Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    BoE is 805 at the first stage, not sure about the next stages as I can't progress my quest line for it, simply because every item on Beta cost 9.99 mill gold. And I need 3 crafted pieces from other proffessions to progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

This line is such BS when talking about Bloods being BoA...."People with lots of gold can buy a full set of gear and use Obliterum to upgrade it, but they have to play to earn Blood of Sargeras to do so."

Either way we have to play to farm the Blood in the first place, it shouldn't matter if we farm with toon A and use it on toon B.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well with their last response about this i´m satisfied.

There are reasons they can't make Blood of Sargeras Bind on Account. They don't want players to be able to buy a full set of raid gear for gold, especially when you can buy gold through the WoW Token.
    When the wow token came, players were arguing that they were making the game P2win because you can buy the 630 - 675 gear with gold.

7+ Year Old Account
    Paul really sounds like he knows what he's doing and knows what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by kurama View Post
    Well with their last response about this i´m satisfied.

When the wow token came, players were arguing that they were making the game P2win because you can buy the 630 - 675 gear with gold.
    and now they cant ? all they need ot to buy couple of tokens and buy a boost with gear from one of thousands of guilds selling them -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and now they cant ? all they need ot to buy couple of tokens and buy a boost with gear from one of thousands of guilds selling them -_-
    Yes, but not immediately when the raid opens. I´ve never seen any guild selling gear carry in the first weeks of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    This line is such BS when talking about Bloods being BoA...."People with lots of gold can buy a full set of gear and use Obliterum to upgrade it, but they have to play to earn Blood of Sargeras to do so."

Either way we have to play to farm the Blood in the first place, it shouldn't matter if we farm with toon A and use it on toon B.
    100% agree, I was extremely irritated that he didn't actually address why it shouldn't be BoA. Alt-friendly expansion my butt...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ichebu View Post
    100% agree, I was extremely irritated that he didn't actually address why it shouldn't be BoA. Alt-friendly expansion my butt...
    But he did address it...* If they make it BoA people with 5+ alts will bitch and moan on the forums that they are "forced" to do the world quests etc. on all their alts every time the quests are up.

I for one do not want to log in on all my alts every other day to do quests to max the amount of easy BoS I can get. Had enough of that shit with WoD and the multiple garrisons you had to have in order to make a lot of easy money.

* "The team doesn't want you to have to have a full set of alts to play the game as effectively as possible.

If Blood was bound to accounts, the most optimal way to play would be to have lots of characters and do the larger time gated sources that reward Blood of Sargeras and then send it all to your main."

Quote Originally Posted by Adanyt View Post
    But he did address it...* If they make it BoA people with 5+ alts will bitch and moan on the forums that they are "forced" to do the world quests etc. on all their alts every time the quests are up.

I for one do not want to log in on all my alts every other day to do quests to max the amount of easy BoS I can get. Had enough of that shit with WoD and the multiple garrisons you had to have in order to make a lot of easy money.

* "The team doesn't want you to have to have a full set of alts to play the game as effectively as possible.

If Blood was bound to accounts, the most optimal way to play would be to have lots of characters and do the larger time gated sources that reward Blood of Sargeras and then send it all to your main."
    /Thread

Feeling forced to have/use alts to increase the power of your main isn't fun.

I love the crying over this. I remember Frozen Orb was BoP for so long throughout WotLK. This is not a new system they are introducing.

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    I love the crying over this. I remember Frozen Orb was BoP for so long throughout WotLK. This is not a new system they are introducing.
    ya and don't forget in MoP the Spirit's and the Spirit's of Harmony were also BoP as well and it wasn't till the end of MoP or start of WoD did they becoume BoE. i watched the video and he made it very clear NO one will need to drop a crafting prof to get Blood's so people who are Dual crafter's don't need to sit and cry and he also said they are looking in to ways to use it for dual gather's as well just like they did in MoP they added a vendor that we could trade to get other mat's. i for one am in beta and have yet to see any yet but i am not worried about it as can always buy armor off the AH if needed once it is live of course.

That is actually very likely the source of the "crying" for a lot of players. We've been down this path before, and it sucked. It sucked SO MUCH that every time Blizzard eventually reverted the decision and the item BoE. And yet they are doing it again. So now rather than starting out with a more sensible system, we have to wait and hope they spontaneously come to their senses and change it, like they have before. Which makes it ironic in a way because that would indicate that dual crafters should just bunker down and wait, instead of trying to decide which profession to axe. And if the whole approach boils down to "wait until it's BoE" then it might as well be BoE in the first place. It's just dumb all around. And yeah gathered materials are going to be worthless on the AH, just for a different reason than in WoD, but still the result of Blizzard being ridiculous. Thank goodness old content mats still sell well enough to pay for my tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post

Because BoA puts pressure on people to create alts which Blizzard does not want.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

That is actually very likely the source of the "crying" for a lot of players. We've been down this path before, and it sucked. It sucked SO MUCH that every time Blizzard eventually reverted the decision and the item BoE. And yet they are doing it again. So now rather than starting out with a more sensible system, we have to wait and hope they spontaneously come to their senses and change it, like they have before. Which makes it ironic in a way because that would indicate that dual crafters should just bunker down and wait, instead of trying to decide which profession to axe. And if the whole approach boils down to "wait until it's BoE" then it might as well be BoE in the first place. It's just dumb all around. And yeah gathered materials are going to be worthless on the AH, just for a different reason than in WoD, but still the result of Blizzard being ridiculous. Thank goodness old content mats still sell well enough to pay for my tokens.
    Minus the fact that Blizz has said (and there are) ways to earn Bloods outside of gathering. Hell, the handful of Blood I've acquired thus far has been solely from world quests and dungeon bosses. I can count on one hand how many I've found from mining despite having a bank full of ore. This restriction on mats was never truly an issue in older content. Maybe it sucked for the casual player that couldn't spend countless hours farming, but that was about the limit. My main has had Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing since WotLK and I never had issues keeping a supply of Frozen Orbs (or any other BoP mat for that matter) to make whatever I needed.

As an aside, Blizz has stated that one of the reason they're doing this is to give a little power back to professions. I made a living off standing in town watching trade and selling my wares. As time passed and mats became boe, the need for my services dwindled, as well as the expected prices for said services. So much that I stopped doing it altogether. Now, if players don't like the cost of something on the auction house, they can farm the mats through whatever means then either ask for a crafter to make the piece or ship it all to an alt to do themselves (which demands the use of alternate characters that are leveled). This way, I'm able to dictate the cost (within reason, obviously) of what I craft as well as ensuring sales. The people that want to be self-sufficient are able to remain so to a degree while it helps stimulate the player-run economy.

Because BoA puts pressure on people to create alts which Blizzard does not want
    I agree. You should have alts because you want them, not because you feel pressured to as an only means to gain a large surplus of mats.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I agree. You should have alts because you want them, not because you feel pressured to as an only means to gain a large surplus of mats.
    Too bad i felt pressured to make more alts (i had 8 and went to 20 lvl100 toons) to farm the Love Is in The Air mount (I didn't get it btw). When rng is low, bruteforcing is the only way.

That's a bit niche, as the mount is completely optional with no impact on your performance in the game. There are some things that exist which almost demand being an altoholic, but the devs have stated they are attempting to limit some of that pressure.

That's a bit niche, as the mount is completely optional with no impact on your performance in the game. There are some things that exist which almost demand being an altoholic, but the devs have stated they are attempting to limit some of that pressure.
    Its an ugly rocket anyway

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you both about the uglyness of the rocket, but the collector in me will disagree. Anyway, i meant that people sometimes make alts to achieve various stuff in the game (for example the "all professions at max lvl" account wide achievement, or make a certain race/class combo for their guild achievements) and then those alts end up used anyway. Players of long time like me (11years) are possible to have more useful alts than the majority of players and this is apart of an old game with a faithful playerbase. Veterans do have an advantage, want it or not, in various game aspects (for example Wardrobe in Legion)

As someone with a double gatherer who likes being able to gather efficiently, I don't want to feel like I am losing a significant part of my gathering value by having BoS being worthless to me. Opening up a third professions slot could fix that - could even make it a gold sink to unlock it. Making BoS be BoA would work. Adding in a trader who can exchange BoS for other items of value would work. Giving gatherers some sort of extra recipe to convert BoS to more of their own gathering mats could also work.

There are many options, I just hope blizzard does something. Hearing their reasoning of "we don't like to force people to do X" and then feeling forced to change my preferred playstyle just sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotch View Post
    As someone with a double gatherer who likes being able to gather efficiently, I don't want to feel like I am losing a significant part of my gathering value by having BoS being worthless to me. Opening up a third professions slot could fix that - could even make it a gold sink to unlock it. Making BoS be BoA would work. Adding in a trader who can exchange BoS for other items of value would work. Giving gatherers some sort of extra recipe to convert BoS to more of their own gathering mats could also work.

There are many options, I just hope blizzard does something. Hearing their reasoning of "we don't like to force people to do X" and then feeling forced to change my preferred playstyle just sucks.
    I would love to have a 3rd profession slot per character, and I would not mind it being a gold sink, as long as the amount is reasonable.