Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Torbjorn nerf (PS4 & Xbox One)

In an upcoming patch, we will reduce the damage done by Torbjörn's turret by 30% on Xbox One and PS4. PC will remain unchanged.
    ETA - Mid to late July depending on 1st party certification times.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...z83p?context=3

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. I'd be interested in their reasoning for not nerfing it on PC.. People being better able to kill the turret on PC, meaning it has less of an impact?

10+ Year Old Account
    That is fucking hilarious. What next? They going to nerf Symmetra's damage and turrets? Reduce the charge rate or duration of 76's ult? Reduce the charge rate of Mccree's ult?

Edit: To clarify, I think the change is fine but I would hope to see some consistency when they start making changes like this.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2016-06-26 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Huh. I'd be interested in their reasoning for not nerfing it on PC.. People being better able to kill the turret on PC, meaning it has less of an impact?
    Pretty much, on PC people can easily snap 180 put in a few shots and take it out, while console has to deal with turning based on control sticks, while you can get to the level of snap of PC it often means you are not anywhere near as accurate which leads to Torb's turret being an outlier in that restricted mobility sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosinciter View Post
    Pretty much, on PC people can easily snap 180 put in a few shots and take it out, while console has to deal with turning based on control sticks, while you can get to the level of snap of PC it often means you are not anywhere near as accurate which leads to Torb's turret being an outlier in that restricted mobility sense.
    Hmm, makes sense I guess..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    That is fucking hilarious. What next? They going to nerf Symmetra's damage and turrets? Reduce the charge rate or duration of 76's ult? Reduce the charge rate of Mccree's ult?

Edit: To clarify, I think the change is fine but I would hope to see some consistency when they start making changes like this.
    Symm's turrets have 1 hp and you can kill them effectively with one of Pharah's rockets. They don't have a lot of range either.
    McCree and 76's ults are . . . ultimates. Not common abilities. They can be LoSed for the duration.

Apples and oranges man.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    That's definitely a console only change. That would totally ruin Torb on PC, lol. He actually could stand to use slight buffs or tweaking on PC.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Consistency to what exactly?

"Console plebs cant turn fast enough as they never could in the last 30 years so the turret destroys them and we need to fix that somehow"

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Consistency to what exactly?

"Console plebs cant turn fast enough as they never could in the last 30 years so the turret destroys them and we need to fix that somehow"
    so whats next, console nerfs to tracer and genji, because people cant turn around quickly enough? maybe pharah, too, as tilting up and rotating around sounds like a chore?

fast shooters on consoles are always so problematic...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    He actually could stand to use slight buffs or tweaking on PC.
    Hue hue hue.

Deleted

What consistensy? they always said they wanted to nerf/buff on individual platforms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    so whats next, console nerfs to tracer and genji, because people cant turn around quickly enough? maybe pharah, too, as tilting up and rotating around sounds like a chore?

fast shooters on consoles are always so problematic...
    Actually Pharah is considered OP on consoles due to that specific scenario.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    so whats next, console nerfs to tracer and genji, because people cant turn around quickly enough?
    Those Tracer and Genji need to turn too. A Tor turret has autoaim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Hue hue hue.
    Sorry, bro. Torb is only strong in the below average rankings. He's not bad, just not nearly as good as a lot of inexperienced players think he is.
    http://www.planetoverwatch.org/15-ov...hanges-and-you
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I just wish his turrets were like in the original TF where it would only fire after a second of making beep noises, which made peekaboo attacks possible. Then Torb would go hunt down the peekaboo.

Good change. Console aiming and controls aren't as snappy and accurate on console which slows down the combat by alot compared to pc. I mean in pc you can do a 180 turn in half a second Consoles can't do that so it was dumb that turrets can lock on and turn with ease when players couldn't

Not to mention console players can't really talk which each other. There's no text box and people don't use a mic so it's hard to tell people where the turret is.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I understand the principle, I still think it'd be better if it had a finite turning speed though. On all platforms. So you could at least peek shoot an unattended turret without it ripping your face off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I understand the principle, I still think it'd be better if it had a finite turning speed though. On all platforms. So you could at least peek shoot an unattended turret without it ripping your face off.
    The problem is on PC torb is already sub par as it's easy to communicate with your team and it's easier to aim and control your characters. It's drastically different on console. Torbs are in every team and if you find a turret you are the one that's got to take it out before it takes your team out because outside voice chat which nobody but pre mades use there isn't a way to warn your team and aiming for the turret is much harder and less accurate with a controller. If there was gyro controls it would be better.

Fun fact though symmetras turrets in beta of console already had reduced damage applied to them too
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

id honestly rather it had a blind zone on all mediums than anything else

10+ Year Old Account

It is because on console Torbjorn's win rate (and pick rate) is way too high.

It is much harder to aim and destroy the turret than on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    yea Chaos explained it pretty well.. There are big difference between keyboard/mouse & console controller. So in our matches, there are plenty of times where a Pharrah, Genji, Hanzo, Widowmaker, and characters like that who can do those quick "shoot/hide/shoot/hide" around corners or snipe from a distance can take down Turrets quite easily. Even if you are repairing the turret, their damage output is higher than your repair tool.