Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The next 12 should be to make up for the sexism of the past 26 films and 12 male actors.
    Honestly, James bond should be a transgender homosexual female vegetarian, and the movie should be about stopping the evil males from releasing a million slightly offensive tweets, that would lead to widespread cases of offended feminists.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I take it you failed to comprehend the post you just quoted.
    so people haven't been shitting on everything their forebears left them since time in antiquity to today?
    PS: I'm agreeing with you, I'm just being a smart-ass trying to get some humor out of what i wasted my life learning.
    we are his...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    This is like creationists trying to smear evolution by calling it a religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I feel like Hyrule Warriors is about as close as we're gonna get to playing other characters. In a main story Zelda game, it'd be hard to break from the norm and not have people go batshit crazy. On the otherside of the coin, there was talk of a playable female character in Breath of the Wild, in place of Link if you chose her. Guess that wasn't confirmed, but a lot of people seemed to enjoy the idea, who knows, maybe it'll happen sooner than later.
    It was a baseless rumor from a person who just throws shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Emily Rogers/all the other Nintendo leakers have been proven to be idiots over the course of most of this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adarian View Post
    so people haven't been shitting on everything their forebears left them since time in antiquity to today?
    PS: I'm agreeing with you, I'm just being a smart-ass trying to get some humor out of what i wasted my life learning.
    I gotcha, the thing with Zelda though is that it's a very set in stone story where you just change the minor details of why and where. It's supposed to be the same prophecy fulfilling itself each time, and if it was not then it's not a main line Zelda and is a spinoff by default.

Lol, as if they'd ever make a new character in LoZ or change the characters. They haven't introduced anything new to it since its release. Same shit, different graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Lol, as if they'd ever make a new character in LoZ or change the characters. They haven't introduced anything new to it since its release. Same shit, different graphics.
    Yea they never introduced anything new.

You know, they never jumped from a top down 2D experience to a full 3D world experience.

They never experimented with a full word to sail around a decade before Black Flag.

And they certainly aren't going full open world, with a fully destructible and climbable natural wilderness in the next one...

Yep, they never change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Link is a man, always have been and always will be. If you've read Hyrule Historia, you'd know that already. Just like Ganon, Link is the reincarnation of the same soul over and over. Same for Zelda. It is my belief that Gender is soul-based rather than acquired at birth in that universe, so it wouldn't make much sense to have a "gender swap".

However, Link sexuality or how he perceives himself has never been stated in the official lore. This is in tune with how Nintendo want the player to feel when he plays: Link is the soul of the Hero, but everything else belongs to the player's mind. Link can be gay, straight, bi, transgender (in his mind), asexual, pansexual. Everything else - for instance, the "relationship" in the mangas, are not canon (and claimed as such by Nintendo, once again).
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Who gives a flying bats arse about what gender the person is, it could be a Tree Shrubbery Masked Kid, a Grown man or even a Female Princess.

*shrug*, we've seen most of it, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Female Link? Yeah thats totally going to go well.

oh god fucking dammit, i fucking recognize that one.

guy writes fantasy about how he daydreamed of exploring caves and shit...

now people bitch and moan that he doesn't make his fantasized character female cause it's the current year.

10+ Year Old Account

I would rather play as the king of mad disrespect before I get a game where we play as Zelda or Sheik anyway. Not enough games let you play as the villain.

I'm not seeing a problem.

2016, a year in which developers have to justify making a male video game protagonist.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I really don't see the problem. Just make Link series with playable zelda.
    Personally, I'd like to see a game where you can play as both characters with different stories that intertwine. Honestly, if you want a way to do it right, you do a game in the kind of vein as Oracle of Ages/Seasons with two independent stories but their plots are relevant to the ending of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem with the excuse they gave for not making Link is that i feel they completely missed the point. There's only one LoZ where Link and Zelda have an actual romantic relationship and that's Skyward Sword. Other than that, Link is very much a blank slate character so his gender really doesn't matter. Linkle would literally be Link... but a girl obviously. If they wanted to explore the relationship between Link and Zelda again then they could do a lesbian relationship but that's asking a lot from Nintendo. They are overcomplicating things by saying that they thought about making Zelda the main character. People don't want Zelda, they just want a female skin for Link and considering there's nothing about Link's character that would suggest it wouldn't fit, then I don't see the problem.

I don't care if they add Linkle or not, but their reasoning for not doing so is completely missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by megasus View Post
    2016, a year in which developers have to justify making a male video game protagonist.
    Its [current year] bro!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by megasus View Post
    I mean they brought it on themselves by allowing a female version of Link to be added to Hyrule Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    My problem with the excuse they gave for not making Link is that i feel they completely missed the point. There's only one LoZ where Link and Zelda have an actual romantic relationship and that's Skyward Sword. Other than that, Link is very much a blank slate character so his gender really doesn't matter. Linkle would literally be Link... but a girl obviously. If they wanted to explore the relationship between Link and Zelda again then they could do a lesbian relationship but that's asking a lot from Nintendo. They are overcomplicating things by saying that they thought about making Zelda the main character. People don't want Zelda, they just want a female skin for Link and considering there's nothing about Link's character that would suggest it wouldn't fit, then I don't see the problem.

I don't care if they add Linkle or not, but their reasoning for not doing so is completely missing the point.
    Link is a man. Just gender swapping arbitrarily is beyond stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Link is a man. Just gender swapping arbitrarily is beyond stupid.
    They've already done it. People aren't just randomly trying to gender swap every video game character ever. Linkle already exists. Also what part of Link's character exactly necessitates that he be a man?

This notion that you need to change Link to a female to suit their agenda because its [Current Year] is so ridiculous to me. Do they really not see they are overlooking one of, if not the, strongest female characters in video game history, Zelda? They're just totally invalidating an amazing character because they're jealous assholes who need to steal something that people love by changing it, not just get something they also like.

Zelda is a fucking boss. She is so awesome, even when I was playing OoT when I was around 8, I already knew Zelda was this enormous force not to be reckoned with. I mean she's the only reason that Link can beat Ganondorf in OoT. She's normally the only reason that Link can beat Ganon in most of the games.

But no, these leeches are not content with having one of the coolest video game characters ever, they need to have Link be changed into a woman because something something feminism. And let's say eventually we get a straight up female Link, not Linkle or anything else. How long until these retards start demanding that Link and Zelda be explicit with their romance because 'zomg a lesbian relationship!' rather than the subtle wink that the games usually play regarding Zelda and Link's connection being more than friends.

Edit: LOL I didn't even see Poppincaps bringing up the lesbian point. That is exactly the asinine bullshit I was talking about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With all that said, I also don't see why these people don't also ask for just a Zelda game. I don't really care if it would be called "The Legend of Zelda: whatthefuckever" as in a main game or if it's in some spin off game. I would absolutely LOVE to play a game where you were Zelda and it was more magic-based (Although still have swordplay). Basically how Twilight Princess' Zelda was. A badass with a Rapier but who MOSTLY uses magic. The opposite of Link, who is mostly swordplay but also has magic elements.

Some kind of universe where something went wrong and Link never reincarnated and so Hyrule is thrown into chaos because the Triforce of Courage didn't come back? Maybe Ganon found some way to time travel or whatnot and stuck Link out of time.

Or a Sheik game if they can't be bothered to spin off a 5th timeline at this point. Maybe showcasing Zelda's shenanigans during the 7 years between Child and Adult Link in OoT. Where Sheik is learning to be ninja-like, and do all the things we hear about Sheik having done (Like saving Ruto from the ice or whatever). I'm less interested in that (Namely because even if Sheik was more focused around stealth or something like I guess it would, I really want a Zelda game focused a lot around magic), but it would still be pretty neat.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-06-26 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    They've already done it. People aren't just randomly trying to gender swap every video game character ever. Linkle already exists. Also what part of Link's character exactly necessitates that he be a man?
    The part where, in the story, he's bound by some curse to reincarnate every single time as the same entity?