Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    A bunch of new photos n stuff

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Well, you're in luck, the Death Star won't blow up in this movie. And it'll be the third time it shows up, outside of a brief cameo in Revenge of the Sith, iirc.

I consider Starkiller base a Death Star. And wether it blows up or not is far beyond the point. I just don't care for it anymore.

If it was a sentient being, it would be that villain that keeps coming back every movie with some sort of stupid upgrade and the same plan doomed to fail.

Darth Death Star: (Episode 4 ). I am here take over the Galaxy! Watch as a blow up a world to demonstrate my powah!!!

(Episode 5) Last movie was merely a setback! Now I am bigger than ever and I'm gonna blow up your world!!!!

(Episode 7) Our last encounter was a just a minor setback. I took a movie to do some training and now I am buffer than before. See how big my guns are?! Now I can blow up 5 PLANETS AT ONCE! You can't beat me! (Maniacal laugh)

(The prequel) Hey look at me! I'm gonna be a big deal in the next few movies. You know what I'm talking about.

(Rogue One). Darth Death Stars origin story.
    Last edited by Tempguy; 2016-06-26 at 03:30 AM.

Deleted
    I have a probelm with prequels. Whatever happens or what the Rogues do, it do not matter, the Darth Death will be built, and the rebels do get the plans, so all sacrifices and pain is pointless...

Deleted
    We need a Dark Side POV movie, all the glorified rebel terrorists in Star Wars are worn out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    We need a Dark Side POV movie, all the glorified rebel terrorists in Star Wars are worn out.
    TIE Fighter (computer game) did a good job. Heir to the Empire trilogy by Timothy Zahn, yes it have boring section of the Luke and frends, but its the underdogs you rotten for....cursed new republic who taken over the galaxy...

Not a movie, but the Bane trilogy was really good.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    I have a probelm with prequels. Whatever happens or what the Rogues do, it do not matter, the Darth Death will be built, and the rebels do get the plans, so all sacrifices and pain is pointless...
    Which means that they must concentrate on characters. We don't know any of them. Will they survive? Which one? If they are built well enough, we will care about them and therefore care about what happens to them. Afterall, that's what the original trilogy was all about. The fight between the Rebels and the Empire was only the background.

To tell the truth, who ever had any doubts that the Rebels, no, Luke Skywalker would destroy the Death Star when they watched the movie for the first time? It's what happens to the characters that is more important.

- - - Updated - - -

It won't happen. People want to get invested in a movie. They see themselves as the hero. People generally see themselves as good, decent persons. So it is harder to root for the villain. If they ever produce a movie about the Empire, the hero will be honorable, benevolent and will end up rebelling against his imperial superiors. The "antagonist" could be a rebel, but would be an anti-villain, since the Rebels are the good guys by definition. In the end, it would not really be in the Empire's point of view.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Doubtful it will happen.
    People usually want to see good guys in movies.
    And unlike other media like comics or books a film costs millions so noone is going to greenlit it unless they feel they will earn their money back.
    This is the same reason, I thik an Arthas movie after he became a death knight is unlikely to ever happen

A dark side POV could still have a person to root for. Just make it more of a redemption story.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    A dark side POV could still have a person to root for. Just make it more of a redemption story.
    Not much of a Dark Side point of view then.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Not much of a Dark Side point of view then.
    I guess that's the end of that then lol.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Random thought on re-shoots, if any have doubts: half of the monsters from the cantina in Mos Eisley were filmed follow-up. When it's Disney doing Star Wars, you can be pretty confident it's about making something good better.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    That's like saying any historical fiction ever written or filmed is pointless because we know how it turned out.

Okay, released today, now I'm getting hyped:

I really liked TFA, but this looks even better. I hope the rumors are true about Vader and his love triangle, the emperor and the new guy. Reminds me of Shadows of the empire. Both death star plans theft, in the middle of a dark side love triangle???

(Shadows of the empire, still canon in my head, ty).

I wish December would be closer, but at the same time, i rather have a long warm summer.

ps: There is apparently a teaser shown only to people present at celebration. The end of the teaser end with a movie shot reveal of Vader. It was a teaser for an upcoming trailer, so trailer #2 inc, probably with one shot of Vader.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-07-15 at 07:59 PM.

Deleted
    Vader love triangle? U realize he is an old man now?

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    Vader love triangle? U realize he is an old man now?
    I think it's a figurative love triangle between Vader, the Emperor, and Snoke. Like, not that they're actually in love, but all interconnected.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a figurative love triangle between Vader, the Emperor, and Snoke. Like, not that they're actually in love, but all interconnected.
    He's speaking about the rivalry between Darth Vader and Prince Xizor for the Emperor's favor in "Shadows of the Empire." He seems to say that the relation between Vader, the Emperor and Director Orson Krennic will be of the same kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, released today, now I'm getting hyped:

is that Admiral Ackbar's father @ 00:29?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    is that Admiral Ackbar's father @ 00:29?
    Probably just a generic Mon Calamari. That'd be kinda lame if it was his father.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Grace's vid