Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Do we ever really kill demons?

Hi,

so demons can not be killed in our realm, only in the twisting nether right?

When do we ever actually go to the twisting nether to kill these demons for good?

Broken shores is just a place, it isnt the twisting nether is it? it is still in our realm.

Also in the broken shore invasion event. Before the end where all those big demons appear and say stuff like 'I HAVE RETURNED'

I get the impression those 3 big demons that speak have been in the game before, is that true?

Deleted
    We usually dont kill demons for good but it usually takes them considerable effort to leave the twisting nether.

Those demons that return, are those:
    Lord Jaraxxus, Brutallus and Tichondrius the Darkener? The first is from the Argentum Tournament, second is from Sunwell plateau and the third was killed by Illidan in WC3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    We usually dont kill demons for good but it usually takes them considerable effort to leave the twisting nether.

Those demons that return, are those:
    Lord Jaraxxus, Brutallus and Tichondrius the Darkener? The first is from the Argentum Tournament, second is from Sunwell plateau and the third was killed by Illidan in WC3.
    ah ok yes it is those demons, thanks for that

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    Hi,

in the nether or on a heavily fel infested planet.

Formerly known as Arafal

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    Is the latter part even true? If so, source?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    illidan novel.
    or chronicles, one of them.

Formerly known as Arafal

funny and yet demons killed on Marduum (who is Fel saturated ) are not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    funny and yet demons killed on Marduum (who is Fel saturated ) are not dead.
    Which one of the demons that were actually slain there return? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Which one of the demons that were actually slain there return? Just curious.
    Demon Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Since the entire series is fictional, nothing is "true," nor is it set in stone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon Hunters.
    They do die, what are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    Hi,

When do we ever actually go to the twisting nether to kill these demons for good?

Broken shores is just a place, it isnt the twisting nether is it? it is still in our realm.

Also in the broken shore invasion event. Before the end where all those big demons appear and say stuff like 'I HAVE RETURNED'

I get the impression those 3 big demons that speak have been in the game before, is that true?
    Well we should have killed a bunch in BC by Blizzards own rules. Outland is in the Twisting Nether AND fel magic is highly concentrated there. But they wanted to have Illidan and some well known demons return so they conveniently forgot about all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    They do die, what are you talking about?
    their soul can return to their bodies. Twisting Nether is where their soul is kept when they die.

7+ Year Old Account
    their soul can return to their bodies. Twisting Nether is where their soul is kept when they die.
    its kinda strange, only 2 demon hunters die there, the guy who cant metamorph and explodes because his body cant handle that shit
    and in one quest you can choose between sacrificing an ally or sacrificing yourself, if you choose him he does die, but if you choose yourself you dont.
    you are basically the only demon hunter who cant die.

i think blizz is fcking their own rules.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-06-25 at 06:56 PM. Reason: because bullshit logic.

Formerly known as Arafal

its kinda strange, only 2 demon hunters die there, the guy who cant metamorph and explodes because his body cant handle that shit
    and in one quest you can choose between sacrificing an ally or sacrificing yourself, if you choose him he does die, but if you choose yourself you dont.
    you are basically the only demon hunter who cant die.

i think blizz is fcking their own rules.
    yeah its kinda weird. I think only those who are very powerful can return to their bodies. other Demon Hunters are stuck in the Twisting Nether.

Um, well, the Auchenai are able to bind souls to the physical plane or to objects and they have created weapons with the purpose of permanently destroying souls. It's too bad they will probably never get more screen time than the 5 seconds they had in WoD and their abilities and weapons will never be used for that purpose because reasons.

yeah its kinda weird. I think only those who are very powerful can return to their bodies. other Demon Hunters are stuck in the Twisting Nether.
    I actually think this makes sense. More powerful demons or Demon Hunters can return more easily, and the fel saturation only makes it more difficult. If a planet is saturated enough, then no demon can return, no matter how powerful (which is how I imagine Argus would be). That's my head canon, at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect. It has to do with how immersed a world is in the energies of the Twisting Nether, not with the world being corrupted by fel magic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Incorrect. It has to do with how immersed a world is in the energies of the Twisting Nether, not with the world being corrupted by fel magic.
    well, thanks for clarifying that.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    And yet Kazzak returns after he was killed in Outland that is floating in the Nether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.