Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There won't be a second referendum, however there may be increasing pressure to wiggle out of the first one.

It would be slightly comical if a Pro-EU party emerges and we end up leaving then rejoining with less benefits and have to adopt the Euro.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    The main problem is that half of the shit the remain camp used as propaganda has instantly fell on its arse, like the "war in europe" which people voted on the basis of. You then have a tonne of fucking retards who voted remain "because they couldn't make their mind up and voted for the safe option", the even more retarded young people voting remain and then screaming at the veterans who fought for our country and voted to make us Great again.

See I can play too.
    Are people actually saying those who voted out "fought for our Country"? It was baby boomers - the people born during the start of post-war Britain - not War Veterans (most of which are dead).
    Last edited by Snorkles; 2016-06-26 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Oh your one of my lot, Sheffield lad myself, you?
    Doncaster. Born there but fucked off to London. Area I grew up in was Bentley and it was a godawful mess.

Quoting someone who put it very well:

"They knew the rules going into the [vote].
    They lost.
    They want to now change the rules."

It appears that in the recent highly-touted remain poll, a large number of votes came from outside of the UK. Amusingly North Korea contributed with some 24,855 votes, and "2,735 from British Antarctic Territory, which has a population of just 250 people".

Some fairly crooked games are being played right now.. The remain lobby didn't have its way, so now they try to have it by force..

source: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...n-signatories/
    source 2: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...en-manipulated
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    Don't you remember the recent 'Queen backs Brexit' furor? I wonder which side she would support

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-35760912
    She would vote remain. The Queen unlike her citizens... isn't stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    There won't be a second referendum, however there may be increasing pressure to wiggle out of the first one.

It would be slightly comical if a Pro-EU party emerges and we end up leaving then rejoining with less benefits and have to adopt the Euro.
    That won't happen, if you leave it's permanent. If anything happens it needs to be done before article 50 is invoked.

Yo, if you end up having another one tell Cameron to call my boy Tsipras so he can let him know how to handle referendums.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Quoting someone who put it very well:

"They knew the rules going into the [vote].
    They lost.
    They want to now change the rules."

It appears that in the recent highly-touted remain poll, a large number of votes came from outside of the UK. Amusingly North Korea contributed with some 24,855 votes, and "2,735 from British Antarctic Territory, which has a population of just 250 people".

Some fairly crooked games are being played right now.. The remain lobby didn't have its way, so now they try to have it by force..

source: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...n-signatories/
    source 2: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...en-manipulated
    a referendum is force.

also a referendum is literally the cause of a total failure of democracy

thisthread.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Why? Can someone explain this please.

As far as I am aware, democracy is not winner is what comes first no matter what. It is winner has majority.
    If a second vote proves that leave does not have a majority is that not democracy in action?

People keep saying it's anti democratic, how exactly?
    So... suppose they held another referendum.. and the `stay`side won. Should the leave people then be able to demand another referendum.. And back and forth forever until the country collapses under the weight of the cost of nonstop political grandstanding and referendums.... The stay side lost, history will decide whether or not that was the right thing for the UK to chose, for the moment however, people need to accept a democratically voted reality and move on, rather then sadly and quite pathetically trying to grasp at straws to change democracy to suit their convenience.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    That's the idea. It's all a conspiracy to get UK fully into EU with Euro and less autonomy.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So with talks of a second EU referendum courtesy of the 3 million online petition I got to ask, what exactly are the chances of a second referendum? Personally I see very little as imo a 2nd referendum would be pointless and open a can of worms. If it happened you would either get the same outcome or remain would win. If remain win you would get another 3 million online petition from the leave camp and the shitstorm regardless of the decision
    I think a Second Referendum would undermine any Referendum, as such it shouldn't happen.

As you said, it's a can of worms.

The people have spoken, now let's get on with making it work -together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Doncaster. Born there but fucked off to London. Area I grew up in was Bentley and it was a godawful mess.
    Oh you're one of those

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Bitching about bureaucrats is a waste of time. Would you rather hold a referendum to decide every single issue?
    what are elected government officials, Alex?
    you know, the guys who actually have a reason to listen to you, several if you're willing to kill them.
    as voltaire said- "an ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination".
    we are his...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    This is like creationists trying to smear evolution by calling it a religion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    "You disagree with my opinion so you are stupid"

Deleted
    Im 27 and a plumber kitchens bathroom fitting ect. What half the people the news reports are questioning are idiots who have no idea about the country they live in.

A building site i went to in Liverpool had a coach load of Polish people who came to the UK by coach built the building then went home back to Poland when it was finished.

There is a documentary on at the moment called how to get a council house. It showed one polish guy who had been here a year working in a shop or something. He was living in a converted garage with his family and his landlord blocked off the bedroom because it wasn't safe. Anyway he went to the council they looked at the building and said this is built illegally and evicted him and his family. They wouldn't of put him on the streets he will be somware with a roof until he gets a proper home sorted.

But fact is this guy wasn't a doctor or scientist or anything the country needs he was just a guy who wanted work and that's the problem. 1 year here with a job a teenager can do and a free house.

Another point i would it like make is most people i talk to who didn't want to leave didn't even vote then bitch about well i would of voted if i knew.

Fuck anyone who says that because you should of voted we do not need another vote because some of you are lazy bastards.
    Last edited by mmocfaf99010a6; 2016-06-26 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh you're one of those
    A sane person?

Oh you're one of those
    Happily I try not to be. Hence why I moved out of that craphole 4 years ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    A sane person?
    South England can't be that good, you fucked off to Malta to escape it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That won't happen, if you leave it's permanent. If anything happens it needs to be done before article 50 is invoked.
    Oh I know. I'm saying we'll leave but it'll be comical if we then rejoin at a later date if Pro-EU Sentiment takes hold. The EU won't just say "No you're not allowed back in". They will probably say Ye you can rejoin but don't expect any concessions and you'll have to adopt the Euro. Which I'm fine with ha. About time the UK stopped acting like such a precious little snow flake and joined the rest of the adult world.

Quote Originally Posted by zwiggy View Post
    Im 27 and a plumber kitchens bathroom fitting ect. What half the people the news reports are questioning are idiots who have no idea about the country they live in.

A building site i went to in Liverpool had a coach load of Polish people who came to the UK by coach built the building then went home back to Poland when it was finished.

There is a documentary on at the moment called how to get a council house. It showed one polish guy who had been here a year working in a shop or something. He was living in a converted garage with his family and his landlord blocked off the bedroom because it wasn't safe. Anyway he went to the council they looked at the building and said this is built illegally and evicted him and his family. They wouldn't of put him on the streets he will be somware with a roof until he gets a proper home sorted.

But fact is this guy wasn't a doctor or scientist or anything the country needs he was just a guy who wanted work and that's the problem. 1 year here with a job a teenager can do and a free house.

You are not thinking though about the educated migrants who in term they help create work jobs.
    It somehow balances out. I do agree that the unskilled or "lesser" educated people will get hit the hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    South England can't be that good, you fucked off to Malta to escape it.
    Honestly still better than Doncaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Well, perhaps Scotland wants to be in EU more than it wants to be in UK - so they are legitimately right to have another referendum on the topic.

Exactly since the deal got broken with the brexit insanity vote. they might want to leave the UK and become a free standing member of the EU