Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hehe, I never used this. Haters gonna hate though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i think people are blowing this WAAAAAAY too far out, yes providing feedback is fine, going to the forums saying "i dont like this, heres why" but making passive aggressive statements, calling blizzard names, failures, telling them to kill themselves, or personally harrasing members of staff... is not a good way to get things done.... they have made changes like this in the pass, and gone off them, the water strider for example, so if they see enough feedback about this, they may go back on it, but nothing good comes from being a general prick... they are people too, sometimes they make mistakes
    Stop the fanboying. The mistakes have been piling up since WoD. Lots of "design" intentions and decisions, lots of player outcry, lots of Blizzard folding back. This is no coincidence everytime. They have lost touch with their playerbase, their loyal playerbase (i count myself in it, being a non-stop player for 11 years and adding up to 3 current WoW accounts in this duration) and they are making decisions that alienate that playerbase. We have lost faith in BLizzard and being polite about their decisions is past due. Only anger comes with every shitty change (like this) they are doing.

The leadership of Devs works for years at Blizzard. Maybe they should gtfo to learn and re-love their game. I get it they need to show change to excuse their salaries, but this is getting out of hand.

Deleted
    The screenshot they posted is very misleading. They have completely removed the UI. Remove the UI on your client too and see how the character gives the subjective impression it's more "Far".

7+ Year Old Account
    I like how many of the blizz fanboys explain and apologice their behaviour with: The´re also just humans they make mistakes too.
    So when you get told that what you´re trying to do is shit over and over again in a beta then you go and do it and when it´s live even more people hate it and you´re forced to rewind it how´s that called "make a mistake"?
    They´re fucking retarted but you can count on the fanboys to come for their rescue.

Not looking forward to this, i max distance out a fair bit during raids.

So what is the actual point in changing something that doesn't really need to be changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Not looking forward to this, i max distance out a fair bit during raids.
    +1, really sad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So what is the actual point in changing something that doesn't really need to be changed?
    Like they wrote in the post? Gives certain players an advantage, doesn't match the vision of their game.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2016-06-26 at 10:42 AM.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Like wrote in the post? Gives certain players an advantage, doesn't match the vision of their game.
    It's something anyone can use, so if it gives them an advantage then use it yourself? that's like saying add ons give certain players advantages so remove them as well, certain mice and keyboards give certain players an advantage so remove them as well, how the fuck does that make sense? if you want to zoom the camera out then why can't you? don't try to justify bullshit with even more bullshit.

Since Blizzard keep having this discussions on the US forums and we still can't post there we need everyone on the US to tell them this is not ok.

Like wrote in the post? Gives certain players an advantage, doesn't match the vision of their game.
    So excuses basically? Never felt I ever had an advantage and I played pretty much every role.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't give more of an advantage than using addons over not using addons
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

It doesn't give anybody an advantage, it's freely available in the game(and that argument is such a slippery slope that could be used to argue for removing basically anything in the game), and you can find the commands for it with a simple google search. The "vision of their game" stuff is bullshit. It's "matched their vision of the game" for 10+ years, so they know it's there and can design around it. There's no justification for making the game worse(both in terms of playability, but also because the new camera actually causes people discomfort in the form of motionsickness or claustrophobia)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-06-26 at 10:43 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    It's something anyone can use, so if it gives them an advantage then use it yourself? that's like saying add ons give certain players advantages so remove them as well, certain mice and keyboards give certain players an advantage so remove them as well, how the fuck does that make sense? if you want to zoom the camera out then why can't you? don't try to justify bullshit with even more bullshit.
    The argument that everyone can use it will still never make everyone use something. I just quoted Watcher, just because you don't like their reason it doesn't mean they didn't give one.

Deleted
    Oh come on! I call major bullshit on that poll, why the hell would you play zoomed out to the point where you can barely see your character.

They are not nerfing the actual zoomdistance, they are just removing the console command to unlock stupidly far out zooms. And fair enough tbh, the game is very playable without that level of zoom and I see no reason why it should be in there to begin with.

Done pretty much all the content this game has to offer and NEVER have I needed to zoom out more than the base game allows me to :S

The argument that everyone can use it will still never make everyone use something. I just quoted Watcher, just because you don't like their reason it doesn't mean they didn't give one.
    Everybody can use keybinds, but not everybody does. Better remove those, they give an advantage.
    Everybody can use addons, but not everybody does. Better block all of them, they give an advantage.
    Everybody can use consumables, but not everybody does. Better remove those from the game, they give an advantage.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Oh come on! I call major bullshit on that poll, why the hell would you play zoomed out to the point where you can barely see your character.
    Why do you need to see your character? It's always in the center.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    Since Blizzard keep having this discussions on the US forums and we still can't post there we need everyone on the US to tell them this is not ok.
    Make a trial account.

Wow, now you can post. Amazing I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Not everyone that uses the command goes all the way. But the default UI options just don't suffice.

I have raided from the end of BC through all of Cata and never had to unlock max camera. From normal to heroic modes i have never had a problem as a ranged or melee player getting enough information to tell me whats going on in a fight, be it what im standing in, what a boss is casting, where a mob is spawning from.

I seriously dont know what everyones complaining about. Boss size doesnt matter. i fought that guy in firelands where u gotta hit his feet to turn him and it doesnt matter how far your camera is zoomed if u dont dodge shit or kill adds u wipe. Stuff on the ground is stuff on the ground, dont act like u cant see it unless ur camera is zoomed way way beyond what they intend.

You can play the game perfectly fine.

Deleted
    Like they wrote in the post? Gives certain players an advantage, doesn't match the vision of their game.
    Like buying gold and boosts you mean?