Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    These answers are comical - Every city will have crime and its almost always contained to a particular neighborhood(s) - The only reason the media continues to talk about cities like mine and Detroit are because its a 'headline'. Also crime has dick to with 'ethnicity' and everything to do with poverty. Impoverished areas will always see higher increase in crime. Chicago is always ranked in top 3 cities to visit in the US and it has millions of tourist pouring in throughout the year.

Chicago is not all bad... it's essentially all concentrated in the southern half.

Another reason not listed, in the poor communities people often have kids that they can't afford financially. If you live near any of the hot spots this becomes pretty evident. Condoms in many parts of the country are free, birth control is available as well yet people do not take advantage of this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    Because every city can't be good... nor great. Also, if you are just looking for the impoverished side of the city. That is all you see. Just like Milwaukee, Wi. Pretty impoverished but... Summerfest, Greek fest, Polish fest, Italian fest.... and if you were coming through for the festivities you would completely forget how 'segregated' the place is. Not even a blacks segregated from white-thing. Even white people are segregated from white people lol. If anyone has ever visited Milwaukee all I got to say... 3rd Ward.
    I remember visiting Milwaukee about 15 years ago with some friends, for a music fest downtown. While driving back to our motel room that night, a car full of hispanic gang members started trying to ram us off the road, and were hanging out of the car windows waving guns, flashing signs with their hands, and yelling stuff in Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I mean cities like Chicago, Detroit, Memphis and even a city close to me, Baltimore. Why are a lot of these cities so crime ridden and impoverished?
    you need to ask your self. what does every one of those cities have in common? there is a few things they all have in common

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Strong unions and 15 dollars or higher min wages, combined with 5 week vacations and truely public funded healthcare will fix a lot of the issues.
    $15/hour minimum wage will lead to full employment ...

... for robots.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with Chicago?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Chicago is not all bad... it's essentially all concentrated in the southern half.
    Yep. My daughter is going to med school in Chicago. She's living well to the north of that part.

I have to say, south Chicago is a great place to do your trauma surgery rotation.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Unfortunately hundreds of years of racism and discrimination, both legal and otherwise, created a culture that adapted to that circumstance... Where you status in your community was all you had, opportunity was non-existent, etc., unfotuntaly violence was quite prevalent in this culture as a means to an end of rising to the top of that community's power structure. Said culture cannot be changed in a single generation. Especially with the rampancy of such movements as Black Lives Matter, claiming the only path forward are reparations and other such nonsense, rather than the actual path forward of the black community cleaning itself up.
    Dude, you almost had it.

So was it decades of racism as you stated or is it more recent phenomena like BLM? How dare those people ask the cops to stop unfair policing practices.

Shouldn't the black community at least get reparations for recent racially-biased financial crimes like reverse redlining?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortga...erse_redlining

At least you have a real axe to grind though on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Economics and demographics.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the democrats or the people who voted them in?
    Both. Free shit mentality.

I think that we should have a work to eat program. You don't work. You don't eat. No more free rides.

When someone responds on how can I think like that. My response is stop stealing my money, go fuck yourself. I give no fucks about you, or your parasitic thieving ideology. Keep stealing from the working class. We're eventually going to get tired of it. Rich doesn't raise taxes. It's people who want free shit that raise taxes.

Deleted
    Everything is relative. Even the "worst" American cities are far better than 99% of the cities outside the Western civilization.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean cities like Chicago, Detroit, Memphis and even a city close to me, Baltimore. Why are a lot of these cities so crime ridden and impoverished?
    Again, Chicago is not "crime-ridden and improverished". It has some bad locations but the vast majority of the city is far from impoverished or crime-ridden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Dude, you almost had it.

So was it decades of racism as you stated or is it more recent phenomena like BLM? How dare those people ask the cops to stop unfair policing practices.

Shouldn't the black community at least get reparations for recent racially-biased financial crimes like reverse redlining?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortga...erse_redlining

At least you have a real axe to grind though on these forums.
    Police disproportionately target blacks because blacks disproportionately commit crimes. To argue otherwise or shout racism is retarded, you can literally look at the numbers. Obviously this is because blacks are disproportionately impoverished for reasons stated earlier. The police being more lenient is an absurd solution to this problem.

And do blacks deserve reparations for being the target of illicit schemes by financial institutions? Sure, if they can make their case in a court of law then they are entitled to the legal recompense afforded them by the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they are all run by democrats and they are voted in year after year for the last 50 years. They all used to be nice cities back in the 50s. The majority of cities run by Republicans are very nice and low crime like Hershey, Pa, Niagra Falls NY, etc.. Virtually no crime
    Last edited by Orlong; 2016-06-26 at 05:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Economics and demographics.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the democrats or the people who voted them in?
    Have u seen the map of the U.S and compare the parts of the country that have money and high education and the parties they vote for.

Pretty much all Republican areas are shitholes without education.

Its a rather complex issue, but it pretty much boils down to a couple of points.

1) poor city planning
    2) poor wealth distribution
    3) poor educational opportunities
    4) a culture of fatalism (aka, things wont get better, so I'm going to take what I want while I'm alive)
    5) both a lack of interest and a lack of funds for the politicians to enact changes to make things better.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    THey all have their own history and their own reasons for being like they are. Chicago to my knowledge, has a really rough history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Again, Chicago is not "crime-ridden and improverished". It has some bad locations but the vast majority of the city is far from impoverished or crime-ridden.
    I think we really need to bring some of these people up to the North Side, Darthsithis. Maybe we could show them those condos where the cost of the parking space is $25,000/year.

The democrat party machine. The democrat party runs these cities and has a vested interest in keeping poor people poor (and angry at the republicans) because that feeds the party the votes it needs. The democrat machine has a scheme going to give the poor just enough scraps to keep going without providing them the means to escape their plight. Relentless brainwashing from the liberal mainstream press keeps the people in check by telling them how "awful" the republicans are.

If the poor ever switched to the republican party, all of this would end and the poor in major cities would be able to rise to the middle class. But its extremely hard to reach them with the true message of hope when the endless screams of hate from the democrats shout us down.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2016-06-26 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Because of a big mistake Lincoln made 150 years ago.

[Infracted]
    Lincoln should have never been. When the founders wrote the constitution that gave every man no matter what the skin color full liberty and freedom. Unfortunately we had a government that wanted to oppress people and keep people down. It still happens to this day.

It's sad to see with such a great idea as the US constitution that slavery existed, but man loves oppressing other man.