Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by juniper View Post
    Ugh. I don't understand. After how many years, they suddenly decide it is "unfair" to have higher zoom? Any data to back that up, Blizz?

Horrible decision. It wasn't hurting anyone to have high zoom. What's that phrase... if it ain't broke...
    Even if it was... then you just un-hide the option. Make the slider in the options menu go that far. Why hasn't it been doing that all along?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Correct.

This community has become so laughably change-averse, everything is a sacred cow.
    There's a difference between something like No Flying and this. Removing flying can be negative to a lot of people but it also brings positive aspects to people as well. It makes you more immersed in the world and makes world PVP more common. This may not be true for everyone. It may not even be true for the majority. But it is true for some people.

This change removes options for the people who were using it without adding any positive aspects for the people who weren't using it. Completely negative change.

There is a middle ground between being change-averse and a Blizzdrone. Many people in this thread are in that area.

15+ Year Old Account
    Correct.

This community has become so laughably change-averse, everything is a sacred cow.
    There's nothing wrong with giving constructive criticism about a change especially since its a beta change. Yes there are people who will cry the end of the world for everything and complain about every change because they want to complain but then there are also people who will defend blizzard to the death for any change and any criticism valid or not will be shut down as "whining"

This change doesn't personally bother me since I am ranged but I can see why this would bother melee and tanks especially if they are larger characters like tauren. Larger bosses have always been an issue to some people and this console command helped alleviate that issue and I honestly don't see a reason why the console command needed to be removed unless they plan to never make massive size bosses again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    This change removes options for the people who were using it without adding any positive aspects for the people who weren't using it. Completely negative change.
    Except the 'option' you're describing is playing the game in a way that Blizzard don't intend. They hold all the cards, and they're making a game that is to be experienced from closer in than barely seeing your character's shoulder pads. As a result, it's not an option; they've deemed it no longer part of the core experience and, as such, removed it.

Claiming it's a loss, when the game will be designed around it, is change-aversion for its own sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the 'option' you're describing is playing the game in a way that Blizzard don't intend. They hold all the cards, and they're making a game that is to be experienced from closer in than barely seeing your character's shoulder pads. As a result, it's not an option; they've deemed it no longer part of the core experience and, as such, removed it.

Claiming it's a loss, when the game will be designed around it, is change-aversion for its own sake.
    If it was really against their vision then they shouldn't have allowed it to be in their game for 10 YEARS. Change that is inherently negative isn't being change averse. It is being fucking logical. You don't add or remove things just because. That's change for the sake of change.

I don't buy the "It's against our vision" bullshit. If that was the case then they should've changed it a LONG time ago. I bet that they want to add the action cam and they are too lazy to add conflicting options to the menu and allow players to either choose between action cam, extended zoom, or neither.

Actually my bigger concern is that in several areas u can't even utilize the default zoom. More visibility is always a good thing, and I feel wow sorely needs refinement in that regard.

Sorry, but such a bull**** watcher wrote is unbelieveable. But like always blizzard loves to removing things for the sake of removing. Nerfing Fun is the most important aspect of wow since cata, and this change is only there for the sake of removing more of it.

But hey, next time they will cap the Screen solution to the good old 640x480, to get even nearer to our characters.

Deleted
    kinda weird change for a game that's older than a decade, but looking at it from blizzard's point of view, I could totally understand why they do it. I'm sure this extreme camera distance was a thorn in their sides for a long time, because they put lots of work in their art, animations, etc. and people just zoom out over the max and see nothing of it.

Those who play for max efficiency often sacrifice "gamy" aspects and devs have to intervene to keep the integrity of the game.

It makes sense why they do this change now, though. With their work on all those new animations, it's obvious that they want players to see them.

In the end it's a game and it's important for a game to be limited in the way the user experiences it, so that the user doesn't break it. You wouldn't want to make a shooter and put in a FoV option that goes way too high. People push it to the max to see as much as possible on the screen even if the game looks ridiculous then.

But interrestingly: he want to remove it simply because people used the console for it... but hundrets of important ui-features get removed from the standard-menu to the console, making more things not available for the general public. So i can't understand simply: WHY?

Deleted
    But why?

/10char

Ridiculous...

I am glad I am not the only one that finds this change to be hugely insulting to the entire WoW community. I personally have played for 11+ years, all at max camera distance. Not because it can potentially give a tactical advantage, which honestly 95% of the player base really cant take advantage of because they don't have the training to think that way, but to actually see what the hell I am doing since you can't see anything when the camera is 3 ft behind you and all you can see is your character taking up 75% of your screen. I wish they would spend more time developing lore, and making the game content better then messing around with stupid shit like Max Camera distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    I for one will be looking for a 3rd party tool to increase my camera distance if they go through with this. I won't even lie about it.
    And if they find that reason to ban me, that'll be a good motivation to finally quit for good.
    Free Far Sight is the only one I've been able to find so far, but don't think it's updated for Legion yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxx View Post
    Don't even need a 3rd party tool for this. You can still edit wtf files to change the camera distance.
    Didn't work for me when I tried it yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Then why are you crying? It clearly wasnt intended.
    How was a console command put into the game by the fucking developers "not intended"? It's right there in the game. Next you'll say keybinding isn't intended because you need to go to the options to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct.

Sure, some of the community is that way. Others are just getting sick of Blizzard repeatedly making changes for the worse and then getting defended by people who either aren't affected or have no idea what they're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I'm sure the game will suddenly be designed around it after 10 years of the option existing. If they learned that it's suddenly not okay to be able to have options(as is pretty obvious with the Legion changes in general), then apply that to future games rather than making an existing one worse.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-06-26 at 04:09 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

In a game where addons can babysit you during raids and scream at you when you're standing in stuff, track another players abilities so you know when it's off CD or to even tell you what buttons to press to do good damage..... it's really strange for THIS to be what they decide isn't fair and needs to be removed.

Deleted
    Quite pleased with this change, I always felt forced to use the script to go max distance to play properly in raids, but it meant i didnt get to fully appreciate my character animations whilst doing it. This solves that problem, and everyone will now be in the same boat and will get used to it in time anyway.

Not true. Blizzard employees have actually been telling people how to set your camera distance to 50 for a long time now. Someone over on the WoW forums pointed that out in the big thread that was running about this topic. They included a link to a tech support (I think?) response where the employee just flat out walks you through how to set your camera zoom at 50.

Also, to suggest that Blizz didn't know people are doing this is to suggest that they have never, in ten years, watched any first kill videos, boss-guide videos, or any other videos where this camera distance was set. They have seen those videos of course, and they know people do it. Whether it was "intended" or not is irrelevant when it's equally available to everyone, they know you do it, they leave it there for ten+ years, and at times even tell you how to set the camera at 50 themselves.

As for whether Legion is designed for it I'm guessing either you're not in beta, you don't raid, or both. I mean that not as insult, but to point out you would have noticed: questing isn't so bad, but hey it's not like questing is hard to begin with. Raiding, on the other hand, will be hit pretty hard by this, particularly melee. Several of the bosses and the rooms themselves are very large.

Given that this is identical to how HFC, BRF, and many other raids have been designed (anyone remember the original giant Archimonde in the giant field?) - I would argue Legion raiding is not designed for the lowered zoom. It appears to be designed just like all the raids before, when the higher zoom feature was available.
    Last edited by Unir; 2016-06-26 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Yeah you'd probably know. I mean you're 11/13M. 1 year down the line.
    We've just had so many troubles with our dps because we can't see the top of the boss so we don't have that extra 25% dps that you get when the entirety of the boss model is on your screen.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    I am going to assume from your bull that you play tank and lead to boot!
    Not even going to assume. Just going to say it. You don't know or got shit. But if you worry enough to counter what I said in such a fashion I will also not assume, again, but know you got a serious lacking in the balls department too. If you have a point to make feel free. But if all you got is the need to prove you got nothing, mean nothing, and are just bitter pick someone else. It just makes more sense that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I´m going to check as a tank PoV and RL if i can see all the things in the new raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoxx View Post
    Don't even need a 3rd party tool for this. You can still edit wtf files to change the camera distance.
    Not if the game doesn't support it internally. Just like you can't set a resolution of 8k+.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    How was a console command put into the game by the fucking developers "not intended"? It's right there in the game. Next you'll say keybinding isn't intended because you need to go to the options to do it.
    Thats the most stupid comparison I've read in quite a while. Do you need to use consol commands to change your keybindings?