Page 85 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I just finished testing artifact stuff with AMR, legendaries are next on my list for formal testing. I do have a tentative write up about the legendaries on my site already.
    Hey Babylonius, mind sharing your Rotation Template on AMR with me (us)?

I formulated one myself and even if I change priorities as needed, I see RJW pulling ahead of Hit Combo (and both vastly ahead of Xuen) on ST; but you state otherwise on your site.
    Similarly, on a purely ST fight, Eye of the Tiger is pulling ahead of Chi Wave - this is assuming maximum hits of 4 on the target and 3 on you. You did say it will be tuned out of favor because it being passive, so if that still stands, I suppose the above makes sense.
    Finally, Energizing Elixir is always pulling ahead - possibly because its an active CD.

This could all be because my rotation is out of loop, so would like whatever you have been working on to compare.

---
    As for legendaries, won't SEF unanimously pull ahead of Serenity once you get the legendary? It's, in theory, making the ability last for 20s (times two at the start of the fight). That design would be quite unfortunate for any that want to use Serenity playstyle over the SEF playstyle. Perhaps they could add to it: every unique ability you use within Serenity extends its duration by 1s (you'd technically use only 4 unique - FoF, SotW, RSK and SCK), so that kinda makes Serenity equivalent again, relatively.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Talents post on my site isn't based on testing, it's based on what I believe the intended design is that will eventually be reflected in tuning. I can't imagine that RJW is the intended single target talent, despite it currently being so.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...93/unknown.png

That is the current APL that I found to be best, but I'm sure there is still tweaking that can go on. ChiWave should always be ahead of Eye of the Tiger simply by how their AP equations work and that CW benefits from mastery. The talents that were currently best for single target, based on my testing, was Chi Wave, Energizing Elixir, RJW, and Chi Orbit.

I do believe that Serenity may be strong, it just needs its own dedicated APL to follow while th buff is up during sims. Hoping to get to that over the next few days.

- - - Updated - - -

The SEF Legendary is certainly a strong legendary and the one that you'd want to aim for first. The Touch of Death legendary will likely be stronger overall, but requires a second target to use, which is admittedly frequent in fight design.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2016-06-25 at 04:11 PM.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Arthael View Post
    Ya SEF + SCK is going to be pretty amazing with AoE, esp if you take Ascension and you chain Fists on that right after.

Another question, is it just me or is Crosswinds not affected by SEF? As in, you only get set of flying things going off.
    It still does 800% AP damage, but it is only doing 100% of the damage rather than 150% that you should theoretically get during SEF.
    Ascension is not good for aoe, the nature of our aoe is that it requires far more energy than your ST rotation per second(as basically all your chi spenders cost 3 besides sotw), and hence you become energy/chi starved extremely fast even with proper resource pooling.. energizing brew is far more valuable for situations like this(and for any other situation, as it provides far better resources generation in raw numbers as well). Ascension is only taken right now because of how lag-unfriendly EB is combined with beta's 250ms.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, for those testing raids on beta atm, t17 2set has some very entertaining interaction with SEF(go check it out, far more hilarious than you can even imagine).

I will only say that with sef legendary and t17 you can quite easily maintain 100% sef uptime

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    My Talents post on my site isn't based on testing, it's based on what I believe the intended design is that will eventually be reflected in tuning. I can't imagine that RJW is the intended single target talent, despite it currently being so.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...93/unknown.png
    I'm surprised you have SotW so low. I'll run some tests but that doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I'm surprised you have SotW so low. I'll run some tests but that doesn't seem right.
    I think it has to do with WPN DPS v. AP scaling, since we get fists and not 2H.

10+ Year Old Account
    I though that as well, but moving it up or down didn't really do anything. Where it is in that SS is the best I could do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjugate View Post
    By the way, for those testing raids on beta atm, t17 2set has some very entertaining interaction with SEF(go check it out, far more hilarious than you can even imagine).

I will only say that with sef legendary and t17 you can quite easily maintain 100% sef uptime
    "I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe"

LOL anyway I don't think is normal, but shhhhhh xD

Side note: They said way back in like 2015 that we'd get some cool sheathing visual so our artifact isn't invisible all the time. Has anyone heard if that's still the plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    Side note: They said way back in like 2015 that we'd get some cool sheathing visual so our artifact isn't invisible all the time. Has anyone heard if that's still the plan?
    They said Balance druid's fury of ELUNE, a spell named after a MOON goddess, was a placeholder animation like 2 months ago. It's still Artanis's Purifier Beam from HoTS, freaking orange.

Warlock's Demonbolt, which has been out for an entire expansion, still has oranger fire with green fire quest done.

It took them virtually a decade to update character models to be less ancient by modern standards (and let's be honest, they're still behind).

Robes even this expansion will continue to be spray-painted on our bodies.

So, yeah, don't bank on their promises of updates. It took balance druids up till legion for a vanilla WoW form to get a polygon update but no racial distinction (unlike feral forms, where moonkins are just recolors of each other).

They will always do the bare minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    They said Balance druid's fury of ELUNE, a spell named after a MOON goddess, was a placeholder animation like 2 months ago. It's still Artanis's Purifier Beam from HoTS, freaking orange.

Warlock's Demonbolt, which has been out for an entire expansion, still has oranger fire with green fire quest done.

It took them virtually a decade to update character models to be less ancient by modern standards (and let's be honest, they're still behind).

Robes even this expansion will continue to be spray-painted on our bodies.

So, yeah, don't bank on their promises of updates. It took balance druids up till legion for a vanilla WoW form to get a polygon update but no racial distinction (unlike feral forms, where moonkins are just recolors of each other).

They will always do the bare minimum.
    I'm sorry but I gotta respectfully call shenanigans on this line of thinking. It's fair to be unsatisfied with some stuff but it's objectively obvious that they are spending a lot of time enhancing the look and feel of all kinds of stuff. In fact they deserve to be commended on the amount of work their putting into keeping this 12 year old game looking as good as it does. It's just not reasonable to conclude that Blizzard does the "bare minimum" because you can name three things you don't like. That's just irrational.

So anyways, does anybody know if there is any word about the sheathing?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    I'm sorry but I gotta respectfully call shenanigans on this line of thinking. It's fair to be unsatisfied with some stuff but it's objectively obvious that they are spending a lot of time enhancing the look and feel of all kinds of stuff. In fact they deserve to be commended on the amount of work their putting into keeping this 12 year old game looking as good as it does. It's just not reasonable to conclude that Blizzard does the "bare minimum" because you can name three things you don't like. That's just irrational.

So anyways, does anybody know if there is any word about the sheathing?
    You can go back over the last 3 Xpacs and I would say while "bare minimum" is an exaggeration, the feel is that they are indeed not putting the time and effort into the game. That they are using what they can to produce as little as possible while keeping player subscriptions.

Look at TBC 5 tiers content raids with 3 partial raids, WotLK 4 Tiers 3 partial raids. WoD 2 tiers ( with 3 raids in full ). TBC, WotLk, had more content in 2 than near all the rest combined. We didn't have year long last tiers, we didn't have entire Xpacs being near nothing but grinding dailies, with near no story line.

So to anyone that has been around a long time they look to be doing next to nothing, spending money on things no one wants (selfie camera), making sweeping changes to classes and specs people love just for the sake of changing them, and producing content where have gated professions that you get from your own garrison, you stand in your garrison all day, and only 2 tier sets that have 3 - 5 copies of the same gear with different colors. PvP gear now looks just like PvE gear with different colors. BRF is the only tier with interesting differences in Mythic gear models.

It is the reason they saw over a 50% sub loss.

just accept the facts shoeboots

Is there a trick to getting Chi Orbit to hit big model bosses? No matter where I go, the orbits never hit
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Deleted
    I'm also quite interested if they have updated the sheathing visuals, does anyone know this?

PS. Not interested in "Vanilla is best blizz sucks dick 4 money" talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's try to remember that this is the Windwalker thread and keep things relevant to Windwalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacheng View Post
    I'm also quite interested if they have updated the sheathing visuals, does anyone know this?

PS. Not interested in "Vanilla is best blizz sucks dick 4 money" talk.
    Sheathing for WW weapons hasn't been implemented.

If you don't have beta, you can see it on the PTR. All spell and animation updates that go on beta builds are also applied to the PTR, such as the new balance druid Lunar Strike animations.

The only thing you don't gain access to in the PTR is the legion content and artifact weapons.

If you have Fists of the Heavens equipped, they are visible in combat nearly 100% of the time regardless of transmog. If you're not in combat, just press the sheathe button and out they come. The reason you don't see this on the PTR is because you don't have the artifact.
    Last edited by Mcbenchpress; 2016-06-27 at 07:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

I told him the same thing, he was basing his APL on spreadsheeted damage from lvl 100 and 110 toons he had, but SotW should be way higher; however, moving it didn't seem to give him a huge difference in damage. Maybe something like AMR had low ilvl fists of heaven without relics? Since SotW scales a lot on relic ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pandanaconda View Post
    I told him the same thing, he was basing his APL on spreadsheeted damage from lvl 100 and 110 toons he had, but SotW should be way higher; however, moving it didn't seem to give him a huge difference in damage. Maybe something like AMR had low ilvl fists of heaven without relics? Since SotW scales a lot on relic ilvl.
    It was tested with maxed out artifacts.

But high ilvl relics? SotW scaling on weapon damage means it could've randomly be very low compared to other spells if you had bad relics compared to overall gear. I did not mean artifact traits!