly complain - if you dont understand why this change is bad in so many ways than 1.) it didnt affect you in the first place and 2.) you're a non-raiding srub.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Maybe you should quit if you didnt understand how game design works by now.

Blizzard is completely not in touch with their own game, making arbitrary and wrong decisions daily - be it in class design or now more recently with max. cemara distance settings. The community doesnt cry or meaninglessly complain - if you dont understand why this change is bad in so many ways than 1.) it didnt affect you in the first place and 2.) you're a non-raiding srub.
    I used to play with max distance. I understand fully that this will make raiding, or being a raid leader much harder. But I'll put my big girl pants on because there's no reason to bemoan so childishly over a limitation that strikes all players. It's something that people will have to adapt to.
    That's the hilarious part. You're claiming I don't understand game design, yet you're unable to see why Blizzard might want to change max camera distance?

And no, I'm not going to quit because I'm willing to adjust to Blizzard changing the max camera distance. That's such backwards logic that I don't even see a point in addressing it. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    I used to play with max distance. I understand fully that this will make raiding, or being a raid leader much harder. But I'll put my big girl pants on because there's no reason to bemoan so childishly over a limitation that strikes all players. It's something that people will have to adapt to.
    That's the hilarious part. You're claiming I don't understand game design, yet you're unable to see why Blizzard might want to change max camera distance?

And no, I'm not going to quit because I'm willing to adjust to Blizzard changing the max camera distance. That's such backwards logic that I don't even see a point in addressing it. Try again.
    For some people it causes motion sickness to play zoomed in.

Was that supposed to be funny or something?

Well actually there is something mildly funny about it. How you're totally confident, not doubting yourself and your drivel for a second. You're just putting yourself, and the fact that you simply don't understand the change, on the spot. Hey, look at me, I don't have a clue but I think I'm funny in a sacrastic way ... *doink*.

Can I have some pretzels with that salt?

If there are specific cases where the new camera distance is an issue, raise them with blizzard instead of the petty crusade against it as a whole.
    If blizzard had raised the distance, there would have been people complaining that it should have been more.
    Immersion is a poor argument, another buzzword thrown out all the time.
    Because it is a personal experience.
    And what makes or breaks it for one person is not universal or ever proven to apply to some majority.

Or as a counter argument, look at something that has been "fine" for years, yet is now attracting lots of complaints while remaining the same.
    The "relevance" of the character in question for transmogs.

Some people just like to be up in arms over the latest subject to have a gripe about.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-06-26 at 10:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    you're a non-raiding srub.
    Without the "non-raiding scrubs" the game probably wouldn't receive new updates and new raids relatively regularly. Don't get me wrong I'm a raider and I love raiding too. But don't fool yourself thinking the game is about raiding and that raiding and raiders are what matters most to Blizzard.

And you really don't "need" extended max camera distance to raid properly. In fact many boss rooms recently are so tiny they barely allow full usage of the max camera distance default UI controls allow.

Deleted
    Disable access to timing functions for add-ons. Let leaders call out when stuff is about to happen. It will improve communication and immersion.

So much salt in one thread. Pathetic that people cry over the changes to camera distance.

Deleted
    Give it 2 weeks after release and there will be programms to modify the camera distance even more then before.

Honestly, take a look at Diablo 3 they are adding more and more features to the game that were previously only for cheaters, because they make sense in the game... but in WoW they remove such things because "people have an unfair advantage"... great way to promote cheating tools blizzard

Why are they pandering to mentally deficient "new players" when they're allowing addons? Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of not wanting experienced players to have more advantages? This is just so fucking stupid, fucking Blizzard never ceases to amaze with their idiocy.
    Last edited by GrimThunderbrew; 2016-06-26 at 11:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that the camera change was unnecessary, but I also think that it's not a big deal. You see plenty enough after (see the comparison pictures on front page). You guys are just whining for the sake of it.

Deleted
    you can only take one mount with you once you leave a main city.