Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Miyamoto: Link will always be the hero in mainline Zelda games

http://nintendoeverything.com/miyamo...olvement-more/

GK: We regularly talk about the possibility to include a female character in a Zelda game for several years. Considering her important role in the story and the name of the series, can we expect to see in the future a game with Zelda as the main protagonist? If Tingle managed to have two games in his glory on DS, surely it is possible to do something, right?

M: We clearly talked with the team to make a game centered about Sheik, so I cannot say it is impossible to see something of the sort in the future, but in the classic games in the series, Link is the hero and that will not change. For the rest, you have to be patient and see what happens!

What a sexist. Need some new development at Nintendo IMO. That shit don't fly in 2016 grandpa.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    What a sexist. Need some new development at Nintendo IMO. That shit don't fly in 2016 grandpa.
    I really hope this is sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I really don't see the problem. Just make Link series with playable zelda.

Or just leave it alone and come up with new stuff.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Uhh what? I suppose the next James Bond should be female as well right?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I'll assume you have yet to play a Legend of Zelda game?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Play as Zelda to rescue Zelda. Makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    People here must have broken their sarcasm detectors or used their unlucky dice on their sense motive rolls . . .
    More like too many stupid people arent joking these days so I've stopped giving the benefit of the doubt lol

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I'm surprised that they havn't tried to do a party like RPG with Zelda where you could have Link, Zelda, and others in a party trying to save or do XYZ

an alcoholic munitions manufacturing worker has more fingers then the LoZ series has games where the end goal is actually saving zelda.
    we are his...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    This is like creationists trying to smear evolution by calling it a religion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I'm surprised that they havn't tried to do a party like RPG with Zelda where you could have Link, Zelda, and others in a party trying to save or do XYZ
    Then the complaints would go "Why is Link the first character"

You can't win with these people

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Because that's not how the lore and prophecy of the hero works. Link is the hero of the prophecy, he's not the hero who gets paired with another hero or the hero who has a side kick party like some JRPG he is THE HERO, the, singular, not plural.

It amazes me how many people think you should just shit on 30 years of what made the series just for personal wants.

Spinoff games? Sure. Mainline Zelda? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It amazes me how many people think you should just shit on 30 years of what made the series just for personal wants.
    i take it you've never read a history book or watched modern television.
    we are his...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    This is like creationists trying to smear evolution by calling it a religion.

Deleted
    Well it is kind of a weird answer but it is "their" story. "Their" game. Changing things just for a political agenda is not really a good reason to change stuff.

If they come up with some cool story involving Zelde herself for example - I'd be game. No doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adarian View Post
    i take it you've never read a history book or watched modern television.
    I take it you failed to comprehend the post you just quoted.

Female Link? Yeah thats totally going to go well.

Deleted
    Good, it just wouldn't work with anyone else. Zelda is a magic-wielder, not a warrior. It would be very weird if you made Link and Zelda switch places... you'd have to drastically change their characters (giving Link a voice, etc), so it makes sense to have Zelda star in a spin off game that doesn't focus on stabbing things to death with a sword.
    inb4 ''OMG WOMYN CAN BE WARIOS 2, U SEXY PIG'' yes, I know, but then it wouldn't be Zelda anymore and you might as well just make a new character... in which case, why bother? Variety for variety's sake is retarded, just go with what fits.

Uhh what? I suppose the next James Bond should be female as well right?
    The next 12 should be to make up for the sexism of the past 26 films and 12 male actors.

I feel like Hyrule Warriors is about as close as we're gonna get to playing other characters. In a main story Zelda game, it'd be hard to break from the norm and not have people go batshit crazy. On the otherside of the coin, there was talk of a playable female character in Breath of the Wild, in place of Link if you chose her. Guess that wasn't confirmed, but a lot of people seemed to enjoy the idea, who knows, maybe it'll happen sooner than later.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."