Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post

Or we make a bigger step. How about disabling all addons? Then the game is the way the designers want it to be, not some "cheaters" that add new functions and features. Blizzard knows what's best and all quality of life addons are not needed anyway!
    Dude this would be perfect. Would definetly put a stop to the arms race that is currently on raid bosses. Devs have to make more and more complicated mechanics (M Archie says hi) because they KNOW we will be cheesing them with weak auras/dbm gimmiks. They just balance encounters around ppl having addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flakstorm View Post
    Dude this would be perfect. Would definetly put a stop to the arms race that is currently on raid bosses. Devs have to make more and more complicated mechanics (M Archie says hi) because they KNOW we will be cheesing them with weak auras/dbm gimmiks. They just balance encounters around ppl having addons.
    That actually does sound pretty good.

This is one of the best threads ever. Laughing my ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    That actually does sound pretty good.
    If you want to lose the remaining 4 million subs and go F2P, sure.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Camera change is objectively a downgrade, yet there's people still defending Blizzard for it. And they say there's no shills or blizzard fanboys on here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Edit: also wtf is this alt+tabbing. It gives you unfair advantage over players who don't know how to read wowhead to see which quest leads to another. Lock the game so you can't alt+tab! ALSO it is rude towards devs to alt+tab away from the game and not see all those graphics they've made.
    Thank god thats a windows function hardly to be screwed up by blizznubs, but how about disabling all boss-mods and wa on anything above normal? ^^ they could also disable macros...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Thank god thats a windows function hardly to be screwed up by blizznubs, but how about disabling all boss-mods and wa on anything above normal? ^^ they could also disable macros...
    There are games that somehow manage to prevent alt+tab... of they could just remove windowed mode, because it's an advantage. And WoW will display black on any other monitors that are pluged in, to prevent you from reading a guide because advantage!

Quote Originally Posted by Nofunallowed View Post
    Camera change is objectively a downgrade, yet there's people still defending Blizzard for it. And they say there's no shills or blizzard fanboys on here
    Not overreacting and/or hating on them for something that has minimal impact (despite being a needless change) != defending Blizzard.

I find it annoying and immersion breaking that I don't have to type out each spell I cast in wingdings to simulate what chanting magic would would be like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Woo-hoo, posting in a shit thread!
    Suddenly everyone seems to use console commands.
    If anyone actually believes the poll on the frontpage they should check themselves into a hospital.
    Seeing how its been hovering around that 75% mark since I first checked it with 6900 votes, and that the people voting in it are pretty much the target audience. You have either one hell of a conspiracy theory going or you actually believe a handful of people voted multiple thousand times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Not overreacting and/or hating on them for something that has minimal impact (despite being a needless change) != defending Blizzard.
    Nice way to explain away all the people who are actually defending them and saying this was somehow a "needed" change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Give it 2 weeks after release and there will be programms to modify the camera distance even more then before.

Honestly, take a look at Diablo 3 they are adding more and more features to the game that were previously only for cheaters, because they make sense in the game... but in WoW they remove such things because "people have an unfair advantage"... great way to promote cheating tools blizzard
    Yeah let's compare a single player(with limited co-op) game that has no real competitive edge to a MMO where they do have things to be competitive about. Like PVP, or world first Raiding. Things where such a camera distance would give you an advantage, especially in PVP, where seeing that warrior coming from behind 1 second earlier could change the outcome of the fight.

To be fair, I can see the arguments from both sides in my own clearly cynical way but really, I think Blizzard is quite honestly jealous of third party addons that add something fundamentally lacking to the game. I could go on and say that people in a position of power are usually likely to abuse it but that's going way out of the box. In this case, is the change needed? Absolutely not. Could they be even bigger dicks and take more stuff from us in the future. Absolutely probably. Is it their game to twist, contort and downgrade as they choose? Unfortunately, yes.

And let's hope they don't remove our ability to put our spells where we want on our action bars... There would be riots and fires...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Yeah let's compare a single player(with limited co-op) game that has no real competitive edge to a MMO where they do have things to be competitive about. Like PVP, or world first Raiding. Things where such a camera distance would give you an advantage, especially in PVP, where seeing that warrior coming from behind 1 second earlier could change the outcome of the fight.
    oh i'm sorry I thought the fact I need to play online with the rest of the playerbase fullfiled the requirements of massive, multiplayer and online for an MMO. And still, people will get these advantages if the game allows it or not. How would Blizzard actually see if you changed a skin or the fov?

Quote Originally Posted by Nofunallowed View Post
    Nice way to explain away all the people who are actually defending them and saying this was somehow a "needed" change.
    Haven't seen anyone/many people doing that myself, but honestly they aren't any worst than the people going "herp derp they also need to remove addons/ui scaling/whatever because it also offers an unfair advantage".

Yes it was an unneeded change. Yes the reasoning wasn't the best, and it would probably have been a better solution to just allow to get to the command's max camera distance through the UI, instead of removing the command. But it really isn't that much of a big deal.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-06-26 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Woo-hoo, posting in a shit thread!
    Suddenly everyone seems to use console commands.
    If anyone actually believes the poll on the frontpage they should check themselves into a hospital.
    You underestimate how easy it was to change zoom. Its not a command you run every time, its something you type once after installing WoW and forget about it. Reinstalled WoW or created new account, but don't remember how to change zoom? Ask in trade, you'll get answer in seconds and few replies "awesome stuff, didn't know about it" from other players.

Then you are forgetting you are not on website where casual players hang out. This is website for active fans, most are either raiders or PvPers, not typical lowest common denominator you'll find in LFR.

I think poll results on front page are reasonable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I agree that the camera change was unnecessary, but I also think that it's not a big deal. You see plenty enough after (see the comparison pictures on front page). You guys are just whining for the sake of it.
    Yep, we just complain because it's funny being forced to zoom in by 50%.

It's especially funny as melee, or on big ass bosses, or people getting sick playing zoomed in like this.

I am going to go with the removal of all mounts ground and flying mounts. Making all the mounts that you have collected only spawn like the darkmoon fair stationary kiddie ride thing, that would be their only use. Also remove flight paths and make your characters only walk no running allowed you might fall on your sword or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    I am going to go with the removal of all mounts ground and flying mounts. Making all the mounts that you have collected only spawn like the darkmoon fair stationary kiddie ride thing, that would be their only use. Also remove flight paths and make your characters only walk no running allowed you might fall on your sword or something.
    Guild Wars 2? :P

They could fix the capability of it's playerbase to complain about everything. But sadly that will never change.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.