Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that a matter of comparison is needed to point out the size of the economies we are talking about, sure Texas isn't anywhere near the UK's size but it's still a bit more than a 1.6 trillion dollar economy. It'd be a bit like if Sweden, Finland, Poland, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, The Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary all decided to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can imagine David Cameron is pretty much "Screw it all" at the moment :S

Deleted
    Predictable that mad as batshit separatist movements will try and grab some cheap publicity. Just ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    The Middle East, and Vietnam..etc says hello.

- - - Updated - - -

You should go back and re-read your own posts. You're the one that started with the threat of violence. I just shared a link of the resources Texas has.
    No, you provided a link by an author who uses rhetoric and draws conclusions based on tired "true conservative" talking points that have proven ineffective.

When someone declares a state a nuclear superpower because they "have facilities", it's a sign they aren't particularly in tune with reality.

I'm shocked you didn't pick up on that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    After a few years yeah. As you seen with Brexit, shit tends to get all jacked up when member states decide to leave unions.

- - - Updated - - -

You contradict yourself. You agree that it is a tiny minority, then say you are shocked "So many" want to leave.

Many do not want to leave and yes they do understand that Texas would suffer for leaving.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not PC to point out when other States are stupid. You can only generalize Texas that way.
    Pretty sure I never contradicted myself. Reread what I said. I said the majority wouldn't do it. Then I said I'm always surprised by how many want to leave. Meaning over the years I've been surprised that so many people are this dumb. You see, so many can mean as little as ten people. As I'm astonished that many people would be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I actually think it would be, to be honest. The political divide in the US is so vast (even to this day, well over a century since the Civil War) that an independent South would likely mean better government for both countries. With the way things are currently, it is very difficult to get things done in a divided and very contentious Congress.
    No it wouldn't be utopia because they'd be poor as shit without the federal government and trade etc. Mississippi for example is always cited as the poorest in the nation yet they're always one of the states that want to leave. If they became their own country for example they'd be living poor as can be. And sure living by the bibles law may sound great at first to them, but I think even they'd get sick of certain things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    The Middle East, and Vietnam..etc says hello.
    The former was a group of several countries banded together, with an actual army, and attack vehicles including tanks, and choppers, and artillery, etc. They're funded by several governments.

The latter......... I have no idea why are you even bringing up the latter. Vietnam had the backing of the soviet union and china behind it, and at the time, the actual technological level of the US warmachine was pathetic, and things like drones that can turn you into gazpacho from the stratosphere didn't exist. Plus, US Infantry was neither trained, nor accustomed to fighting in the jungle, it was an unfamiliar terrain, fought by unconventional guerrillas.

Why do you even remotely think this in any way resembles texas? Are you telling me US troops would be unable to fight an armed militia in their own soil? Plus who's gonna fund this militia? Fighting a war is not cheap, in case you missed it. Invading a foreign land and keeping it occupied while at the same time not leaving yours undefended is not as easy as it sounds.

All of this is nothing more than an unbelievably retarded dream cooked up by redneck hillibillies that smoked more pot than they should have.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Texas literally cannot secede from the union even if they wanted to.

Fairly certain that it's just a vocal minority seriously calling for Texas to secede.
    This pretty much ends it ....as cute of a distraction as it is.
    Still , fun to play "what if"

Now that I look into it more. Texas is alot like Canada.
    GDP Canada - 1,552,386 US$
    GDP Texas - 1,648,007 US$

Population Canada - ~36,155,487
    Population Texas - ~27,469,114

I can't find the numbers on the Texas State Guard but I'd guess it'd be similar? Maybe Texas could hold out ok if the treaties with the USA helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Now that I look into it more. Texas is alot like Canada.
    GDP Canada - 1,552,386 US$
    GDP Texas - 1,648,007 US$

Population Canada - ~36,155,487
    Population Texas - ~27,469,114

I can't find the numbers on the Texas State Guard but I'd guess it'd be similar? Maybe Texas could hold out ok if the treaties with the USA helped.
    What treaties? We already had a war that affirmed that states don't have a right to secede. Additionally the current GDP of Texas doesn't hold much relevance to the argument of independence when it is dependent on the rest of the nation.

Why can't we just earthquake texas off of the continent?

Texit is the best idea people have had in a long time, I'd love to see it happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hehehe, how silly. The morons think they can stand up to a federal government that would simply drone-kill them out of existence.

There is no mechanism outside of violence for a state to leave the Union. And if I may quote the Constitution " Treason shall consist of levying war against the United States." So yeh... drone time.

Now if they are really serious, they should push for a constitutional amendment that establishes a method for states to legally secede. GL with that.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    We all wish it, then I'd be 110% in support of a wall on the US' southern border.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minesweeperchampion View Post
    Texit is the best idea people have had in a long time, I'd love to see it happen.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    Texas should Texit. The US Government is un-democratic and Texas should regain sovereignty. Since it joined the Americans, it has been overrun by foreigners (Americans), who steal all the Jobs and take all the welfare.

It is so bad their that the true Texans now have to live in Reservations, so that the waves immigrant Americans do not kill them off.

texit sound like a cheap sneak and also you guys don't have great statesmen like Farage or Bojo if only Cordell Walker was real then maybe....
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.