10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So the people that think the internet is the devil have won? Interesting argument you are trying to make here.

In buzzwords you could also say xenophobic regressive sexists polluting isolationist technical Luddites won. Who'd have thunk?
    Future of British youth ripped away from them by technologically illiterate educationally subnormal geriatric xenophobes.
    Tbh i think 'tabloid newspaper reader' fits just fine.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Future of British youth ripped away from them by technologically illiterate educationally subnormal geriatric xenophobes.
    Odd way to say "older generation that build the UK and birthed today's youth". But hey!

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You people are really clueless.
    typical left

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    The banks should have gone to the wall like any other failing business.
    That's insane. If the financial system would've collapsed the UK would've collapsed too. Their economy was based on this. Actually a lot of Europeans feel betrayed by the UK because UK were in a leading position. Honestly. Without EU, UK would've been hit much harder by the financial crisis.

And the best thing is: The rest of the EU always wanted stronger regulations for the financial markets. The UK always vetoed this. It was the UK fighting for deregulation and against limitations of the financial markets.

I wonder how happy those leavers will be once their new "political elite" will achieve deregulation.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2016-06-26 at 09:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Odd way to say "older generation that build the UK and birthed today's youth". But hey!
    Youth parents sure are old. Many 65+ year olds with 18 year old kids?
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    No, many 65+ with 35 yo kids that are the working class today and who some even have own teen kids that bitch on social media how literally their grandparents stole the future. They didn't. Dunno why it's ok for the left to attack other side voters...must be that double standard!

And it's not even UK specific. Here in Romania they do the same each election. The youth bitch and DO NOT go to vote and then act surprise when the elderly vote.

who i trust more? 18 year olds who are drunk, being vandals, and doing media/sociology degrees while saying "muh safe space" or, as you put it, 65+ "technologically illiterate educationally subnormal geriatric xenophobes"?

personally the older people, they've experienced life and aren't swayed by tumblr and reddit. actually, i don't trust either group. i trust myself though, and i voted leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    God forbid I actually think about investing the money into something productive and socially useful instead of throwing it on completely useless startups or projects that make no sense for the sake of just throwing money around.

Let's all start coding mobile games on money from EU, eh?
    The thing is, as an actor, the state can borrow very cheaply, it doesn't need great returns on all its investments to break even -
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2016-06-26 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    We can't negotiate anything until we formally say we're leaving. That's the point of article 50.
    I dont see whats stopping us talking to canada/us/australia/china

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Damn we need a system similar to that in Latin America.
    It depends if those schemes actually make a difference or are just money wasting exercises that don't help the common man or something worse.

It reminds me of courses the unemployed were forced to go to on or have money for food restricted. They were of little use to them but the companies themselves got taxpayer money at a time when the government was saying they had to cut back welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    you are misinformed my friend at last about Italy there is a huge amount of money that EU invest in a large number of projects and subsiding agriculture if anything the eu money is by far spent better than italy own money because those projects are controlled and often supervised directly by EU so there is a very slight chance of it being misused or drained up by corruption.
    I imagine land in Italy is split between the people more than Britain, where subsidies go to rich landowners just for owning land.

Deleted
    Go protest nuclear power and hold refugees welcome signs in between your unemployment welfare checks, kid.

Seems that both Tory and Labour are looking at leadership struggle in the coming days due the outcome.

Deleted
    That second referendum petition is ridiculous. All you need is to click a checkbox and write in a fake postal code.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Because we are still a member of the eu and bound by eu regulation until we leave.
    Unofficially i dont see us not talkin to them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette55 View Post
    That second referendum petition is ridiculous. All you need is to click a checkbox and write in a fake postal code.
    To be fair, not as ridiculous as this whole trending "regret" thing and complaining that leave people said wrong things.

How about doing some research on your own for once and not letting politicians spoonfeed you every bit of relevant information in such an immensely important referendum? Geez, it's like some people are incapable of finding information (and thus quickly debunking those populist lies) on their own whatsoever. ~.~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    I am starting to get the feeling that the Brexit Politicians, Voters are surprised that things went the way it did.

I mean you got the likes of Farage other Brexit Politicians, backpedaling so hard on promises, they could supply the world with energy.
    Cameron ran off before he had to invoking Article 50.
    British People wanting to change their vote saying they voted for it as a form of protest and did not think it would count.
    A petition running around asking for a second referendum.
    Political Parties promising to be against the referendum in return for votes.
    You just need to look at Boris Johnson's approach at this to see they didn't expect it themselves.
    Cameron's embarrassing and inelegant retreat will be part of history now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Consternation View Post
    Unofficially i dont see us not talkin to them
    Yeah great plan.

Honestly, other countries will offer bad conditions because they know about your weakness and they know you will have to sign those, no matter what. It's funny people believing that UK will suddenly change the way world politics work. Of course they could make good points. Russia might be very interested, Turkey and North Korea might too. And China - well, you don't want them to sell everything even cheaper as they currently do. Their prices would be unbeatable.

Could be really funny.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2016-06-26 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette55 View Post
    Eh, if it had ended up 52/48 for remain then Leave would be demanding a new referendum too. Farage said they would before the referendum.

The situation reminded me of this marvellous bit of satire from about 40 years ago.

The "end-game" of creating a disunited Europe is chillingly accurate...

Deleted
    Great detail on the radio today. Although OLD PEOPLE RUINED YOUR FUTURE (lol), only less than 30% of young voters actually did vote.
    Now they're all Facebook warriors, yet when they did have to vote, they were too busy doing stuff. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    To be fair, not as ridiculous as this whole trending "regret" thing and complaining that leave people said wrong things.

How about doing some research on your own for once and not letting politicians spoonfeed you every bit of relevant information in such an immensely important referendum? Geez, it's like some people are incapable of finding information (and thus quickly debunking those populist lies) on their own whatsoever. ~.~
    You really beleive that?

I mean, that's fine and all. But I wouldn't put it past everyone who was pro stay to start hunting down anyone who may make their (defeated) side look good and drum up possibility of a re vote. And considering that 99.99% of the media was pro stay... Well. Even if it is true and they really are finding folks who feel regret, what's the number? A few random folks in the street? A dozen tweets? A survey of a couple hundred?

Unless they can verify like 2.5 million exit voters have changed their minds, it's insignificant and just propoganda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Great detail on the radio today. Although OLD PEOPLE RUINED YOUR FUTURE (lol), only less than 30% of young voters actually did vote.
    Now they're all Facebook warriors, yet when they did have to vote, they were too busy doing stuff. Lol.
    Basically. Now they show just how ignorant they really are.

- Could have made a huge difference in their nation.
    - Sit on their asses.
    - Get upset when they don't get their way.
    - Blame others.
    - Demand we ignore the results and poll again.
    - Suggest revoking rights.

GG millennials. I'm proud to be one of you.