Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Good. Being forced to play on a camera factor that makes the game have feel way to distant in order to be on the same grounds as everyone else is bullshit.

Deleted
    As a tank and a raidleader this is a horrible change. Jesus Christ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Up next: "We have removed the support for UI addons such as DBM, Bartender, TellMeWhen, BigWig and the likes to even out the playing field. Many players are simply not aware of addons that enhance your effectivenes and as such the game shouldn't give those that do an edge!"...
    "We removed keybindings, because some people clicked the buttons and we thing keybindings give an unfair advantage over those who click!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    The hectic camera movement that comes with being zoomed in that far gives me a bloody headache. Will see what options come up. But it might be the end of WoW for me.
    There will be third-party programs that will give you camera control like you never had before... I have a tool that detached the camera from my player, so I can play rogue with the viewpoint of a mage. Problem is, the tool is bugged as hell and has problems reattaching... but when the need for such tools grows better ones will come along.

Quote Originally Posted by uxzuigal View Post
    Good. Being forced to play on a camera factor that makes the game have feel way to distant in order to be on the same grounds as everyone else is bullshit.
    You were never forced to do anything before. This is actually forcing those of us who used the command.

Poll should of had a third option "No but i would of if i had known it was possible"

Deleted
    It is a horrible change for raiding ....

Next change : "we removed third person view camera because we believe the player should see what the character see".
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-06-26 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    OMG what a horrible change! How it gives unfair advantage in wow it does in starcraft but here there is no fog of war and you can see up to render distance anyway. OMFG whoever came up with this ide needs to be kicked in the nuts... repeatedly...

Deleted
    Rarely used this command, cause i hate to not see my character... also never had a problem with only seeing the feet of big bosses as melee, it was just always fine for me... but don't understand the decision either. The argument for removing this command is really dumb

Why not dynamically change the maximum distance based on the content the user is experiencing? E.g. make it bigger when fighting huge raid bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played with the console command ever since I first entered the game. I thought the camera was too close, so I searched for a camera distance macro for WoW. There was one, and now 11 years later it's gone. Why?
    If you make the argument that it gave an unfair advantage over those not knowing about it you should just remove addon support as well. There are a bunch of people who don't know of addons or certain addons and there are people who can make their own addons and never share it with the public. If you first start going down this road, you can't stop. If you do, you end up looking like you don't take your job seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Make a trial account.

Wow, now you can post. Amazing I know.
    Have you actually tried that?
    Amazing how that is not working at all because you are still locked out from 99% of the forum.

I don't get it, just change the max camera dinstance based on the content being consumed.

This is just awful.
    First thing I had to do with a fresh install, beta or PTR is to google the command, because I could never remember it. Zoomed in game felt really uncomfortable to me, like something suddenly preventing you to do the usual thing you've lived your whole life with.
    Why improve the view distance and the nerf the camera? It's a huge hit to a flying/riding, exploring, questing, and raiding experiences for me. God damn, unbelievable.
    I didn't expect this from me at all, I wasn't that annoyed about my mangled class or game mechanics, another cut zones, garrisons and whatever, but this change made me really really angry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadocat View Post
    Amazing how that is not working at all because you are still locked out from 99% of the forum.
    I have. It works.

Quote Originally Posted by Grodle View Post
    I've played with the console command ever since I first entered the game. I thought the camera was too close, so I searched for a camera distance macro for WoW. There was one, and now 11 years later it's gone. Why?
    Same here, way to kick the players that used this option for a decade in the balls. This change pretty much killed any hype I had for Legion...it's yet another change with the lowest common denominator defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadocat View Post
    It works for the beta forums, so the only ones that actually matter.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    People are annoyed because many of us put a lot of time and effort into raiding and this is, whether you want to acknowledge it or not, Blizzard making that at least a tiny bit harder on us. Their arguments for doing so are absolutely awful as well. Oh you want us to experience your art? Are they even aware that most of us only zoom out on boss fights that require us to have a wide overview of the fight area (Xhulorac being a perfect example) but zoom in to whatever feels right the rest of the time? And this parity between default UI users and those of us with this super secret knowledge of this top secret console command? I didn't realize we still lived in a world where google search didn't exist. So don't fault us for being angry, people have a right to be angry when something they like doing is being changed for reasons that just don't make sense to them.
    Sounds like you need an extra dosage of get good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    You were never forced to do anything before. This is actually forcing those of us who used the command.
    If you wanted to have maximum situational awareness (you want this while progress raiding mythic) - you would most likely run with this command. If not, you'd have less situational awareness than others and be at a disadvantage. Maybe it's not a big disadvantage, but it certianly is a disadvantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I am kinda disappointed. I understand their reasoning. Much like FPS games cap their FOV. This is pretty much the exact thing.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay yeah, let's go ahead and try to enforce player parity.

30 FPS hardcap when?
    Mandatory 1024x768 resolution when?
    Non-modular graphics when?
    Removal of add-ons when?
    Deletion of all third-party helper sites when?