Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    UK paid a lot less than they were supposed to. Germany and co pay a lot more.
    Aren't Germany still paying the WW2 reparations off?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Once upon a time there was a man named Adolf...
    Yeah and he was voted to president by the citizens of germany

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I think the finished a couple of years ago
    Last edited by Durandir; 2016-06-26 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    EU took it.
    more likely it was the bank of England, who then sent it to the Swiss.
    we are his...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    This is like creationists trying to smear evolution by calling it a religion.

UK paid a lot less than they were supposed to. Germany and co pay a lot more.
    That's what i thought. Still can't understand why they'd leave EU. Sure it's not perfect in any way but they could look at Norway. They're not in the EU but they still pay shitloads of money to the EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No but they didnt forget that nationalists startet pretty much all wars and that they do have some responsability to work for a strong and peaceful europe.

high unlikely it'll go through, 3 million compared to 17 million who voted out is nothing.

I voted in, and I think 90% of the vote leavers are complete morons (10% being people who actually researched it and have genuine reasons) and I don't think we should have another referendum.

This is the "democracy" the left wing knows. They support democracy only if they are majority. If not then bending rules till they get what they want is fair game. It is kinda fascist and totalitarian way of thinking which is ironic as that is exactly what lefties say on anyone that have different opinion.

The left wing in Israel is the same shit. They lost the election. So they try to force their way using un-democratic ways like building pressure on Israel from alli countries to force their ways. Even making shit up if it serves their agenda. They don't even hide it -they say it out load "while we might be only 2% of population, we need to force our ways in every way possible".

I suggest reading this article on this subject (UK, not Israel):
    http://www.gplanet.co.il/prodetailsa...sp?pro_id=3573

Yes, it is in hebrew (so you need google translate) and yes it is filled with adds however I know this lecturer. He is the most gifted lecturer I ever participated. He has been studying middle east and global relations for past 30+ years and have been mostly correct with his predictions.

In case you are lazy - he predicts that the next country to have "uprising" is France. This is because the government officials all connected. All comes from the same schools and pretty much a close "guild". With the social media revolution, the power goes to the people and they are not happy with this semi-dictatorship rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    The people you are calling "terrorists" are in fact "freedom-fighters", no amount of stabbings is going to change this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    That's what i thought. Still can't understand why they'd leave EU. Sure it's not perfect in any way but they could look at Norway. They're not in the EU but they still pay shitloads of money to the EU.
    ... and have to follow all the EU rules... and have no vote so the EU can enforce new laws a free UK would have to follow without any vote or veto right.

That is what we keep telling you. If you leave EU and join the EEA, everything will be worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    "You disagree with my opinion so you are stupid"
    No, they are stupid.

Let's start with the big reason why people voted brexit.

UK takes in the most EU and outside EU immigrants and it's doubling every year. Statistics show that you take in half of Germany on both of those groups, not to mention, your intake is rising by a few percent per year, Germany's rises by double digits per year. But yes Brexit would stop it, it would stop the Syrian refugees, but then they would just go by Calais or Zeebrugge because neither of those places will stop immigrants once the UK leaves the EU, unless the UK ends up funding it themselves. So you might stop a one time total of 400k, just to get 50k in extra per year. If they had any capability to actually go google statistics instead of believing Pigson and Failarage they would have found it out rather fast. OH, this was also confirmed by them that immigration numbers will not go down when leaving the EU.

-

But the EU takes so much money every year. The EU pays UK farmers a supplementary amount of 3.4 billion pounds per year to make sure they don't go bankrupt because of the volatile agriculture market. On top of that you get a 5-6 billion pounds rebate at the end of the year. Your contributions last year were 17 billion pounds, so you effectively paid somewhat around 8-9 billion pounds.

However now comes the important part. The financial district of London, the 2nd biggest, handles around 3.7 trillion pounds per day, mainly due to the fact that the EU provides data access to all eu member states. When the UK leaves the EU, that access will be revoked and the financial district of the EU will be moving to Frankfurt or any possibly even Paris. It's not estimated how big the loss will be, but it will be significantly larger than the 8-9 billion pounds you pay per year, they could easily be triple digits.

Economic research also estimates that the UK receives an extra of 20-40 billion pounds of extra foreign investments yearly related to EU projects or expansions in London itself, those will effectively drop as well once Brexit is a fact. So to make it short you'll lose another few billion pounds in tax revenue there as well.

Didn't Farage and Boris also say that the EU budget would be going to the NHS and then blatantly said he shouldn't have promised that, after he had won? I mean the money will end up stabilizing your banks/pound, if that little amount can even do so, you'll probably need 250 billion pounds or more for the fiasco right now, and it's going to get much worse.

-

But the UK has nothing to say in the EU, stupid laws get passed. Records show that the UK has only lost around 2% of laws, not to mention when you read those laws, you will be kind of glad that you did, both of them were environmental things such as the light-bulb restrictions and such (less power consumption, better for the environment and your electricity bill). Not to mention the UK has a veto, thus they can block anything they want anytime. If a law passes that they didn't like, they were either the only one against it, or they didn't use their veto effectively.

-

I can keep going on like this, to prove that the leave camp is just entirely stupid, and that they do not deserve the right to exercise their voting rights.

The UK leaving the EU seems like a legitimate reason to hold another vote, to me.

All this angst for no reason. People have the right to self-determination, and this is part of it.

I'd say do it ... it's a big changer, and a lot of the whiny younger generation... being all talk and no action, didn't show up for the vote [3:10], and only started voicing AFTER the votes.

Perhaps this time, and in future, they'd remove that stick up their ass and take these sort of referendums more seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    If we end up having a second referendum then it'll be the worst thing to happen to democracy in a long time.
    No it wouldn't. The worst thing to happen to modern democracy is the apathy and incompetence of the average voter.

Churchill said it best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted remain, but we shouldn't have another referendum. It would be stupid.

Like always we've been given a terrible hand by idiots in our country. Now we have to work with what we've got and do our best:/

... and have to follow all the EU rules... and have no vote so the EU can enforce new laws a free UK would have to follow without any vote or veto right.

That is what we keep telling you. If you leave EU and join the EEA, everything will be worse.
    Unfortunately, the average voter knows fuckall about economics. Which is why the public shouldn't have been able to vote on this in the first place.

Deleted
    Can we redraw the lottery numbers because I didn't win.

I'd say the Leave campaign reneging all the 'promises' they made the morning after the referendum would be pretty good grounds for a 2nd go at it. Nigel Farage was talking about a 2nd referendum when he was prematurely conceding, and even Boris doesn't seem to want Brexit now that it's here.

Whether or not parliament votes for it is another thing entirely though.

"We didn't get the vote we wanted! So let's vote a second time!" That's what it sound s like to me. This is how democracy works, whenever there's a vote somebody loses. You can't just keep calling for revotes until your side wins that's not democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    "We didn't get the vote we wanted! So let's vote a second time!" That's what it sound s like to me. This is how democracy works, whenever there's a vote somebody loses. You can't just keep calling for revotes until your side wins that's not democracy.
    And democracy is a flawed system. Best we got so far. But it's shit.

A second referendum woud turn this situation in an even greater mess what its already is.

And for the citizens of the UK i am sorry
    if your to lazy to think about the consequences before you vote its your own fault
    Of course same goes for the people who dident even know what the EU is or for what the voted on 23 juni

Sadly the last part is not a joke >_<

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    And democracy is a flawed system. Best we got so far. But it's shit.
    I'm not saying it's perfect, but the whole point of putting it up to a vote is to see what the majority wants. If anyone in the stay camp didn't vote and regrets it, well too ****ing bad you should have done your civic duty and voted the first time. I'll bet the people calling for a new referendum now wouldn't be if the vote had still be this close but gone the other way.