Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    You know it´s unhealthy for a cat to be inside the whole time right?
    Indoor cats live longer and healthier lives, but they do require more from their owners.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As horrible as the person is, and I hope the individual gets caught, this is yet another reason why owners should keep their cats indoors. When you let them be outdoor cats, they are much more susceptible to these dangerous things.

Cars, dogs, people, wildlife... there's so many things that can injury and/or kill your cat. The risk is just so much greater when they're allowed outside to roam free.
    Yeah, I don't like the idea of leaving pets (dogs, cats, or whatever else) unsupervised outside. I suppose it's different if you have a fenced area or something, but I live in a rural area pretty close to a road. And people drive a LOT faster than they should on said road.

I'd be worried about my dogs getting run over or something if I just let them roam around unsupervised. They just stay in the house and regularly get taken outside on leashes to walk laps around the yard (and hopefully shit there instead of on the carpet), and they seem perfectly happy doing that.

OT: Whoever's doing that is a piece of shit. I hope he/she gets caught.

Deleted
    I always wonder why people choose cats if they want indoor pets, then again their a good indication of people to avoid romantically. Nothing quite as sexy as a jealous cat and stinking litter tray

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Bad dude and most likely fucked in the head.

But I still feel Humans > Animals. I'm bias like that.
    Dogs>cats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Dogs>cats.
    Dogs>Cats>Rats>Spiders>Humans >Ebola

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I will never understand the concept of "outdoor cats".
    I feel the same, except for the indoor cats. Of course, I wouldn't keep a cat free in a crowded place with lots of traffic, but cats are not dogs. They are much more independent. Just make sure the cat can't reproduce. Still fucking pissed my father shot and killed many of the kittens that people didn't want. Should have tried harder, and not just ask the closest 20 houses.

I had a cat that lived for 18 years, and was always free to come and go. There is always a risk when letting the cat go, but I feel it's worth it, if you live in a place where it's relatively safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not to mention the damage they cause to other people's property. Oh, and they're shitting outdoors and nobody is cleaning it up. Not sure why that's acceptable with cats but if I left my dog shit in a cat owner's yard they'd flip out.
    Never seen a cat do it's business? They usually don't just shit in the middle of your yard and leave it at that. In fact, I've never seen that.
    Last edited by Santti; 2016-06-26 at 02:49 PM.

Deleted
    Not to mention the damage they cause to other people's property. Oh, and they're shitting outdoors and nobody is cleaning it up. Not sure why that's acceptable with cats but if I left my dog shit in a cat owner's yard they'd flip out.
    Rather shit outside than in my house lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I feel the same, except for the indoor cats. Of course, I wouldn't keep a cat free in a crowded place with lots of traffic, but cats are not dogs. They are much more independent. Just make sure the cat can't reproduce. Still fucking pissed my father shot and killed many of the kittens that people didn't want after. Should have tried harder, and not just ask the closest 20 houses.

I had a cat that lived for 18 years, and was always free to come and go. There is always a risk when letting the cat go, but I feel it's worth it, if you live in a place where it's relatively safe.
    Is this normal in Finland?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if this could be tied to terrorism...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I wonder if this could be tied to terrorism...
    Are ISIS that desperate lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Is this normal in Finland?
    I worded it a bit poorly. He put the remaining kittens in a bag and shot them with a shotgun in a nearby forest. I was only a toddler at the time and heard of it much later. I guess my father didn't really know what to do with the remaining kittens that weren't adopted by our neighbors.

Don't think it's normal in here, no.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    A lot of serial killers start out on animals, If it is one person doing this I would seriously be concerned that they might move on to humans sooner or later even if the cats aren't bad enough on their own.
    Yep, I'm sure Jeffrey Dahmer started with animals.

As horrible as the person is, and I hope the individual gets caught, this is yet another reason why owners should keep their cats indoors. When you let them be outdoor cats, they are much more susceptible to these dangerous things.

Cars, dogs, people, wildlife... there's so many things that can injury and/or kill your cat. The risk is just so much greater when they're allowed outside to roam free.
    People that force their cats to always be indoors are horrible people and should not have pets.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Lol, really gonna cry over a tiny little kitty turd? It naturally decomposes and fertilizes plants.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Better catch this sick fuck before he starts to target people...

Makes me sad that people who can't be bothered to properly care for their pets are killing some of my favorite wildlife. I had a little hummingbird come check me out yesterday while I was enjoying the lovely weather in my backyard(I live right on the water and see everything from bald eagles to these little guys). Would be a shame if someone's uncared-for pet killed it. More of a shame than someone removing a feral animal from the local wildlife population via beheading.
    Welcome to the food chain. Pretty sure I learned about that when I was 5 years old.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on what, exactly?
    How about I force you to stay inside all day for the rest of your life.

Deleted
    Does cat taste good? Some recipe recs?

Having worked with animals as a Vet Technician and volunteering with assisting in re-homing pets - many of those cats - I can assure you I've never came across a cat that was depressed because it couldn't go outside. Only thing I've encountered are owners that refuse to spay and/or neuter their pets, which only makes cats want to go out more to breed, as well as owners that don't think cats need "playtime" and mental stimulation, then wonder why their cats keep trying to get outside.

My cat, for instance, is happy and healthy because I've done as mentioned above. She has no desire for going outside, despite having opportunities to do so (doors being left open by accident, etc).
    Speaks volumes that I've never known anyone in real life to keep a cat inside 24/7, but both people I'm arguing with here are American. You guys just hate animals in general. So many tortured and declawed cats over there because "muhh furniture" and you deprive them sunshine and a chance to roam and climb and have a fun life.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's nice. I have found cat shit in many places. They may scratch at some leaves and the like to cover it, but that just means it's a landmine for you when you're walking down to the dock to go kayaking. Not to mention the fact that I've had more than one paint job ruined on a car because cats decided to sleep on the hood on a cold night after I got home from the bar. Be nice if I could have caught the offending cat to make their owner pay for a respray. Hell, I have a neighbor who had to get their convertible's top replaced because a cat decided to sharpen its claws on it one night.

Again, if you can't be bothered to care for the fucking pet why are you buying it? There is absolutely zero reason for a cat to be allowed to wander free in a residential neighborhood.
    I'm sorry for your losses, but we do care for our cats. Being free outside is part of it. I actually find it slightly insulting that you think we never cared for our cat.

Also, our cat wasn't bought. It came to us from a nearby barn during a winter as a kitten. We called the owner of said barn if we could keep her, and we could, and we did. That's what was told to me, anyway. I was like 1 year old back then. If that.

She wouldn't have lived for 18 years if she wasn't cared for.
    Last edited by Santti; 2016-06-26 at 03:19 PM.

Just another reason for why cat owners should either keep their cats in enclosed areas, or not have them at all if they can't. My mom has built an enclosed outdoors room/gym for her cats.

Had a similar person here a while ago, it was believed that he'd gut cats whilst they still lived, and then leave them to die and be found by kids.