Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    you cant lockup the darkness!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    This is Warcraft the MMO, not the RTS-game.
    If this is the worst change in Legion then Legion will be the best expansion they have ever made.
    So it was an RTS all 10 years then?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Screenshot in the blue post is 1680x1050. Hope I'm not breaking their rules by using a 16:9 monitor with an additional ~18% pixels. I mean, obviously, people shouldn't be expected to know about different monitor resolutions other than their own, so technically I am.
    Yeah, mate thats not even the same thing. But I know you probably dont understand the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    So it was an RTS all 10 years then?
    Not even sure how to respond to that, the max settings have always been this.. you had to run a consol command to get even further away from your character, now they are taking that away.
    Last edited by Dominus89; 2016-06-26 at 09:25 AM.

Meh. I rarely play with my camera fully zoomed-out, and the new max-zoom seems more than sufficient. Personally, I preferred the days when we were zoomed in much closer to our character. But, since we're on the topic of UI features...

This is nothing compared to the dozens of interface options that were needlessly gutted for Legion. Options that have existed in the game menu since forever, and they just randomly decided that now is a good time to remove them.

Now, you've gotta go through the Config files to make changes you used to be able to make in-game, on the fly. And not all of the options are available in the Config files; Many of them are gone completely.

Are they afraid new players will get overwhelmed by all of the options? If so, why not just make an "Advanced Options" tab like there used to be?

It's the little, unnecessary changes like this that really grind my gears. It seems like such a waste of time which benefits literally no one. Who honestly sits down at a Blizzard meeting and brings these things up as if they're worthy of even the smallest consideration or change?

I can understand everything else. Class nerfs? No problem; Talent revamps? No Problem; Ability pruning? No problem; But why would you deliberately limit or remove the options we have to personalize our gameplay experience? Options which have zero effect on overall balance.

I swear, sometimes it seems like they go out of their way to fuck with us.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Meh. I rarely play with my camera fully zoomed-out, and the new max-zoom seems more than sufficient. Personally, I preferred the days when we were zoomed in much closer to our character. But, since we're on the topic of UI features...

This is nothing compared to the dozens of interface options that were needlessly gutted for Legion. Options that have existed in the game menu since forever, and they just randomly decided that now is a good time to remove them.

Now, you've gotta go through the Config files to make changes you used to be able to make in-game, on the fly. And not all of the options are available in the Config files; Many of them are gone completely.

Are they afraid new players will get overwhelmed by all of the options? If so, why not just make an "Advanced Options" tab like there used to be?

It's the little, unnecessary changes like this that really grind my gears. It seems like such a waste of time which benefits literally no one. Who honestly sits down at a Blizzard meeting and brings these things up as if they're worthy of even the smallest consideration or change?

I can understand everything else. Class nerfs? No problem; Talent revamps? No Problem; Ability pruning? No problem; But why would you deliberately limit or remove the options we have to personalize our gameplay experience? Options which have zero effect on overall balance.

I swear, sometimes it seems like they go out of their way to fuck with us.
    New players = Console players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    How the hell is reduced camera vision related to motion sickness? Also, you sound like a whiny brat in that dialog. Boo-hoo, camera distance was reduced. What next, demand a refund because Eviscerate was nerfed to 70% of AP per combo point, or because you can only turn helm on/off at transmogrifier now?
    I didn't demand a refund and I certainly am not being a whiny brat. I was simply questioning if we were entitled to refunds because we may not be able to play, why are you mad?

If you and your friends really get motion sickness from the camera being a bit closer than what you're used to, then perhaps you shouldn't play games at all.
    How did you justify that? We have been playing fine for years, if they can find another way to deal with it then by all means go through with it.

You're overexaggerating, making it seem as if it's the end of the world.
    I really am not and I'm not sure why you would think that, I investigated for people in a similar position to myself and am being labeled as a result of my concern. No where did I state it is the end or the sky is falling... etc.
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Ridiculous overreactions, whiners are so predictable. Blizzards reasoning for this is 100% understandable and makes sense. After all, it's their game and they will, and should, have a certain amount of control over how their game is viewed and played.

What baffles me the most are the people who are "not buying" their explanation. Why in the world do you automatically assume that they're "lying" to you and hiding the "real" reason for the change? Are you that paranoid? Grow up, for Christ's sake. The WoW devs aren't these evil psychopaths who only live to break your heart and toy with your feelings, you realize that?
    I agree that their reasoning is understandable and that it makes sense, but for me personally it is an awful change I do not agree with. Understanding someone's vision and agreeing with it are two different things.

This change is really about changing a very core visual aspect of the game that I've gotten used to over the years: the camera distance not being awfully restricted. I don't mind this change anywhere else, but in raids. Even if I currently wasn't a tank it would still feel an awful lot worse. I don't have issues with finding my character on the screen. I don't care if I feel immersed in a boss fight. I want to be able to view the fight the way I've always been able to, and now suddenly that's taken away.

The reason because I'm so opposed to this change is that it isn't just removing a spell from a class or changing the talent tree - it's much bigger than that. It changes the whole way you feel about the battle, and when I'm playing this game the last thing I want to feel is to have information artificially limited from me. Some games are very guilty of this (like GW2), and WoW has a history of not artificially limiting almost any information from you. This is a step in the wrong direction. You shouldn't begin to alienate players at this point with massive changes like this, and I would like to believe they're wise enough to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Seriously. What the fuck is you guys problem? This is the max camera distance after the change.

Most bosses are way smaller than this building so explain your shitty argument that BOSSES ARE TOO BIG I CAN'T SEE!

What the fuck else do you need to see? Seriously? I am baffled. I will be the first to say I have been FURIOUS with Blizzard's decision making over the last 3 years but this is literally a giant nonissue. You are freaking out over NOTHING. Chill the fuck out. I bet some of you are the same people who bitch about your camera clipping with the environment too. Nothing pleases you. Half of you don't even play the game or haven't in years. Why do you care?
    You clearly seem to know a lot about raiding. Great illustration of how the new camera will work in a raid situation by placing it on ground and looking upward.

I don't understand why the people who never used the extra zoom distance are even in this thread arguing. We get it, it doesn't affect you. But the change does have a negative impact on the people who do use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Seriously. What the fuck is you guys problem? This is the max camera distance after the change.

Most bosses are way smaller than this building so explain your shitty argument that BOSSES ARE TOO BIG I CAN'T SEE!

What the fuck else do you need to see? Seriously? I am baffled. I will be the first to say I have been FURIOUS with Blizzard's decision making over the last 3 years but this is literally a giant nonissue. You are freaking out over NOTHING. Chill the fuck out. I bet some of you are the same people who bitch about your camera clipping with the environment too. Nothing pleases you. Half of you don't even play the game or haven't in years. Why do you care?
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I've been extremely critical of the way Blizzard have handled this game these past few years, but this is the very definition of a non-issue.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Who needs to see more than Mannoroth's belly?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I don't see the problem. There is no reason to be zoomed out that much.
    And the melee argument...please. I've raided for years as melee and never needed even the normal max distance.
    I see this whole thing as some sort of crutch for some players. I would hate to hear the outcry if DBM were to be banned from the game...

At the end of the day, this is just Blizz better regulating the over all gameplay experience. And I agree with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Hah... happier to be ranged than ever, but melee will be so sad with those huge ass bosses that block half your screen.

Bad change though, the reasoning may sound legitimate and it is when you look at it from his point of view, but on the other hand, it is certainly degrading QoL we are used to for many years now.

For me personally it is far worse change than any flying and such ever been.
    looking at the bosses in legion, so far none of them are iron reaver/kormrok size, the biggest ive seen is a sea scrogg and hes not really tat huge
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    looking at the bosses in legion, so far none of them are iron reaver/kormrok size, the biggest ive seen is a sea scrogg and hes not really tat huge
    Good point. I wonder if they have a new policy of no overly large bosses.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    And the melee argument...please. I've raided for years as melee and never needed even the normal max distance.
    I see this whole thing as some sort of crutch for some players. I would hate to hear the outcry if DBM were to be banned from the game...

At the end of the day, this is just Blizz better regulating the over all gameplay experience. And I agree with it.
    Actually I would laugh out loud if the creators of DBM, Big Wigs, GTFO, Skada and Recount and so on completely stopped updating their prospective addons imagine the chaos it would be so sweet to watch people freak out when all the addons stopped working, they would completely forget the max camera distance thing..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    if you need to zoom out any more than that screenshot, you're doing something wrong
    Yeah you'd probably know. I mean you're 11/13M. 1 year down the line.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post

I would LOVE for dbm, recount and so on to get banned hahaha xD Not because I dont use them, I do, but they do take away some of the game from the game haha.

But yeah, people would lose their shits if they did that haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Actually I would laugh out loud if the creators of DBM, Big Wigs, GTFO, Skada and Recount and so on completely stopped updating their prospective addons imagine the chaos it would be so sweet to watch people freak out when all the addons stopped working, they would completely forget the max camera distance thing..
    All at the same time? Yeah.

But I think people by now realise that one day theise developers might want to move on.
    I mean when you support an addon for a game you havn't played in 5 years you're already going above and beyond.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Yeah you'd probably know. I mean you're 11/13M. 1 year down the line.
    Yes clearly its the fact that this guys zoom is not far out enough that is blocking his progress into mythic, ofc!! What? Seriously grasping at straws there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Yes clearly its the fact that this guys zoom is not far out enough that is blocking his progress into mythic, ofc!! What? Seriously grasping at straws there.
    It's quite hilarious how far out you are missing the point.