Poll: New or old?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury was changed.

I know it's not terribly important, but the special arrow animation for Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury has been changed in Legion for some reason... The new animation looks meh to me, old one was much better, I'm rather disappointed in this change.

New animation, for your convenience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hByGOz0cgEw

Old: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olWWHwL-FwY (my sub is inactive, so unfortunately I can't record a better one for you)

I'm all for them going back and updating things, but I don't feel like they should be changing them in such a way that the new animation doesn't remotely resemble the old... Not that Thori'dal's animation didn't still look good already, it aged pretty well.

Bow is "stars' fury", and the old animation fit that, the new animation looks like lightning which makes no sense... and I miss the trail the arrow left in the old animaiton, that was the best part.

Edit: Added a poll out of curiosity.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-07-13 at 04:52 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

IDK personaly that new one looks pretty cool too bad you cant transmog to it because I would do that instantly.

Difficult to compare without the "old" animation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Difficult to compare without the "old" animation
    Unfortunately my WoW sub is inactive, so I can't really go record it for you... You can easily find a decent video on youtube, but of course the people who record them always plaster stupid music over it.

These are about the best ones I can find https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNJ8kuXSVFA / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olWWHwL-FwY
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-06-26 at 05:22 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Although the tail animation that comes from the projectile in the old animation is good, I still like the new animation much better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh new animation look better.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    I also think the new animation looks nicer.

Deleted
    Dunno why they changed this. Maybe it uses an animation that is used in another spell that got an upgrade?

Anyways, would even use a bow when this would be the animation used.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the problem with the new animation. They didn't change much. It really just looks a little bigger, brighter? No problem with that.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

actually looks better
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    Dunno why they changed this. Maybe it uses an animation that is used in another spell that got an upgrade?
    I'm guessing this is what it is honestly, probably the same projectile is used by an artifact weapon and then they tuned it up a bit.

As long as it still shoots arrows AM I RIGHT

10+ Year Old Account
    The new one looks better overall but they should have kept the trail IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    I'd have been fine with it if they kept the trail, it just looks wrong without it.

The old one looks like some kind of druid arcane animation.

The new one is way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Agreed. 10char

I think the new one looks better, baffling as to why they would change an animation for an 8 year old completely obsolete weapon that can't be transmogged though.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    They look close to the same to me in all honesty.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

New one looks better overall, but I agree that the old one made more sense being the "stars fury" and whatnot. Also this:

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    baffling as to why they would change an animation for an 8 year old completely obsolete weapon that can't be transmogged though.
    My only guess is that the code is somehow relevant for artifact weapons or something along those lines. Or, they're secretly grooming legendary weapons to become transmoggable in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    They look close to the same to me in all honesty.

Are you sure you didn't look at both the videos of the old version? The new and old ones don't look remotely similar.

Old one is blue/white, and has a long trail of energy that follows the projectile, new one is sort of a turquoise color, small lightning bolt looking thing with no trail.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-06-26 at 06:17 PM.