Poll: World Quest, Do you like this IDEA?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    The "min maxing" of everything is one of WoWs weaks actually. That, and its built in meritocracy.

Blizzard would do well on discouraging both.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Greetings everyone! In the next test build we will be unlocking the World Quests feature, which will play a major role in the endgame content of Legion.

At BlizzCon, we spoke briefly about World Quests, and since then we have been busy adding and iterating on this system. We now have well over 300 World Quests ready for testing. Before you dive in on the test realms, we’ve got details for you.

What are World Quests?
    World Quests represent our new approach to end game questing, with a few key differences from other systems such as daily quests.

First, you don’t have to head to a daily quest hub to gather up quests. Once you’ve unlocked World Quests, simply open up your map and look around. You will see a variety of things to do, including which loot and reputation gains you can earn from each activity. You’ll plan your adventure, then head out into the wilds.

Second, World Quests encompass many types of gameplay. World Quests will show you quests, rare elite spawns, rare spawns, pet battles, outdoor PvP activities, world bosses, special dungeon activities, profession activities, and more. Want to know what there is to do in Azeroth today? Just open your map!

Third, and perhaps most importantly, World Quests aren’t daily. Some World Quests will stick around for a week, such as world bosses, while others will rotate every three hours, such as PvP towers. Our goal is for your map to be an evolving landscape of engagements throughout the day, where interesting things can pop up periodically, rather than on a strictly daily basis.

What are Emissaries?
    Emissaries are the representatives of the major factions in Legion. Each day, you’ll receive a new emissary quest which will automatically appear on your map of Broken Isles.

To complete the Emissary quest, simply finish four World Quests that are associated with that faction. This will reward you with a lucrative cache of loot. Most World Quest types will satisfy this requirement, allowing you to choose which activities best fit your gameplay style.

Each Emissary quest will be available for three days. If you forgot to log in yesterday, that emissary quest will be available for two more days, and you’ll also have a new one. You can have up to three Emissary quests active at once.

I believe loot was mentioned?
    Yes! World Quests provide many types of loot, including toys, mounts, battle pets, and even power items. While many items are still works in progress, our main goal here is to provide you with a variety of activities and rewards that will evolve with your character, keeping World Quests viable for a long time.

How are World Quests unlocked?
    As soon as you hit level 110, World Quests will become available to you.

We’re looking forward to your feedback on this feature. Please bring it here to this new discussion forum so that we can talk as we test World Quests with you.

Thanks!

I'm assuming by next build you don't mean the one today? As it wasn't mentioned in design notes
    Yes, World Quests are in the build coming today.

You will be able to level to 110.

Oh, and World PvP objectives are a part of World Quests? YESSS, love it. @Holinka Just hope it won't be queued or phased.
    Most of them are open FFA arenas, sometimes involving riding a goat. Embrace the world PvP! (Muffinus)

Will reason be provided as to why our characters will do them? Like, how do they know things are going on on the map?
    Quest text will be given to you via a Talking Head when you start/finish the quest, and are tied to the zone's quest story. (Muffinus)

For those of us who hate PvP more than GC hated Paladins, I assume the PvP objectives are fully optional?
    Both PvEvP (PvE that flags you) and full PvP objectives will be available. Both grant honor. (Muffinus)
    That's not my question. Can I complete all reputation besides the inevitable PvP one with just pure PvE quests?
    Yes (there is currently no PvP reputation). (Muffinus)

Legion : Worlds Quests
    Currently, World Quests can drop power items all the way up to top-tier raid loot.

With the usual caveat that the frequency, distribution, and item levels possible are in a very early state and subject to change.

More challenging content will have a higher chance at an awesome or unique reward. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Thanks for pointing that out ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Just watched Mythic raiders wipe to a world quest, grouped with other people (5-man objective).

It's already better than WoD endgame world shit.
    This is great news!!!

thanks for the updates

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I like the variety both in terms of content, and the duration's meaning we aren't limited to a pre-determined narrow selection every day.
    If you don't like the old daily quest format, then you have alternative objectives such as PvP which can get you the same results.
    You can do a lot more objectives per with less of the daily quest gating, or do very few per day completely optionally.
    Yeah, I am on your same wibe.

You Should have many paths to choose from.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    The "min maxing" of everything is one of WoWs weaks actually. That, and its built in meritocracy.

Blizzard would do well on discouraging both.
    what do you mean?

I dont get the big deal. Its just the same as the Isle of Thunder dailies but without a story line built around it. Why is this being marketted as some big new system?

It'll be fun for a week then become a boring grind as the repetition, lack of story line (unless they add them) and lack of reward kick in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    what do you mean?
    Items lose meaning the more RNG they become.

Legion is RNG built on RNG built on RNG. Items lose meaning when they are absolutely nothing but a number.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I always wanted to PAY for the pleasure of running a more limited version of diablo bounties..
    Wrath baby and proud of it

I think it is a great idea. I just hope they keep adding new ones and it doesn't become the same quests just repeating over and over. I also hope these quests contain some lore and are relevant to the storyline and aren't just some random quest out there.

I do like the idea a lot for 3 main reasons:

1) First of all, they won't be 3 quests to be done over and over until the end of time.
    2) The whole continent will be the zone you visit to do quests, not only tanaan like now (that felt like a prison to me, honestly)
    3) It will give the idea that you're taking part to something that is alive, events going on throughout the continent etc.

Blizz should check how GW2 makes the world content work, they have world events where players can gather and participate without any problem. That imho gives a strong point to the general feeling of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    I always wanted to PAY for the pleasure of running a more limited version of diablo bounties..
    Yeah i prefer PAYING to sit semi afk in my garrison as well.

I'm not allowed to say what i really think reading that post, but "points down to signature"

I like the world quests idea. Looking forward to it.

i like the but i hate being forced into them to get rep in order to continue the story i wouldn't mind if i had finished the story and the rep grind was for revered and exalted

for those that dont know there is a faction in suramar called the nightfallen at the start you get enough quests to last you till half way through friendly, so in order to reach honored to get more quests you are FORCED to do world quests for 25-100 rep a world quest.

its even worse once you hit honored there's only one extra story line and that only gives about 800 rep so your about 1k into honored and you need to grind another 7k via world quests to unlock the dungeons (not sure if they give rep) i liked the idea till they forced it down my throat with this faction
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2016-06-26 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i like the but i hate being forced into them to get rep in order to continue the story i wouldn't mind if i had finished the story and the rep grind was for revered and exalted

for those that dont know there is a faction in suramar called the nightfallen at the start you get enough quests to last you till half way through friendly, so in order to reach honored to get more quests you are FORCED to do world quests for 25-100 rep a world quest.

its even worse once you hit honored there's only one extra story line and that only gives about 800 rep so your about 1k into honored and you need to grind another 7k via world quests to unlock the dungeons (not sure if they give rep) i liked the idea till they forced it down my throat with this faction
    Well gating stuff behind a faction was so so popular in MoP, so clearly they had to do it again to a more extreme level.

Blizzard never learns from their mistakes. Ever.

Legion is a testament to this as they keep adding stuff they once removed for good reason and hoping that this time players somehow like it. Or just keeping things that people flat out despised (garrison missions)
    Last edited by Toppy; 2016-06-26 at 01:03 PM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Well gating stuff behind a faction was so so popular in MoP, so clearly they had to do it again to a more extreme level.

Legion is a testament to this as they keep adding stuff they once removed for good reason and hoping that this time players somehow like it. Or just keeping things that people flat out despised (garrison missions)
    i get the feeling that they will have to change some stuff in suramar coz i doubt many will bother with the huge ass grind unless their profession plans are there or they want to do the dungeons but by the time you hit the 8k honored rep requirement raid will most likely be open anyway.

as for profession plans its mostly tailoring and enchanting plans that are locked behind exulted with the rogue neck and a shoulder enchant plan there also

Majority do. Minority will bitch and moan. Simple. No matter what is introduced every expansion a minority of whiny loud mouthed players will complain.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

1. its a minor amount of stuff being gated, and its not that hard to get

2. they have learned many times, for example they undid the thing with the water strider, also learned not to make events like the anqirag event again cause god danm, they have also learnt how to make better and better bosses, having learnt from mistakes like "oh dont have enough frost mages? yall better go get frost enchants" and "need 8 tanks with a full teir set bonus each"

3. the mission table was not the bad part of the garrison, the rest of it was, the free minerals, the self supply as you never needed to leave your garrison to keep it operational, the free herbs, the free stuff from all the buildings, the table was one of the only decent parts, as it was just "click a few buttons"

- - - Updated - - -

i get the feeling that they will have to change some stuff in suramar coz i doubt many will bother with the huge ass grind unless their profession plans are there or they want to do the dungeons but by the time you hit the 8k honored rep requirement raid will most likely be open anyway.

as for profession plans its mostly tailoring and enchanting plans that are locked behind exulted with the rogue neck and a shoulder enchant plan there also
    to get to the dungeons is not that much of a grind really... i spent maybe 6 hours farming/questing there and have unlocked the first dungeon, also keep in mind come launch will be less lag (hopefully) and alot more people willing to work together to get stuff done faster, as it was a bitch to find some help for some boss quests/hard to kill rares
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    to get to the dungeons is not that much of a grind really... i spent maybe 6 hours farming/questing there and have unlocked the first dungeon, also keep in mind come launch will be less lag (hopefully) and alot more people willing to work together to get stuff done faster, as it was a bitch to find some help for some boss quests/hard to kill rares
    they changed the requirements since then the arcway is no longer unlocked at half way through friendly my shamans 1k through honored and i havent unlocked it i have been told that they both unlock at 8k through honored i cant confirm this as i don't have the rep but as it curently stands it will be a drag trying to get attuned for them and for most it wont be worth the effort.

i have left some feedback on the beta forums on how it is currently and what i would change to make it better

7+ Year Old Account
    they changed the requirements since then the arcway is no longer unlocked at half way through friendly my shamans 1k through honored and i havent unlocked it i have been told that they both unlock at 8k through honored i cant confirm this as i don't have the rep but as it curently stands it will be a drag trying to get attuned for them and for most it wont be worth the effort.

i have left some feedback on the beta forums on how it is currently and what i would change to make it better
    have you been doing the withered army quest? that gives a TON of rep

have you been doing the withered army quest? that gives a TON of rep
    tried to do it a few times but every time i got in i either just lagged out so badly i failed instantly or disconnected alot and was kicked out i also hate the fact that you need to have 800 mana before you are able to give hr 400. also how much rep dose it actually give?

7+ Year Old Account
    tried to do it a few times but every time i got in i either just lagged out so badly i failed instantly or disconnected alot and was kicked out i also hate the fact that you need to have 800 mana before you are able to give hr 400. also how much rep dose it actually give?
    hm i was able to buy the 400 one with only 430

also its based on the better you do

basicly you kill mobs, you get withered you can collect more, but they can also die if your not carful, and can run away if you dont catch them, you can find more though, and can find chests that contain upgrades for future runs, but cost a sertin amount of followers

so for example i started with 8, whent in killed a bunch, got 2 more, lost 2 who ran away, found a chest that cost 5, bought it, had 3 left, killed some more before they ran away/died

i got about 800 rep, and a item that gives my withered 25% more health in any future missions, and one that gives me a withered on a mana stalker in each mission after

hm i was able to buy the 400 one with only 430

also its based on the better you do

basicly you kill mobs, you get withered you can collect more, but they can also die if your not carful, and can run away if you dont catch them, you can find more though, and can find chests that contain upgrades for future runs, but cost a sertin amount of followers

so for example i started with 8, whent in killed a bunch, got 2 more, lost 2 who ran away, found a chest that cost 5, bought it, had 3 left, killed some more before they ran away/died

i got about 800 rep, and a item that gives my withered 25% more health in any future missions, and one that gives me a withered on a mana stalker in each mission after
    thats nice hopefully when i get 800 man i can actually try it myself thanks for the info