Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Slam is going to be useless in LEGION

It seems there's no reason to have slam in your rotation.

• With our new Fervor of Battle talent, Whirlwind does more damage than slam, in non-crit damage and Crit damage.
    • In addition to Slam, Whirlwind also triggers our new trauma talent. (bleeds)

Extra observation

• Whrilwind does more damage with Fervor of Battle than using it during Avatar (however Avatar does increase all skill damage and not just Whrilwind).

Notes:
    Testing was done using the lv 102 Garrison dummy
    All testing done was single target damage
    I only used the in game combat logs to test numbers (no addons etc)
    I used battle cry to test crits
    Last edited by mmoc890251557c; 2016-06-27 at 09:56 PM.

Its only useless if u take that talent...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zivlaks View Post
    Its only useless if u take that talent...
    It's a good talent, slam is useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't take the talent? In case you haven't noticed there are a lot of abilities with different levels of usefulness depending on if you take certain talents or not. Like with Fury from what I understand is they ignore Raging Blow unless they take that talent...with Arms you don't use Mortal Strike much even though it's the poster child of the spec...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grimmrace View Post
    It's a good talent, slam is useless.
    Rend is a decent dot and avatar is a decent cooldown...not like you don't have any options.

Deleted
    Noticed the rage cost of ww vs slam ? Ww cost 25, slam cost 15.
    Ww does more damage, but what about dpr?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Noticed the rage cost of ww vs slam ? Ww cost 25, slam cost 15.
    Ww does more damage, but what about dpr?
    The 10 rage difference between the two skills was factored into my testing, WW still comes out ontop.

Deleted
    In all of this the most important piece of data is missing that is "how much in % is the difference in DPS between slam+rend and talented whirlwind?" (or slam+avatar)
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2016-06-26 at 04:37 PM.

Deleted
    I'll log into Legion later and see. Did the math some weeks ago, and ww only did slightly more dps / dpr with the talent- but I don't remember it being much , or hardly worth the talent compared to our other choices really...
    But we still need tuning , so any numbers right now is most likely a waste of time...

There's an artifact trait that increases Slam damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Well is one that increases WW by the same amount...

Thing is you can almost get off two Slams for the cost of one WW.

Deleted
    Does whirwind benefit from tactician aswell?

For me the only problem with arms is that it doesn't output very much. Seems underpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got to be honest, I don't place much stock in the analysis of a rando warrior player with 3 posts. There are storied and experienced Fury theoreycrafters here who I'd look to for confirmation on this.

You should post it in the Fury Legion Discussion thread. See what they say.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

For me the only problem with arms is that it doesn't output very much. Seems underpowered.
    Tactician was changed to being based on rage spent and not ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

It seems they changed tactician recently to be "You have a 0.65% chance per rage spent"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    There's one for Whirlwind too.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I've got to be honest, I don't place much stock in the analysis of a rando warrior player with 3 posts. There are storied and experienced Fury theoreycrafters here who I'd look to for confirmation on this.

I don't blame you lol, you should test it yourself.

One of the things here is that you're actually "complaining" is why the talent was created to begin with. Like that's seemingly the entire point of taking it would be to replace Slam with Whirlwind for the animation and the higher chance of proccing Tactician.

The other talents have their own upsides.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post

Well...are kinda talking Arms here? :P

He does have a point...raw damage, ability to ability WW does more...but don't think they're accounting for WW costing almost twice the rage as Slam. With the talent WW may be better...but it's not like he has to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Well...are kinda talking Arms here? :P

He does have a point...raw damage, ability to ability WW does more...but don't think they're accounting for WW costing almost twice the rage as Slam. With the talent WW may be better...but it's not like he has to take it.
    One of the perks is that while Whirlwind costs more, it does have a higher chance of proccing Tactician per usage while also doing more damage. With the artifact trait, Whirlwind has a proc chance equal to 32.5 rage (20% chance to proc) while Slam is equal to 19.5 (12% proc chance.)

It just comes down to some funky math if it's really worth taking the talent given the differences in usage rates between Slam and Whirlwind, damage to offset it, etc. before getting into fight specific things like the value of additional cleave and aoe and such, then comparing it to other talents.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2016-06-26 at 05:04 PM.

Rend + Slam > Fervor of Battle; also use Rend inside CS window cause its not an armor shred anymore, just a damage increase.

Who cares about the PTR?
    Have you tested this on the beta?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV