Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Autism is a spectrum, it doesn't always mean that someone is wholly or even severely deficient.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensory_overload

Hence, "The true enemy of humanity is disorder."
    She's an architect obsessed with structure and creating a perfect world. She may be a little OCD, but I don't see her as autistic. And sensory overload doesn't really have to do with Symmetra, I don't think she could handle the fights if her senses were easily overloaded. If anything, I'd think she had extraordinary senses to be able to concentrate with her turrets and portals and everything. She's an overly organized architect obsessed with the image of a perfect world, but I don't see her as having any disabilities because of it.

Isn't autism a social disability? I haven't seen anything yet so far that would be any indication that she has problems communicating, and if aspergers is just a less severe autism, than in your theory she still may not have autism at all but just aspergers. I don't see her having either at all though.
    Last edited by Bryrida; 2016-06-25 at 04:24 AM.
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryrida View Post
    She's an architect obsessed with structure and creating a perfect world. She may be a little OCD, but I don't see her as autistic. And sensory overload doesn't really have to do with Symmetra, I don't think she could handle the fights if her senses were easily overloaded. If anything, I'd think she had extraordinary senses to be able to concentrate with her turrets and portals and everything. She's an overly organized architect obsessed with the image of a perfect world, but I don't see her as having any disabilities because of it.

Isn't autism a social disability? I haven't seen anything yet so far that would be any indication that she has problems communicating, and if aspergers is just a less severe autism, than in your theory she still may not have autism at all but just aspergers. I don't see her having either at all though.
    In her comic she says that she's "on the spectrum"
    So.. She does have some sort of Autism, in lore

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Not existing makes it easier to imagine their private lives.
    Sure, if you have that pervy streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Sure, if you have that pervy streak.
    Which nobody on the internet has!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Well she didn't actually say which spectrum :P

Also based on the wording not clear if that's an actual diagnosis or just her personal self-awareness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Which nobody on the internet has!
    Well I obviously didn't claim nobody had - if you remember, my original post said I wish people like that would get themselves laid, so they wouldn't have to project their sexual pressure on video games. We're kinda back to square one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well she didn't actually say which spectrum :P

Also based on the wording not clear if that's an actual diagnosis or just her personal self-awareness.
    True, I guess. But "being on the spectrum" normally refers to autism of some sort.
    And yeah, I guess she could just THINK she has it. But still, I'd go with her having it

who cares who's gay straight or a helicopter? its a team based fps, maybe if people cared more about the actual game instead of this pointless crap, solo queue wouldnt be so awful

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GasaiYuno951 View Post
    who cares who's gay straight or a helicopter? its a team based fps, maybe if people cared more about the actual game instead of this pointless crap, solo queue wouldnt be so awful
    What does this stuff, on a forum, have to do with solo queue being awful? Which, btw, it isn't. I win ~60% of my solo queue matches. A lot higher than when I queue with others

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Might want to choose your words more wisely next time. But this is interesting, you certainly like to talk about shoving things down your throat.

Relationships are in just about every game, the overwhelming majority of them are straight. So what, every game maker out there should just go get laid....that's all they need? What a ridiculous blanket statement to make.
    GASP! You don't mean like..... real life???

Quote Originally Posted by GasaiYuno951 View Post
    You think the queues are bad because people are too busy wanking to play?

You think the queues are bad because people are too busy wanking to play?
    Do you think McCree would say its high noon right before the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Do you think McCree would say its high noon right before the end?
    "NERF THIS!!!"

"JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABOVE!"

"THE DRAGON BECOMES ME!"

etc :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mormolyce View Post
    "nerf this!!!"

"justice rains from above!"

"the dragon becomes me!"

etc
    let the dragon consume you!!!!

Gay: Junkrat, Tracer, Winston, Lucio and Pharah.

Bi: Genji, Roadhog, Zarya, Hanzo, Widowmaker, D.Va, Symmetra.

Straight: McCree, Reaper, Soldier, Mei, Torbjorn, Reinhardt, Mercy.

Attack Helicopter: Zenyatta, Bastion.

Pretty typical, but it's really just hunches and stereotypes at this point that we have to go by. I actually kinda went off what I know of a lot of the cultures as well; Roadhog, Hanzo, Genji, and D.va all have origin countries or story that hint that they're from societies that promote and accept bisexuality, so they're more likely (to my knowledge) of being bisexual purely on a cultural basis.
    I almost disagree with myself on Zarya not being gay but it's almost more of me expecting that Blizzard would like to subvert with common expectation. Everyone kind of assumes Zarya is a lesbian because of her appearance.

Overall, we'll probably just have to speculate because I get the feeling they'll never actually outright tell us. Maybe some characters will eventually have interactions that hint towards their preference, though.
    I didn't exclude Zenyatta and Bastion because they're robotic, because it's assumed that Genji is also lacking reproductive organs. I put them there because I don't think either of them have sexual interest whatsoever based on their personalities.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-06-27 at 05:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    On the spectrum of being different. Spectrum is a broad term, and sounds like a fancy one Symmetra would use in everyday conversation. The comic makes no mention of autism so it isn't confirmed that she has it in any form.

If they really are hinting at autism, I feel like it's one of those things that if you want autism to be what they're referring to, it is, if not, it isn't. In my opinion, she certainly doesn't act autistic. She acts a little OCD, but seems to have no problem talking to her teammates or remaining calm in hectic situations which is a direct contradiction of autism. I'm not trying to put autistic people down, but I am sick of people labeling anyone with the slightest OCD or social anxiety as autistic when it's a serious disorder.
    Last edited by Bryrida; 2016-06-27 at 11:45 AM.
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Lucio might be gay honestly. He has a line when you pick him on Numbani where he says "This is my kind of city, everyone is free to live as they choose" or something along those lines. Could mean anything but to me it's a hint

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Widowmaker and Pharah have a thing, as when you kill Pharah you alway get the 'it's not you, it's me', or 'I think we should start to see other people' comments. Not sure I've noticed them when killing others.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Why must sexual preference come into games like this in the first place?
    I couldn't agree to this more. It's the left bringing up their regulated life style to another segment of reality and this case a fantasy game. Again, these are the people who wish the government put cameras in the bathroom and regulated their toilet use.

Lets face it... Sexual preference has no merit being discuss in relation to a game or law. If you want to identify with some particular binary gender BS thats fine keep it to yourself and your friends. Who cares?

This is why companies like blizzard companies around the world are forced into this leftest political correctness BS because by nature people are kind at heart and dont want to offend others. But when you get these adults who act like 5 year when they're confronted, companies are forced to spend extra PR money to investigate their own company so they don't offend these minority groups (because thats what they are). They know they will be screwed publically because the media backs the leftist PC ideology and gives them a bigger voice than deserved.

So again please refrain from bringing these discussions into a GAME a FANTASY... leave that stuff at home and if you wanna cry about a system with no hard data keep it to yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

one last thing... I'm going to just call it now that someone from the left in support of this topic will attack me verbally and probably threaten my life. Its a symptom and a problem of that side of ideology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar24 View Post
    Lets face it... Sexual preference has no merit being discuss in relation to a game or law. If you want to identify with some particular binary gender BS thats fine keep it to yourself and your friends. Who cares?
    This has been mentioned countless times in this thread, but I guess I'll repeat that sexuality is already present in the game's backstory. If that's what your entire post hinges on, then I don't see your point at all.
    Last edited by Magicalcrab; 2016-06-30 at 12:40 AM.

Personally I think Symmetra would fit as bi/gay, but I think the outrage from "sjw" would be too big
    "oh my god, blizz thinks you have to be mentally ill to be gay!1!"
    I've no idea what to write here.