Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just another company making design changes from the perspective of developers, instead of from the perspective of what an actual player experiences.

A dissapointment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by uxzuigal View Post
    If you wanted to have maximum situational awareness (you want this while progress raiding mythic) - you would most likely run with this command. If not, you'd have less situational awareness than others and be at a disadvantage. Maybe it's not a big disadvantage, but it certianly is a disadvantage.
    So, change the menu slider to the real maximum and problem solved? And people who run WoW on a potato need to tune down spell effects and don't see them right away... so take away the option to make spell effects more visible?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    While I am kinda disappointed. I understand their reasoning. Much like FPS games cap their FOV. This is pretty much the exact thing.
    Yeah... for each of them you find a thingy to uncap it. And most FPS go up to what? 90 to 140?
    But WoW already has 360 fov because it's third person, it's about the range you see. And if you start too see less distance than you can actually heal/attack there is a problem, which people have demonstated happens! You can attack/heal off-screen.
    Last edited by mmoc1f5e02b9df; 2016-06-26 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted
    nice , now i can see my ugly armor and not see from where enemies are attacking me
    can't wait till wow camera its like gears of war

good change - next step should be disabling dbm / weak auras / exorussu tool and all that shit giving people advantage they shouldnt have in first place

Unfair advantage? Really? Any serious raider that didn't know about this never needed increased camera distance. Instead of these unnecessary fixes blizz should check camera on boss fights like Tectus.

honestly I have no words, just a plain stupid change to make this game more console friendly again. Its gonna happen sooner or later.

So now I must raid staring at a toe instead of a knee?

FOH blizzard

Hands down the stupidest change they've ever made, with the worst possible reason given for it.

It's like not offering manual transmission cars anymore because people who drive automatics don't like it. Wrong. They don't fucking care. WE DO

He also just told us to use hacks to get it back. What a fucking goofball. Fire this idiot and revert this change

lol. The entire post is just "Ok, you guys arent gonna like it, but we don't care cause some people don't know what they missing so fuck you".

From Uk. For 3 days every hour one bad news after another. This is precisely what i was hoping when I turned off TV News and came to find out some Wow news on MMO. Thanks for making my day brighter!

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    So, change the menu slider to the real maximum and problem solved? And people who run WoW on a potato need to tune down spell effects and don't see them right away... so take away the option to make spell effects more visible?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah... for each of them you find a thingy to uncap it. And most FPS go up to what? 90 to 140?
    But WoW already has 360 fov because it's third person, it's about the range you see. And if you start too see less distance than you can actually heal/attack there is a problem, which people have demonstated happens! You can attack/heal off-screen.
    They want us to actualy see the art and animations they've made, not have a character look like a dot on the screen. I can get fully behind that and I will even say after testing today with "close range" camera- I liked it alot better. Sure less overview but it's just habitt.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    good change - next step should be disabling dbm / weak auras / exorussu tool and all that shit giving people advantage they shouldnt have in first place
    Or the bads could learn how to handle the Curse client...since when should the game be restricted with the lowest common denominator in mind? Does that REALLY make for the best experience over having options depending on your playstyle?

Perhaps they'll remove PVP soon, since it's impossible to balance it considering the good will ALWAYS have an advantage over the bads...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-06-26 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They want us to actualy see the art and animations they've made, not have a character look like a dot on the screen. I can get fully behind that and I will even say after testing today with "close range" camera- I liked it alot better. Sure less overview but it's just habitt.
    I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    In that case they should remove every option but ultra, because otherwise you see a poor quality piece of shit....

I can admire their art and animations when I'm playing solo content but in a environment where I want awareness of what is happening, I don't give a single flying fuck about their art and animations.

the change on its own is not really a big deal, and as you say we will all get used to it quickly. the problem is that the "unfair advantage" argument can be used on a lot more stuff, namely ui addons, dbm or weakauras, and that really scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by opposing critter View Post
    Poll should of had a third option "No but i would of if i had known it was possible"
    Should have, Would have

We strongly believe that there needs to be parity in this area between players who are using the default UI and those who have addons or knowledge of hidden console variables
    Once again, PVP ruins PVE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    Okay yeah, let's go ahead and try to enforce player parity.

30 FPS hardcap when?
    Mandatory 1024x768 resolution when?
    Non-modular graphics when?
    Removal of add-ons when?
    Deletion of all third-party helper sites when?
    Not to mention connection. Someone with a shitty connection and 300 MS home and World is CLEARLY at a disadvantage against those that have below 50 ms. Hell, those with 50 MS are probably at some sort of disadvantage compared to those with below 10! I reckon a hardcap of 350 MS just to be sure!

I answered yes to the poll, but I have no problem with this option being removed. Especially since they are increasing the distance the slider moves the camera. I realize it's not as far, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

They need to realize that making changes for the sake of just making them and cramming that chanelog up to make it look like they've been busy working isn't always a good idea.