Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The maximum zoom is at a very acceptable value.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    I don't understand why the people who never used the extra zoom distance are even in this thread arguing. We get it, it doesn't affect you. But the change does have a negative impact on the people who do use it.
    I used it, I still think whining over this is bullshit. The max zoom from pre-MoP was not enough for raiding, the (normal) max zoom in the options from MoP onward was, and continues to be, enough. Over time I stopped using the console command, as I've found that crutch to be simply not very useful anymore in practice after the MoP change. Even for Blackfuse heroic progression, which was arguably *the* fight where you needed to really look around, I used the "normal" max zoom and it was enough.

The console max zoom is still plenty far enough of a zoom out post MoP. If it went back to what it was in say BC then sure complaint warranted in my opinion. I would be lying if I didn't say I didn't take advantage of the further zoom out in the past in SOME fights but for most it was near or slight less zoomed than the current max. A lot of times because you have things like oh.. a ceiling.. walls.. pillars.. banners that got in the way.. etc.. that made it not make much sense to have it all the way out to begin with or just flat out prevent it. I know everyone has different preference so it is subjective of course but truth be told this is really not the end of the world.

If not being able to see everyone in the room as ant size prevents you from getting kills or playing the game correctly than it is likely you need to work on your skills a bit more. While yes, of course, I will miss the further zoom on some fights for me this is really a nonexistent issue. With or without the zoom I would have cleared every encounter in WoD on mythic. With or without it the odds are extremely likely I will clear every encounter in Legion on mythic. So I have to ask myself what is really different or changed. Nothing. Feels like a real non-issue. Sure on a fan site like this MOST people will have know and played with the further distance. But for the masses it won't even be noticed. For those that notice it will be forgotten after a few months.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    At first I didn't care about the change, but after looking through the thread I feel bad seeing all these posts from people who enjoyed the farther camera. Now I'm wondering if it was really necessary to stir up all this unhappiness among players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    It's quite hilarious how far out you are missing the point.
    What point? The standard maximum zoom is more than enough. Yes I do belive it harmless to allow for the console command to remain, but the reality of the matter is what it is. I do find it a non issue, just as I found no flying a non issue :P

The game is still fun and playable, that level of zoom while nice, is not needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    At first I didn't care about the change, but after looking through the thread I feel bad seeing all these posts from people who enjoyed the farther camera. Now I'm wondering if it was really necessary to stir up all this unhappiness among players.
    They could've changed anything tbh and people would whine, if there is one thing the wow community can not stand, then it is change, unless said change makes them insanely OP for a month in pvp.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    What point? The standard maximum zoom is more than enough. Yes I do belive it harmless to allow for the console command to remain, but the reality of the matter is what it is. I do find it a non issue, just as I found no flying a non issue :P

The game is still fun and playable, that level of zoom while nice, is not needed.
    That's because you never used it. It doesn't affect you, so you wouldn't understand anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    As a healer it doesn't matter whether you can see people or not if you are not a priest (I don't know if they have that life grip in Legion, though.) Because all you do when playing a healer is playing whack-a-mole with health bars, there's nothing else for you to look at except for your own movement and health bars.

Nonetheless, reduced zoom distance sounds like a sad loss.
    When I heal and someone starts taking damage I want to know why, so I look at their model to see if they are standing in something.

- - - Updated - - -

Like the first response said on the forums, 3rd party hacks inc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one will be looking for a 3rd party tool to increase my camera distance if they go through with this. I won't even lie about it.
    And if they find that reason to ban me, that'll be a good motivation to finally quit for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing at that distance since what? Wrath at least. Really stupid change. If they really didn't like it then they should've fixed it a long time ago before people got so accustomed to it.

Every time I log into the game on a different computer I input the console command to extend the distance because the default max simply isn't enough. It feels too restrictive. No one was asking for this to be changed and it seems like the people who are defending Blizzard's argument's only defense is that they are fine with the default max distance. That may be fine for you guys but if it was truly fine for everyone then people wouldn't have found that zoom macro and used it. The old way didn't affect the people who just wanted to use the default max, but this new one hurts players who wanted to use the extended zoom while not providing any benefit to those who use the default zoom.

This a purely negative change and if it truly conflicted with their design philosophy then they should've fixed it a long time ago, because there have been players such as I who have been using the extended zoom for well over half a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    I for one will be looking for a 3rd party tool to increase my camera distance if they go through with this. I won't even lie about it.
    And if they find that reason to ban me, that'll be a good motivation to finally quit for good.
    Don't even need a 3rd party tool for this. You can still edit wtf files to change the camera distance.

May have something to do with limitations for the "Action camera" that is in the ptr and beta atm. Zooming too far out causes some weird behaviors

If you play melee at competitive level, you will never ever claim that default UI distance was "perfect". What's next, make everyone click just like most people did in Vanilla?

This is definitely an issue for many of us. I can't play at the current max distance for the same reason I can't play 1st person shooter games....I get the gaming equivalent of seasickness. There's a lot of folks that experience this also and I'm hoping someone will develop an add-on that will circumvent Blizzard's idiocy.

- - - Updated - - -

100% with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post

If not being able to see everyone in the room as ant size prevents you from getting kills or playing the game correctly than it is likely you need to work on your skills a bit more. While yes, of course, I will miss the further zoom on some fights for me this is really a nonexistent issue. With or without the zoom I would have cleared every encounter in WoD on mythic. With or without it the odds are extremely likely I will clear every encounter in Legion on mythic. So I have to ask myself what is really different or changed. Nothing. Feels like a real non-issue. Sure on a fan site like this MOST people will have know and played with the further distance. But for the masses it won't even be noticed. For those that notice it will be forgotten after a few months.

I am going to assume from your bull that you play tank and lead to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Not even sure how to respond to that, the max settings have always been this.. you had to run a consol command to get even further away from your character, now they are taking that away.
    but thats what i was talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    but thats what i was talking about...
    Then why are you crying? It clearly wasnt intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Then why are you crying? It clearly wasnt intended.
    "Wasn't intended" lol. SO people are playing with it for ten fucking years and then suddenly "whoa guys thats not intended" thats bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    They could've changed anything tbh and people would whine, if there is one thing the wow community can not stand, then it is change, unless said change makes them insanely OP for a month in pvp.....
    Correct.

This community has become so laughably change-averse, everything is a sacred cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Slightly annoyed as a tank and raid leader. But I understand blizzard position, UI fairness should be a thing.

No overreaction at all... And if : http://i.imgur.com/e8vFT6t.jpg is too close for you 99% you may just stop wow and play a rts, the gendra may suite you better
    Because a simple typed in command is srsly hard to do right and is the leading cause of imbalance in the game... what a tool and you are just as bad for buying that lame as fuck excuse

Ugh. I don't understand. After how many years, they suddenly decide it is "unfair" to have higher zoom? Any data to back that up, Blizz?

Horrible decision. It wasn't hurting anyone to have high zoom. What's that phrase... if it ain't broke...