Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eronath View Post
    I've used the script for years now, I've never played with anything but my camera zoomed out as much as possible, and the change honestly doesn't seem that limiting to me? It zooms out quite a fair distance still, and shouldn't really warrant this kind of "outrage" imo.

I just find it absolutely hilarious that people are getting so salty over this, as I said in an earlier post if it was an obvious game breaking issue then the outrage would be justified.. But I think that in this case most complaining about this are complaining because they can..

But looking at that image you posted I see no problem with the camera distance, and there are times that having the camera at max distance can be a hindrance like many of the fights in Karazhan that were in areas that having the camera at max distance would not help at all..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-06-26 at 09:13 AM.

LOL posting a screenshot with UI hidden and then saying " look how much you can see" Okay i guess we will all just raid with UI Hidden Kappa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I just find it absolutely hilarious that people are getting so salty over this, as I said in an earlier post if it was an obvious game breaking issue then the outrage would be justified.. But I think that in this case most complaining about this are complaining because they can..

Here's an image of a large boss encounter with the new distance.

I know that this is old content and in theory with these new limitations new content should not have bosses this size.... in theory.

http://imgur.com/a/PjCwX

More images from the same set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

YES!! I LOVE THIS !!!

My foundest memory was the early days where everyone even pro pvp players played zoomed in, granted it made keeping up with mage´s blinks more difficult but in the end it was a much better gaming experience.

Much more immersive and you could enjoy the gorgeous world around you and feel almost in 3rd person as if it were you walking in it.

As opposed to going point A to point B just playing little dots on the screen and following check points...utter trash of an experience, effective though but not what i want in an mmo

I couldn't care less i don't even know if i'm still using that script

Deleted
    I found the camera view very important for boss fights but did prefer it a bit closer when questing hmm may make boss fights more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Bosses these days are designed with the assumption that players are using addons like DBM. Something fatboss commented on in their first LAD video (Laps Around Dalaran)
    I disagree, they are third party addons, they have nothing to do with blizzard.

They are designed around the fact that you can see more than their ankles.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Changing max camera is devs deciding how their game should look like. You have no more say in that than you have in what models to use. If raiders had the option, they would replace all models with rectangular blocks with hp bars.
    Haha, omg, they so would.

Although I remember vanilla when locks were replacing their demons with random shiz models. Even only if that was client-side, it was great

I like playing zoomed out, but y'know what I'd really like to see is a viable first person camera view

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post

Here's an image of a large boss encounter with the new distance.

I know that this is old content and in theory with these new limitations new content should not have bosses this size.... in theory.

http://imgur.com/a/PjCwX

More images from the same set.
    Well the thing is that and this is from dungeons mind you having your camera set at max distance can end up being very bad.. The last boss in Vault of Wardens Heroic has two mechanics that could prove fatal for people at max distance.. One being the green death pools that grow during the fight which might not be an issue the second one though certainly can be.. Think of the skeleton wall during the Nerzhul fight, now add that at certain angles the wall vanishes then re appears and can be fun trying to dodge it..

Either way I have no issue with the change as when I do zoom out it is just enough to see where crap is so as not to step in it..

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    Yup, also all screen comparisons that they took are uphill with huge chunks of terrain/NPC to fill the screen and lessen actual view distance difference.

They also advertised aerial and mounted combat as major features of WoTLK, yet here we are. and new dances too.
    Well, lets hope that camera wont be that "smart" as the people in beta are reporting and be more smart and stay as we set it.

They didn't lie, they had mounted combat in.... Argent Tournament!!!! (/sarcasm off)

what a bunch of BS. People have an advantage being more zoomed out? ok, and? Just let the slider zoom out more. Why does wow support multiple monitor surround setups? Surely that's a much larger advantage than the zoom change. Blizzard has their heads so far up their narcisistic a$$ that they just don't give a crap what players want. They just want to do whatever they think makes sense at the time. Ultrawide monitors aren't supported in most of their games because its unfair. now we can't zoom out the way we have for YEARS? Has anyone ever even complained that someone was zoomed out more and got an unfailr advantage? Blizzard designs bosses so unreasonably massive to the point that my character is about as tall as a boss' foot that being zoomed out that far is MANDATORY if you want to see what's going on. Maybe ranged characters don't have as much of a problem, but as a tank or melee, this seriously blows.

PS
    the worst part? not being in the beta means i can't even provide any feedback to blizzard about this change since the forums are locked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Honestly I don't really give a shit what they try to force. I'll be zooming out. There will be a hack that allows this. If I have to pay for a bot to do this I will. Fuck Blizzard.

Sure why not? We already have hax galore like Firehack, ReBot, WRobot, SoapBoxRotations, many more; along with hundreds of add-ons and ridiculous swifty macros that basically play the game for you. What's another one added on top of the already enormous steaming pile of shit called WoW raiding & PvP?
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-06-26 at 09:35 AM.

Been reading the previous posts a bit...

A large number of people don't even currently play the game.
    A large number are mentioning personal views without any justification or reason that will directly affect the gameplay.
    A large number of people are confusing "Camera Distance" with "Field of View".
    A large number of people are just trolling to get a rise out of other people.
    A large number of people are just insulting each other back-and-forth without even contributing to the thread. (Never reported or blocked so many users in my life. Not even gold spammers.)

Willing to bet people are manipulating the poll with with multiple accounts. (Judging from the large number of "new users" created and started posting in just this thread.)

Another factor people are forgetting, is Blizzard does have the ability to modify players camera distances and field of views with server-side scripts. This has been done with a few quests. Again with the "Play the Beta, give legit feedback instead of just complaining about 'change'. "

Ion has been one of those people so far were he and his team are willing to stick with a change to see how it plays out for awhile during the testing process, to see and filter what feedback (And complaining) they can to weigh the options if it is justifiable or not.

While I don't agree with some of class changes they have been doing in Legion, it is still a Beta. The people/players who are complaining, who don't have the ability to test this platform need to calm down and think instead of just saying 'lolthis is bad. iquit."
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Decreasing camera distance decreases your field of view, duh.
    Moreso changing FoV changes perceived camera distance - and this trick is used in games and videos to create zoom in/out effect without moving a camera.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    YES!! I LOVE THIS !!!

My foundest memory was the early days where everyone even pro pvp players played zoomed in, granted it made keeping up with mage´s blinks more difficult but in the end it was a much better gaming experience.

Much more immersive and you could enjoy the gorgeous world around you and feel almost in 3rd person as if it were you walking in it.

As opposed to going point A to point B just playing little dots on the screen and following check points...utter trash of an experience, effective though but not what i want in an mmo
    You can already do this on live.... the camera macro doesn't prevent you from doing this...

lmfao people have no clue

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Considering how just about the most asked question I saw during the beta was how to increase the camera distance, then it is something which needed some thought.
    Personally I am not against this change as I do feel the maximum was too much.
    Bringing it into line with the default UI was in my opinion long overdue.

It absolutely has had an impact on awareness of surroundings, in both PvE and PvP content.
    Which is why I think it needed to be more openly accessible via the default UI.
    Which then leads to the how much is too much argument, which quite frankly is never going to suit everyone.
    10000% this
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Given their tendency to cram raid Bosses into small rooms, the maximum distance wasn't all that helpful anymore.

I do find their reasoning to be rather BS though. PLAYERS should be in control of stuff like cameras not DEVs.
    If we want to zoom out to the point that our char is as big as a zergling, that should be out choice.

They should have increased the potential option via slider.

does anyone at blizzard raid as melee? Seeing LESS than we already do... G Fucking G!

7+ Year Old Account

A large number are mentioning personal views without any justification or reason that will directly affect the gameplay.
    A large number of people are just insulting each other back-and-forth without even contributing to the thread. (Never reported or blocked so many users in my life. Not even gold spammers.)

Willing to bet people are manipulating the poll with with multiple accounts. (Judging from the large number of "new users" created and started posting in just this thread.)

Another factor people are forgetting, is Blizzard does have the ability to modify players camera distances and field of views with server-side scripts. This has been done with a few quests. Again with the "Play the Beta, give legit feedback instead of just complaining about 'change'. "

Ion has been one of those people so far were he and his team are willing to stick with a change to see how it plays out for awhile during the testing process, to see and filter what feedback (And complaining) they can to weigh the options if it is justifiable or not.

While I don't agree with some of class changes they have been doing in Legion, it is still a Beta. The people/players who are complaining, who don't have the ability to test this platform need to calm down and think instead of just saying 'lolthis is bad. iquit."
    i think people are blowing this WAAAAAAY too far out, yes providing feedback is fine, going to the forums saying "i dont like this, heres why" but making passive aggressive statements, calling blizzard names, failures, telling them to kill themselves, or personally harrasing members of staff... is not a good way to get things done.... they have made changes like this in the pass, and gone off them, the water strider for example, so if they see enough feedback about this, they may go back on it, but nothing good comes from being a general prick... they are people too, sometimes they make mistakes
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

RLLY??? Who the fuck is trolling? People that are arguing against this change from what I've read are raiders, myself included. It's simple and I'll say it again. If you're not part of the consistent raiding community then why fuck are you commenting on this change and saying it's good? Your whole point is fucking irrelevant bcoz you have a choice to not play using the max camera command. What if Blizzard changed it so you can only play at max camera distance bcoz that's what they intended? I bet alot of you plebs & RP guys that play at your own pace & low skill lvl would kick up a stink then aye?? The reasons behind people using the max camera command is partly due to encounter design & the aging game engine. Seriously just keep fuckin quiet if you're not understanding from a high end perspective players have been using the simple max camera command for fuckin YEARSSSSSS, now all of a sudden it's an issue..GTFO
    Last edited by maverick1625; 2016-06-26 at 10:10 AM.