Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    It is relatively fast. I have played my Druid maybe 1 hour per night for a week, and am already 108, and have not focused on speed leveling. Been more into exploring and paying attention to the lore.
    Wow that's fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it didnt feel that long to me, not nearly as long as other expansions. I enjoyed myself, never felt rushed and never felt like i stayed too long in one zone. Leveling experience was fantastic for me. I hope they will do more experience boost potions, maybe alchemist crafted.

Deleted
    It is possible to do it in 12 hours without rushing like crazy, while still leveling fast.
    For me both in alpha and beta it was more around 20 hours as both time I was exploring and being casual .. so my bet would be somewhere around that, if you want to enjoy the leveling process and explore.
    Ps: Didn't do any profession stuff at all -it might change it a bit, as you gain XP from herb \ mining stuff. But then again, I didn't search for them which saved me a bit time.

Took me about 1hr 30min-2hr15min per level. I remember 109 was actually the fatest went 109-110 in like 1hr 30mins. Finished the 4 level zones (all story chapters done) and had 2 more story chapters left in my final leveling zones after reaching 110. Leveling EXP seems about perfect I had only done 1 dungeon during leveling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    8 hours was like the original exp settings. Right now I'd say 14-20 would be the norm. Regardless you kind of HAVE to do all quest in each zone to get least friendly with emissaries to unlock World Quests. I guess you can rush but you'd end up back tracking ass it is to catch up to unlock WQ. People are seriously underestimating the importance of World Questing for toon advancement, especially with offspec/ats
    i was able to do about a qauter of highmountains to get freindly, you seem to get honored if you do all of them

also for me to reach max level it took me about 12 hours (this is on beta so alot of bugs/lag/dcing+ i was reporting bugs, also doing professions and doing the quests that maybe dont give a ton of exp off in my hall/dalaran)

i found a good dictate is it takes about 3 zones, if you do the dungeons at the end, and alos do a few off quests
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    8-9 hours of casual gameplay.

28 hours as healer. I was done in 3 zones (I went Stormheim->Highmountain->Azsuna) but finished every single quest and did 10+ 5mans (which was a mistake in hindsight). I'll probably go much faster on live, no need to read everything anymore and hopefully the bugs will be gone.

Deleted
    Have levelled 4 chars to 110 on the beta, quickest I have done it was 7 Hours 30 or so. Longest was the 1st char which was 12 hours or so, but he was the guinea pig that found all the npc's you need to kill hidden in caves where the entrance to the cave is nowhere near the mob is indicated on the map

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    This fucking shit again...

What makes you so sure that the people who are looking to speed through things haven't already read all the text, explored everything and done everything before? Some people also does everything you do just a lot faster. Don't judge other people for their way of playing making it look like yours is the correct way.
    Speed leveling and reading texts/understanding lore are two fundamentally contradicting activities. The whole point of speed leveling is ignoring the quest description, or any other cinematic/description for that matter, and optimizing the time it takes to max level. Sometimes, you even ignore the quests and just farm mobs etc. You either don't know what "looking for speed" in WoW leveling terms, or you are like the guy who quoted.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-06-26 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    No one reads quest text.
    Just to pitch in here - Let's be real. I allways read questtexts on my main. no so much on alts afterwards.

You shouldn't take the beta leveling time as a measurement imo.
    XP requirements for each level have always been increased significantly in prior expansions before the game went live.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutilus View Post
    Howdy all, I was just wondering for those lucky enough to be on beta, how long does it seem to be taking to quest up to 110?
    thanks in advance!
    First run through not know any of the zones did it as a prot pally in ~8 hours. Should be nearly 6 on live with a group of 5 and knowing the quests and not being a 680 premade char and using our 745 mains.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Just to pitch in here - Let's be real. No one reads quest text.
    Let's be totally real. You're wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been practicing a bit over the past few weeks and have been averaging about 35-45 minutes per level, while noticeably slowing down towards the end. Can definitely improve on these times with a levelling partner or two. I'd imagine levelling as a group of 5 geared players would be the fastest method.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Speed leveling and reading texts/understanding lore are two fundamentally contradicting activities. The whole point of speed leveling is ignoring the quest description, or any other cinematic/description for that matter, and optimizing the time it takes to max level. Sometimes, you even ignore the quests and just farm mobs etc. You either don't know what "looking for speed" in WoW leveling terms, or you are like the guy who quoted.
    Did you even read what I wrote? How do you know that the player hasn't taken his / her time before and therefore is speeding through everything.

I am the guy who reads and does everything on beta and then gets to max level first on my server on release.

Deleted
    6 to 8 hours should be no problem if u rush

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    This fucking shit again...

What makes you so sure that the people who are looking to speed through things haven't already read all the text, explored everything and done everything before? Some people also does everything you do just a lot faster. Don't judge other people for their way of playing making it look like yours is the correct way.
    Reading comprehension is hard. I didn't judge anyone...so tune down the tude a bit. I said different people have different play styles...never said one was correct. You can see by the responses how different times can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    Not long at all, I didn't even get to suramar before 110. Started at azsuna and went clockwise. Half way through finishing stormhiem I maxed out. I also did every quest and read everything along the way. I think it took me three nights, maybe 15~ 20 hours total
    That's because you can't do suramar before 110.

It isn't that long. When it was a premade toon it felt a lot slower. But once I copied over my character with mythic gear the first 3-4 levels were so cheese it wasn't even funny.

15 hours for the average person.

Can probably be done in 10 or less with ideal pathing