Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neelam View Post
    Lack of Mobility: Harpoon is great and on theme but outside of that all we have is a sprint on a 2/3 minute cooldown. Realistically we need a passive speed buff or bring back some form of the old AoTC. I can't see the reason for removing Disengage either, it helped a lot in both PVE and PVP (not to mention using it to avoid fall damage).
    What I personally would like to see instead of passive speed buff and Disengage is abit of rework of Harpoon. They need to give it 2 charges and make it so when you dont have anyone in target, harpoon pushes you forward like DH's dash, grapping the earth. Posthaste will be much more useful with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neelam View Post
    Durability: Currently we're the squishiest melee class in PVP with no escapes with a single defensive ability on a long cooldown. In all honesty I think keeping the current abilities from Live would be the best solution for this, it's a good mix of escape (disengage , posthaste) and damage reduction (deterrence).
    Instead of long cd long lasting damage reduction abilities and passives like other melees have Id like to see surv's defences be based on short cd (15s) skill that blocks all dmg in next 2 seconds. This will make class to have much higher skill cap since you'll rely on smart usage of this ability.
    Last edited by mindw0rk; 2016-06-26 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    The new SV goes live with pre-patch, yes? Which means hunters will be able to get drops on polearms? I would like to pickup Xu'tenash, both for use now and transmog later. It doesn't look exactly like the Troll Shadow Hunter weapons, but closer than anything else I can find in game atm. So I'm thinking late July through August will be a period where I can still find groups raiding HFC and will have a chance to get Xu'tenash as personal loot.
    You are correct, it can drop for Survival in 7.0. You'll get a free ilvl 655 Polearm in the mail when it launches, but if you can find something better that now I'd recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by docacola View Post
    You are correct, it can drop for Survival in 7.0. You'll get a free ilvl 655 Polearm in the mail when it launches, but if you can find something better that now I'd recommend it.
    I'd love to farm something today, but Xu'tenash is about the only symmetrical, dual-bladed polearm in the game, and it won't drop for my hunter no matter how many time I help kill Mannoroth... until pre-patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Or if you mean better for stats? Sure - I'll have something.

- - - Updated - - -

Have we worked out the best stats for Legion SV yet? Until I get Xu'tenash, I'll probably start with a baleful polearm. So many apexis crystals collecting dust, it will be easy enough to keep buying baleful polearms till I get ideal stats, then use a crystal and valor to get a 705 starter weapon.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    What about it ? All DK´s have a better version of it in chains of ice. Nothing special with rangers net.
    The really strong part about it is that the root effect enables us to land every Freezing Trap safely without aid. It's insanely strong.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I'd love to farm something today, but Xu'tenash is about the only symmetrical, dual-bladed polearm in the game, and it won't drop for my hunter no matter how many time I help kill Mannoroth... until pre-patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Or if you mean better for stats? Sure - I'll have something.

- - - Updated - - -

Have we worked out the best stats for Legion SV yet? Until I get Xu'tenash, I'll probably start with a baleful polearm. So many apexis crystals collecting dust, it will be easy enough to keep buying baleful polearms till I get ideal stats, then use a crystal and valor to get a 705 starter weapon.
    the pre-patch event will let you upgrade a fel weapon to 725 as well, if your raid drops are elusive. the mythic polearm from kormrok has been dropping like pennies at a checkout for my group, think all the hunters have one now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Right way to play the spec is to take Way of the Mok'nathal(T15), then using Flanking Strike only as a button to prevent you from capping Focus, not on CD. T100 talent should be Expert Trapper, it is nuts for ST.

Just ignore Mastery, pretend it doesn't exist because it's shit. And pretend Flanking Strike is Aimed Shot or something.
    Hey, thanks for the reply! I'm aware of what the proven most optimal build is, but I'm more curious about this from a research point of view. If any has noticed it proccing mastery (T100 Aspect of the Beast: Ferocity pet bleed); either it's application or it's DoT affect.

Didn't want to double post, but I was reading back with regards to rotation specifically on the opening of a fight, and was curious as some suggested not using Raptor Strike (with T15 Way of the Mok'nathal) until after using Aspect of the Eagle and everything. To me this seems like the wrong way to do things especially given the way and specifically the timing of trinkets particularly in the beginning of a fight will be changed in legion, that it would make more sense to spend the time building up WotMn before hand so during eagle all the mongoose bites are gaining benefit: for one ideally, from trinket procs, the cool-down Aspect of the Eagle, and the additional 12% Attack power, DoT's rolling, potion up; probably toward the later half of the 30 second potion duration. I am curious about this as well.
    Last edited by Thurlo; 2016-06-26 at 04:05 PM.

PvP Polearm ilvl 710 is a good option if you dont gave anything. I have Xu'tenash mythic 2/2 upgrade.

The weakest part of this spec is mobility
    Quote Originally Posted by mindw0rk View Post
    is abit of rework of Harpoon.
    its a good skill as opener, so better bringing back Disengage will solve all problems.

I would love to fully test this build. But Blizzard can't seem to fix the bug in which copied characters don't have traps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    I would love to fully test this build. But Blizzard can't seem to fix the bug in which copied characters don't have traps.
    what ? ive copied both to ptr and beta. Both works fine.

Deleted
    Well i copied mine today and havent any traps...

Obviously tuning isn't done, but does anyone have any recount data or SimC data from Beta to show the highest damage and correct way of doing things for min/max? Just curious because I've seen different things about the "correct" choices and how to play recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Obviously tuning isn't done, but does anyone have any recount data or SimC data from Beta to show the highest damage and correct way of doing things for min/max? Just curious because I've seen different things about the "correct" choices and how to play recently.
    This post has at least the basics. Opener and exact priorities are not yet known. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post41069728

Talents: http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-cal.../survival/MaXz

I only have caltrops, or the iron trap. So, just the ones I have skilled. No Explosion, no Ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    I only have caltrops, or the iron trap. So, just the ones I have skilled. No Explosion, no Ice.
    Check if you have Trap Launcher still active. Also try "/cancelaura Trap launcher". People who had Trap launcher buff still on couldn't see traps.

Check if you have Trap Launcher still active. Also try "/cancelaura Trap launcher". People who had Trap launcher buff still on couldn't see traps.
    Thank you! That fixed it.

This post has at least the basics. Opener and exact priorities are not yet known. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post41069728

Talents: http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-cal.../survival/MaXz
    Thanks, I'll check it out in a bit when I get more time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docacola View Post
    Will we also be able to get other 2handed weapons as drops in LFR? (2handed swords and axes)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Will we also be able to get other 2handed weapons as drops in LFR? (2handed swords and axes)
    More than likely no. Seeing as how they are leaving things the way they are in terms of class/spec requirements (as far as what's been revealed), then hunters will not be on the loot list for the drop from LFR. Best bet is get on a warrior/paladin/DK and use some bonus rolls trying to get the ones you want for the wardrobe feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Freerunz View Post
    The weakest part of this spec is mobility

its a good skill as opener, so better bringing back Disengage will solve all problems.
    Sorry to poke in, but I read the threads for everyone. but having Disengage and Harpoon would probably cause a few problems. Demon Hunters have something similar to that i think and are having to "Disengage then Harpoon" as a DPS boost.