Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    I can only be happy for this change I guess. In my 11 years of WoW, I never knew this was a thing. I'm a pretty good raider as it is, but I can't imagine how easy it would be with super far zoom out. It looks unfair tbh.
    It's not unfair because anyone can do it all they have to do is copy paste a line of text once.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinetha View Post
    It's not unfair because anyone can do it all they have to do is copy paste a line of text once.
    Copying paste is not that simple.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I like max zoom when I am tanking to see all around me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Utterly stupid decision, what's next. Forced raid comps to avoid the unfairness of class stacking? Limited frame rates so people with crap PCs aren't at a disadvantage?

I'm baffled by this, don't fix what's not broken for fuck's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderi View Post
    It's to make the game more immersive and to give stuff size again. This goes along to help make the action cam better for those who will use it. They have made this great expansive game and for people to be zoomed out to the point where there character is a mere pixel on the screen seems a bit dumb, doesn't it?
    First off, Stop telling me how to play a game and second off, Why would they limit my camera so I can't see with the great new view distance even better. By limiting the camera you are making it so I see less of the world. Don't tell people how they should experience the game, you are the problem with WoW right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Copying paste is not that simple.

Are you being sarcastic though? I sure hope so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    summing up the wow community:

"omg blizzard pruning makes the game easier, stop it"
    "omg blizzard higher camera distance makes the game easier, dont remove it"
    haha there is actually some truth here

literally who cares

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    haha there is actually some truth here
    Well one removes the need for "skill" from the playerbase, the other makes it easier to keep track of game mechanics. VERY different things, the first one is "bad" for people who like to demonstrate their skill and have some challenge in their gameplay, the second one is a QoL thing. Yes you can do without, but the only challenge is artificial in nature and can be avoided by cheating, which many people will resort to.

This is a terrible change.... sigh...

- - - Updated - - -

In a broad range of gaming genres (from RTS to Action RPG), being able to zoom out and see more of the world around you provides an objective advantage in the form of information. Due to that competitive advantage, camera-unlocking or increased zoom distance are features commonly found in third-party hacks for a variety of games.
    who the fuck cares about other games? This change is so awful.

I really like being able to zoom out further. I've been using the cvar command since back in TBC when the max zoom distance wasn't all that far away from your character. So overall I'm not super happy with the change.

However, judging from the screenshot the max zoom distance isn't too bad. Obviously I'd like it to be further away, but I can somewhat understand the reasoning. And if the max zoom distance feels far enough like the screenshot is trying to suggest, I could live with that.

It's not unplayable as some people make it out to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    I really like being able to zoom out further. I've been using the cvar command since back in TBC when the max zoom distance wasn't all that far away from your character. So overall I'm not super happy with the change.

However, judging from the screenshot the max zoom distance isn't too bad. Obviously I'd like it to be further away, but I can somewhat understand the reasoning. And if the max zoom distance feels far enough like the screenshot is trying to suggest, I could live with that.

It's not unplayable as some people make it out to be.
    Take the screenshots and add your UI to it and judge it then. Even with the standard UI the screenshots give a wrong impression.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    the change on its own is not really a big deal, and as you say we will all get used to it quickly. the problem is that the "unfair advantage" argument can be used on a lot more stuff, namely ui addons, dbm or weakauras, and that really scares me.
    That I agree with, I think that they should probably have communicated it abit differently.

Hello motion sickness.

Seriously though, I zoom out further to prevent myself from getting sick and allowing myself to play the game longer than I would be otherwise. Were it stands currently there is no way that I'm going to be able to raid like that. Giant bosses that take up my whole screen. Even just flying around the world makes me nauseous at the current zoom out level. Just fight galleon were he not only takes up my whole screen but when was gripped in I was done. That push the shaking made me need to stop mid fight to avoid all the queasiness.

The thing is, I know that I am not alone on this. Sure, being able to see more in a raid setting may seem like an advantage. But if it I (and others) weren't able to zoom out further we may not even be playing this game in the first place. I'm pretty new to this game compared to most (only playing a year so far) and the first thing I asked was "can I zoom out, this is making me sick?" I found a solution to my problem almost instantly and it has allowed me to play the game to this point.

I, like most of the wow community, hope that the change gets reverted back to what it was or at least something similar.

So far this is my least favorite change made for Legion. I only raid very occasionally, but I run BGs, RBGs and participate in WPVP constantly. Being able to have your camera zoomed out more helps with keeping an eye on your ranged healers for peeling, seeing flag runners quicker, being able to play off flags while still watching them, etc. And this doesn't give anyone using the further camera distance an unfair advantage over anyone else as these are all commands available to every single person who plays the game. They're not kickbots or any other form of hacking or cheating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am almost convinced they are having some sort of sadistic pleasure pissing people off every time, it's almost as if "lol, let's do this silly thing and see them cry *giggle*".

I have no idea why they are actively trying to piss off their players, I mean the guy himself said first sentence this change is going to be unpopular, then frikkin why do this when you now walk on the thin ice after Borelords of Snorenor fiasco? For the reason stated? Really? That's the unfair advantage in the game where you can mod the shit out of the client to literally roflstomp those who can't? This is the great equalizer?

I simply do not understand these guys.

Okay, so I know the whole prune thing is a meme at this point.. But did they really just prune the camera zoom..?

Alright then.

yeah well, i was already undecided if to play Legion ( i have purchased it already) seeing THE INSANE GRIND and GATING they put in place, it is worst than AION right now... worst or equal to any korean mmo you find on f2p market.
    They gate everything , insane amounts of time requiered, everything made to cut down on progress, and time per dollar investment .
    You will pay the same amount of money to play, for less results.
    You will gain wayyyy less gold in Legion, the gear is random to say teh least...worst than Diablo 3 even...have fun running 10 dungeons for 5 hours and not getting NOTHING in return....
    They weren't happy with ppl EASILY purchasing gametime tokens from ah, so they start gating, cutting down in gold income , increasing dificulty where it wasnt needed just TO SLOW PPL DOWN !

I AM OUT !
    SO YEAH, THIS TRULLY WENT DOWN TO TRASH BIN NOW, AS A GAME, BUT I AM HAPPY I GOT TO PLAY IT SO I COULD MAKE MY OWN IDEEA

7+ Year Old Account
    This... sucks.

But I'll get used to it. I know within a few weeks I won't even notice it, so I'm not going to throw a hissyfit about it.

But still... lame. Don't get it. Why why why. etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Not sure why some people are so passionate about keeping the command.
    Perhaps because we played with it for a decade and will get less enjoyment out of the game without it...

For me it's put me on the fence about even getting the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    They raised the cap on the original thread. Post more bloatware