Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't know, but I have the impression that many of these gun lovers simply wait for an opportunity to use their guns, even when it is against their own family members. A 'heated argument' like described in the article was enough in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So what that she had a gun? There are plenty of cases there this shit happens with a knife instead of a gun.

I can laugh at the irony of course. Having a gun to protect the family and ending up killing your family. But that's about it.
    If she only had a knife, the husband would have had a much better chance to stop her. A small weak women can kill her entire family with a gun, but with a knife that is a much more unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to visit USA however your gun laws put me right off... think i'll just go to Canada instead :S

People often say they want to kill their teens.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    nothing will change. america has decided the price for their egos is the deaths of innocents.
    however you want to put it, sure

now quit bitching people, this is the way we want it.

She could have just as easily drove her car into a train with the kids inside and killed them, or waited until they were asleep and set the house on fire and killed them. You see what I am getting at? Give it a fucking rest already with the gun control, GUNS DON"T KILL PEOPLE, CRAZY FUCKING PEOPLE, KILL! the method is the only thing that changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    In what universe is it easier to kill someone with a knife than with a handgun.
    Ever heard of the 21ft rule?

Also this isn't a movie where a person automatically dies when they get hit by a sidearm and everyone is a marksman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if you have ever considered that some rights that have been granted in the past shouldn't have been granted in the first place? That it really wouldn't be that bad if that right was taken away, or was much more restricted?

The thing that I don't get, it's why USA seems to need to have its citizens being able to kill each others. That's a little bit weird for a civilized society. It's not like you will find a bear or a wolf on the corner of your street nowadays.

Guns are only made to kill people. Especially semi-automatic and assault gun. That's their only purpose. A car purpose is not to kill someone. A knife purpose is not to kill someone. A gun purpose is to harm and to kill someone. That's really a strange society, where you can have that kind of tools at hand. Looks more like a collective failure to build a peaceful framework for living than anything else.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    In what universe is it easier to kill someone with a knife than with a handgun.
    In this one? A knife in melee range is more lethal than a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by iQ Superi0r View Post
    If she only had a knife, the husband would have had a much better chance to stop her. A small weak women can kill her entire family with a gun, but with a knife that is a much more unlikely.
    No. The situation I'm describing happens all the time in countries where guns are restricted. Even when they are drunk they manage to kill people with knives. Even women killing men. Women are not that weak, not to mention that a knife doesn't care how weak you are if you can lift your hand with a knife you are good to go.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Estherna View Post
    The thing that I don't get, it's why USA seems to need to have its citizens being able to kill each others.
    The problem isn't the guns, it's the people.

Nordic countries have an absurd number of firearms (per capita) compared to the rest of the Europe, yet have some of the lowest figures for weapon related accidents / homocides by firearms (and way, way less compared to US).

Safety training, screening and strict requirements for firearm licenses is what keeps the numbers down here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    The problem isn't the guns, it's the people.
    Yeah, it's not the guns it's that "Exceptionalism", "Self-esteem movement", "Land of the Free" mentality. "I'm the best, I can do anything, fuck everyone else".
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Well guns or no guns, that's pretty fucked up man. The broad shot her own progeny, jeez.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    She could have just as easily drove her car into a train with the kids inside and killed them, or waited until they were asleep and set the house on fire and killed them. You see what I am getting at? Give it a fucking rest already with the gun control, GUNS DON"T KILL PEOPLE, CRAZY FUCKING PEOPLE, KILL! the method is the only thing that changes.
    And yet...and yet, guns are FAR more likely to be used. If you think the people are the problem, maybe we should stop fucking arming them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Gawd..everything has a mega-thread. Why not guns and these freaky shootings?
    There is a gun control thread, with 2357 pages. I agree with with the freaky shootings, there should be one.

Crazy people do crazy things. Guns are just modern societies weapon of choice. You think if a gun wasnt available she wouldnt have tried to stab her daughters and husbands to death? Maybe if it was medieval times she would run them through with a sword.

Dont blame this on guns. Blame it on humans who are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    Premeditated murder is a lot different to killing someone out of an emotional moment. But it is not surprising that these nuances are lost on many of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    And yet...and yet, guns are FAR more likely to be used. If you think the people are the problem, maybe we should stop fucking arming them?
    People arm themselves. IF this woman didn't have a gun and decided to use a knife instead then:
    1. police wouldn't have arrived, because no gun-shots reported
    2. this woman would've escaped and might've hurt more people.

If she decided to use gas+fire=boom:
    1. Property damages, obviously
    2. Neighbors are at risk too
    3. She gets insurance money and moves to a better place to live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    If you think the people are the problem, maybe we should stop fucking arming them?
    How about you enact sensible laws that require weapons training, screening of people and actually enforcing the laws that are already in place?

At the end of the day you will never, no matter how hard you try, be able to prevent people from harming each other if they are determined to do so. Also with the massive amount of firearms already in circulation it's almost impossible to prevent these from happening by merely changing laws.

People need to change.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't what is more sad - a mother killing her own daughters, or all these gun maniacs instantly defending their precious guns with their 'you can die from skin cancer, should we ban the sun?' arguments.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I don't even see how this is news anymore? Any U.S. citizen with common sense knows this isn't going to change, ever. You can do all the bans you want people here will still buy, sell and build guns. I've built guns for years because I cannot purchase one. There is no getting rid of guns here.
    You know it's probably not a good idea to admit to commiting felonies online.

Just saying.