Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    I just don't understand why they can't do a quick pass and just add a difficulty level to legacy dungeons: hard or easy. It is just a numbers adjustment really. Create a template for each class. Make it so the stat numbers on the template would make the dungeon challenging. If you pick "hard" mode, the dungeon doesn't use your actual stats, it uses the templates... I know it is more complex than that, but it really doesn't seem like such a big deal to do.

As for the op, you need to find a group of players that also want challenging low level dungeons. Find four other players willing to run dm in "white" gear. It blizz was smart they would make an achievement with a mount and title if everyone in the group runs all the old dungeons, at level and in white gear. Maybe the title could be putting "Ford" at the end of your name. I was thinking the title could be "Whitey," but I figured I would get bashed by the SJW's for racism....... Or Blizz could make it an event or a weekly thing- like the skirmishes and timewalking.

Most players just want to run through the leveling process. They probably have a million toons and have done it a million times. They don't want a challenge, they are just trying to run to max level.
    Last edited by Alydael; 2016-06-26 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hargrik View Post
    IMHO a boost on the XP bonus would be a nice compensation for the stats removal.
    Are you suggesting an XP boost on top of the boost the heirlooms already give?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam-OC View Post
    That'd be the only way I'd even be okay with this. Don't make it more tedious for players in my category simply because some want an additional challenge. Buff the bonus exp to compensate for longer "challenging" runs.

I don't understand why they make veteran players go through all the leveling process tbh. Even the excuse "it allows you to learn how to play your class" isn't valid. No classes looks even remotely similar to how they play out at max level.

If you have a max level character, you should be able to skip the leveling process without paying 20 bucks for a boost. Not to say that I want free alts, because that would be retarded, but at least allow us to earn boosts or level up faster, I don't know, but the system in place sucks for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    I don't understand why they make veteran players go through all the leveling process tbh
    Blizzard doesn't make anyone go through more than 10 levels of leveling. You can either pay Blizzard for two pizzas and two pitchers of beer, or spend 5-20+ hours leveling the old fashioned way. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    low level dungeons has never been meant to be challenging ever
    You obviously never played vanilla wow where the dungeons required you to use CC and were tough as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam-OC View Post
    An increase of the boost... If that's what takes for players to accept the removal of the OP stats.

Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    You obviously never played vanilla wow where the dungeons required you to use CC and were tough as shit.
    I have, friend. feel free to check my achivments . "Lower Blackrock Spire
    Defeat Overlord Wyrmthalak.
    10 16/04/2010 " http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...168:14808:a643 the more you know. I simply accepted the fact that Low level dungeons are not supposed to be super hard.

I have, friend. feel free to check my achivments . "Lower Blackrock Spire
    Defeat Overlord Wyrmthalak.
    10 16/04/2010 " http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...168:14808:a643 the more you know. I simply accepted the fact that Low level dungeons are not supposed to be super hard.
    Just want to point out that the achievement system is a lousy way to prove that you played in Vanilla, being that it was added in the Wrath pre-patch. Vanilla was over well before 2010.

Anyway, the point is, dungeons across the leveling spectrum back then required at least some teamwork. It was possible to wipe. Trash respawned behind you after 30 minutes and it was very possible to have to clear the place out multiple times.

There's a fair amount of difference between "super hard" and "everything dies before a spell with a cast time can go off." When the tank is soloing the place everyone else has to wonder why the heck they even need to be there. Apart from whacking the XP pinata of course.

Find 4 other people who are like minded.. and want to experience the game in a more challenging fashion. No one wears heirlooms, or bought gear.. just self found from the very beginning. This should help make it more challenging like it was "back in the day".

I have to agree on point three,

I'd like to get the exp boost without equippable heirlooms

low level new players are completely useless against current players, its not fair

Deleted
    Welcome back to world of casuals.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason, why the dungeons are currently so easy as you say they are..well

1. Yes people have heirlooms yes, it does make them a lot easier.
    2. The Dungeons them selves are now designed to be easier(Cata revamp)
    3. Blizzard noticed that people did not like over the top challenging dungeons at low level and thus changed them

and as Tehterokkar said, some tank classes are OP as heck in low level.

Warriors/monks
    while druids/paladins hardly have anything to do.
    Thats means to an end.

Real reason why dungeons are so easy:
    1. Spoiled children born after 1995 joined the game.
    2. They got mad the game was too hard (because hitting 6 buttons is a fucking chore) and their parents called blizzard they aint rewarding their kid for being average.
    3. Blizzard wanted to keep their subscription money and caved.

And voila: Group finder, heirlooms, tuned down dungeons, class skills being nerfed and shit scaleing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    YES THEY HAVE.... at least a little bit... "i am not talking about HEROIC DIFFICOLTY" but at least let the group take some time to do 1 dungeon, let people talk and find out what to do.

NOt... run from start to stop... in 10 minuts... what is the fun in that.

I have to agree with him on this, dungeons back then were challenging. UBRS in Vanilla (and you did required a key so that is an form challenge as well), Scholomance, Stratholme, and I remember Blackfanthom Depth I kept getting - not bad groups because it was new at a time - but that one room with all those warlock and the turtles coming from each sides and the crabs. Or during the Burning Crusade, Shadow Labyrinth and The Shattered Halls, and let’s not forget the heroic dungeons in Cataclysm that were without a doubt the hardest tuned dungeons they did introduced. Most went there blindly without cc and got roflstomp, like Grim Batol per exemple.

Played Nostalrius, can confirm more wipes in first deadmines run than any of the WoD Normal or Heroic dungeons

Its been a while, but Im pretty sure I can say the same for MoP.
    Wrath 5 mans were a wotlk in the park up until ToC/ICC dungeons.
    Cata didnt have a park district. Cata 5 heroics were totally fucking legit except being stuck with ZA/ZG as the only "relevant" 5 mans for half of the expansion. I loved them so Im not mad.. Just sad I didnt get to run the others for variety.

BC 5 mans were amazing in the context of BC, and vanilla ones were really enjoyable too but in a very different way
    Its all nostalgia though, months ago I only ran dm, gnomer, uldaman, full mara(oh god lmao) ect in a vanilla setting a dozen times leveling and only thought I loved it

But thats probably only because Im bad. I cant even get top ranking parses now that I dont play the game any more.

The scrub life is hard
    Last edited by Daita Tetsu; 2016-06-27 at 09:36 PM.