Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    It's funny how even after all this time people still don't understand the history of WoD. We didn't go back in time, Garrosh did. Once the portal opened and we went through it with Khadgar and company we went to another Draenor. It's a different reality. We, the players, didn't go back in time. We simply crossed a portal and crushed the new horde. That's it.
    I personally feel really smart, because after I got the initial explanation and some side fillers, it pretty much made sense to me. I've heard lots of people grumble and try to explain how it doesn't make sense, but I never understand their argument. Maybe my advantage is I don't get caught up into the nit picks. The way everything unfolds in Wod ties together well enough that I get the point of it and I move on.

Ok, I'm not really smart, it's more than I don't really care. Here is the basis of what's happening and I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I personally feel really smart, because after I got the initial explanation and some side fillers, it pretty much made sense to me. I've heard lots of people grumble and try to explain how it doesn't make sense, but I never understand their argument. Maybe my advantage is I don't get caught up into the nit picks. The way everything unfolds in Wod ties together well enough that I get the point of it and I move on.

Ok, I'm not really smart, it's more than I don't really care. Here is the basis of what's happening and I'm fine with it.
    WoD story isn't really good but it's really easy to understand. It makes sense because pretty much everything makes sense with alternate realities. People are nitpicking because hating wow makes them cooler.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I personally feel really smart, because after I got the initial explanation and some side fillers, it pretty much made sense to me
    My big issue with the explanation was that they changed it fairly early. People pointed out that "This is Garrosh changing history" then a Blizz dev directly confirmed it. Then a different Blizz dev uncomfirmed it to say "Actually, there's a list of differences between that universe and thus it isn't actually literally traveling time in our own universe but rather hoping to a different one, as well." Then, someone pointed out "That makes sense as the Lords of War videos were different than current canon" and a Blizz dev responded "oh well those are canon to the main universe now, too." Then, and only then, did they release the tiny short-story with Garrosh's arrival on Draenor.

Anyone who "got it" from the start, didn't. Because they kept changing their minds and arguing with each other, publically, over what was or wasn't "the way it was." Which had a fairly obvious effect on Talador and Gorgrond's story, as well. The mishmash of halfassed plotlines that don't necessarily match up, in both zones, should never have happened.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Still wonder why some random common dude doesn't understand timeslips and travel.

Good bit of irony in this title lol.
    I think it makes sense as well as anything else in fantasy. Don't overthink it. Its just a game after all.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Lords of War stories were told by Marad and he told what did happen in the main universe back in the time when the chaos started on Draenor. We never knew how those characters were back then because that happened even before Warcraft 1. So, what Marad told had nothing to do what was going to happen in AU Draenor. I don't get what is so confusing here?

No one confirmed that Garrosh is changing history. What is very interesting is that in alternative universe, Garrosh does not exists as Grom's son. So, did he really changed anything at all or whatever Garrosh did, was actually bound to happen? I find this so amazing.....
    I believe that Kairoz picked a reality where Garrosh don't exist but randomly come with diferents changes.Like Marad don't exist,Blackhand is a lava badass and so on.

Deleted
    I hope WoD encourages Blizzard to keep the time travel squarely in Caverns of Time.

Then again, it could've been something amazing. You had an entire underused dragonflight (Infinite Dragonflight) at your disposal. That alone could've been an entire raid tier. So much wasted potential.

It's funny how even after all this time people still don't understand the history of WoD. We didn't go back in time, Garrosh did. Once the portal opened and we went through it with Khadgar and company we went to another Draenor. It's a different reality. We, the players, didn't go back in time. We simply crossed a portal and crushed the new horde. That's it.
    How can we find and kill Garrosh in that different reality without also traveling back in time?

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    It was fucking nonsense made up to tie into the movie.
    actually it was probably because they needed guldan for a legion invasion and had limited options on how to get him

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    actually it was probably because they needed guldan for a legion invasion and had limited options on how to get him
    They could go to the skull of Gul'dan which would tie perfectly with Illidan.WoD was a cool idea for us to see the original homeworld of the Orcs before it got corrupted,which in my opinion is a cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post

Anyone who "got it" from the start, didn't. Because they kept changing their minds and arguing with each other, publically, over what was or wasn't "the way it was." Which had a fairly obvious effect on Talador and Gorgrond's story, as well. The mishmash of halfassed plotlines that don't necessarily match up, in both zones, should never have happened.

I got it from the start because I took the original statement at face value and moved on. I didn't sit around and try to pick a million holes in it and I didn't catch every little Dev A said X and Dev B said Y tweet

Garrosh went to a different Draenor than outlands, rally the troops, made cool tech, opened a portal to our Azeroth present day, started invasion. There really is nothing else to get.

I missed all the little side arguments, so I guess lucky me.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-06-26 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    The only reason for the expansion was to bring back Gul'dan.
    Pretty much this. To be honest they could've just done something else, like have him resurrected in the tomb of Sargeras or something..... or reveal that he faked his death or some shit. The thing that's dumb is Gul'dan is going to die in the first tier of raiding anyways, why not keep this character that is so relevant to the lore alive. It's not like with the Lich King where we had to wait a decade before we saw him defeated, players are still getting used to Gul'dan being a real bad guy. Plus they are starting to legit run out of real threats in the world by this point.

As for the topic, WoD has had shitty lore all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    How can we find and kill Garrosh in that different reality without also traveling back in time?
    Because we are in another reality. If we went to alternate azeroth we'd find Lothar and company and yet our azeroth would still be in our current time. It's not time travel, we are just in another reality. In fact we don't even know how long it took for Garrosh to work on his iron horde.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Too late for this... /thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Then again, it could've been something amazing. You had an entire underused dragonflight (Infinite Dragonflight) at your disposal. That alone could've been an entire raid tier. So much wasted potential.
    So it would have turned out pretty much the same except for the Legion enter Time dragons. It wouldn't have worked out very well because we already stopped the Iron Horde. What more would the Infinite flight be able to do to attack Azeroth? We stopped the threat before Tanaan Jungle. Gul'Dan and the Legion used that as a chance to create a new threat. The infinite might have had a hand in Kairoz along with Wrathion but Garrosh put an end to that and things didn't go according to the original plan.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Because we are in another reality. If we went to alternate azeroth we'd find Lothar and company and yet our azeroth would still be in our current time. It's not time travel, we are just in another reality. In fact we don't even know how long it took for Garrosh to work on his iron horde.
    If only Garrosh traveled back in time, he took at least the same amount of time building up his Iron Horde as it took from the first opening of the Dark Portal until current time. That would be over 30 years + whatever time it took to get from Grommash drinking Fel till the opening in our reality.
    Last edited by Delaios; 2016-06-26 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SandMax View Post
    Garrosh goes back in time to Draenor age, creating alternate timeline. In this timeline orc clans form "iron horde", their mission is to conquer azeroth of the "original" universe. This doesnt really make sense since if they build portal in this alternate universe, the portal will lead to alternate Azeroth, not the one players are in, so the original Azeroth was never in danger of orc invasion. The whole premise of expansion doesnt make sense, unless somehow the portal built in alternate universe leads to Azeroth in original universe.
    Everything is explained in Hellscream shortstory.

Kairoz, who went back to alt Draenor with Garrosh, still had the fragment from the Vision of Time with his after it was shattered to create the portal. He explains that as long as the fragment remains in this dimension, portals will always be able to connect back to the original Azeroth, because the other pieces are still there..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    If only Garrosh traveled back in time, he took at least the same amount of time building up his Iron Horde as it took from the first opening of the Dark Portal until current time. That would be over 30 years + whatever time it took to get from Grommash drinking Fel till the opening in our reality.
    Events could have played out differently so the number of years are unknown. Kairoz and Garrosh are the only ones who went back in time. Kairoz wanted to use Garrosh to create an army to stop the legion either for Wrathion or because of what Wrathion was warning in MoP. Garrosh kills Kairoz and uses it as his chance for revenge. But even he doesn't control the Iron Horde.

The magic of the hourglass and Kairoz linked the time time ways. So it could have only been five years since Garrosh was sent back and then they opened the portal revealing themselves.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I understand the story of WoD, I just don't like it overall despite a few good things in the mix like Khadgar and the Arakkoa.

WoD was to give the players what they wanted. Or so they thought. TBC is golden ages so they brought a lot of what was in TBC back, including taking us to see the areas before they were destroyed.